There is no top gg in the 4th gen so far

• Tbh, its pretty spread out right now. Girgl groups are outselling, but there is no one girl group that is leading by a huge margin.

Aespa is doing great in sales and good in charting.

I've had korean charts and streams as well as Spotify streams.

Gidle has a huge hit with tomboy.

Itzy has solid touring and streams.

It doesn't seem like one group is the top gg for now. I think 4th gen may be a generation where multiple groups lead.

• Didn't we had the same thread like yesterday?

This a thread that gets made every day lol.

But had to put my thoughts out there regardless.

• ultraaviolet

Changed the title of the thread from “Which girl group is the top girl group of 4th gen?” to “There is no top gg in the 4th gen so far”.
  • To me it feels like they are all close and you can't really tell for sure so maybe in a year or 2. Let's say it's still itzy since they still own the biggest hit on global platforms + cumulative, were consistent until "sneakers" and are already showing some touring power.

• To me it feels like they are all close and you can't really tell for sure so maybe in a year or 2. Let's say it's still itzy since they still own the biggest hit on global platforms + cumulative, were consistent until "sneakers" and are already showing some touring power.

Tbh well see in 2 years if a top group emerges imo. Rn if pretty even in terms of groups strengths being spread out.

I thought aespa would without a doubt be the top group but rn there stiff competition.

• there wont ever be if these companies keep releasing girlgroups every year lmao

it feels like lot of em will decline or stabilize in the long run since new ggs keep debuting stealing all the hype and taking part from the pie

Oversaturation eyy. But even then most ggs flop of they aren't from established comapnies.

• I would say I’ve but their group brand is not as popular yet.

It will be obvious in 2 years max

Yeah I've is still a rookie rn. While they are doing great more songs to cement their status. Tho having a it girl helps.

Aespa is strong too. And gidle.

• This a thread that gets made every day lol.

But had to put my thoughts out there regardless.

Imo, currently, it's IVE. They have the best stats by far among 4th gen internationally and their domestic charting is second to none rn, maybe G-Idle but IVE put out two consecutive huge hits. Sales are good too, close to Itzy's. If their August comeback smashes then they will cement their position as the top GG of 4th gen.

• Imo, currently, it's IVE. They have the best stats by far among 4th gen internationally and their domestic charting is second to none rn, maybe G-Idle but IVE put out two consecutive huge hits. Sales are good too, close to Itzy's. If their August comeback smashes then they will cement their position as the top GG of 4th gen.

But they still need to build a reliable fandom. G-Idle, Itzy, Aespa already have a stable ones. IVE had the attention from gp, but like above mentioned by others, once there are a new gg, the gp could shift their attention to them.

So.. yeah I hope that this August cb would helps them gaining more loyal fans :pepe-pray:

• But they still need to build a reliable fandom. G-Idle, Itzy, Aespa already have a stable ones. IVE had the attention from gp, but like above mentioned by others, once there are a new gg, the gp could shift their attention to them.

So.. yeah I hope that this August cb would helps them gaining more loyal fans :pepe-pray:

What makes y'all think they don't have a fandom? Where do those sales come from then?

• There's alot more GGs now compared to 2nd/3rd gen & more are debuting everyday

I mean jyp alone has 3 GGs active right now in Korea 💀

Hybe is debuting another GG & YG next year

I think people will have to settle with the fact that there will never be another BP(#1 in every metric domestically/Globally)

In a given year all those GGs can CB & each will walk away with a piece of the pie

Only BP can CB in a given year & do this :

Best selling album ✔️

Best performing album digitally Korea/Global ✔️

Most streamed Korea/Global ✔️

Most attended tour ✔️

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!