Netizens criticize BTS Jimin for his live singing skills after watching his ‘Like Crazy’ encore stage

• Netizens criticize BTS Jimin for his live singing skills after watching his ‘Like Crazy’ encore stage

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

1st place on M Countdown and Jimin’s ‘Like Crazy’ encore stage

1. He really can’t sing…

2. I thought BTS was a group that’s good at performing live.. Seeing him sing alone, he basically can’t sing, I don’t know what I’m listening to

3. Don’t grab other members’ hair. You guys are crazy.. Congratulations to Jimin on winning 1st place

4. Well, I didn’t know he couldn’t sing, how did he hide it until now?

5. Isn’t this too much?… Is he a singer?

6. Wow the comments here are scary

7. Is there anyone who doesn’t know J-Hope and Jungkook are the only members who sing live well in BTS?

8. Out of all the idol voices I’ve heard, he seems to have the worst voice

9. This is my first time seeing a singer who can’t sing like this, but it’s amazing that he released a solo song

10. His live is bad, isn’t he a vocal member of BTS?

11. The only members who are good at performing live of BTS are Jungkook and J-Hope

12. Maybe because I’m a fan, he looks so cute

13. He can dance well, but he can’t sing

14. What? I thought he was a member who could sing well

Original post (1)

Netizens criticize BTS Jimin for his live singing skills after watching his ‘Like Crazy’ encore stage – Pannkpop

• Idk why his vocals always make me laugh. Reminds me of

External Content youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Weren't you the same person who pretended you didn't even know Jimin had a comeback but was lurking in all his threads prior till it was released? Now you're watching Jimin content. Interesting. Let me see if Aespa has ever sung live at all. I usually ignore them but now I'm curious.

Idk why his vocals always make me laugh. Reminds me of

External Content youtube.com

And blinks when Jisoo performs live as well, I will give back the same energy.

• More content for exols to entertain themselves.

He needs better backing. He's a weak live singer, the encore always sets him up. I don't think even Jimin thinks he's that good of a singer. He's constantly talking about improving.

But Madonna, Taylor Swift are extra successful with barely there vocals (not saying the three are at the same level).

• Weren't you the same person who pretended you didn't even know Jimin had a comeback but was lurking in all his threads prior till it was released? Now you're watching Jimin content. Interesting. Let me see if Aespa has ever sung live at all. I usually ignore them but now I'm curious.

eh? his vocals aren't the main problem. It's the style he forces that he needs to tone down a bit.

• I'm surprised anyone is surprised tbh. BTS has always been known for having a remarkably weak vocal line and it's pretty well known their vocal coaching is either inconsistent or non-existent. Jimin in particular while not being the weakest has the most inconsistencies because of his method of singing.

Weak singer sings weakly. Big whoop

BLACKPINKJESSICALE SSERAFIMNEWJEANSTHE ROSESEJEONGTWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKA

259551f29b1b419b0910ccd1ffe7a59b3ca03dbb.gifv ee868cb541261094eb3c49077579820d9d2684ef.gifv 9179a574e42e68a00c37635d5151fe4ebba30003.gifv 9fbbfdae9fd592cc7858e29f534e290375563da9.gifv

• I had this same question when Twice got dragged: Aren't encore stages supposed to be fun and you're not really trying that hard? I've seen so many groups just having fun and singing like trash because they're not trying to put on a good performance, they're just goofing around and having a good time. It seems real selective who gets dragged for their encore stage and who doesn't.

• External Content open.spotify.com

:pepe-grooving:

• I'm surprised anyone is surprised tbh. BTS has always been known for having a remarkably weak vocal line and it's pretty well known their vocal coaching is either inconsistent or non-existent. Jimin in particular while not being the weakest has the most inconsistencies because of his method of singing.

I know. Jungkook is hyped because he has decent vocals. BTS'S backbone is the rapline, I don't think it's controversial to say. That's why primarily vocal groups stans get so bitter/frustrated when BTS shows weak vocals. I know SM HQ got dumbfounded at their success.

Still, as I mentioned above. Taylor Swift is about to have a blockbuster tour and she's always chasing the key.

• I feel bad for him cos you just know people are going to pile on and blow it totally out of proportion. I hope he can remain confident in himself and not be overly critical.

99% of the industry both in kpop and globally, cannot sing live, and he has sounded great in so many live performances, even in the ones he gave for that very show! Doesn't matter if the encore was rough, it happens. Not the end of the world.

He's about to potentially go number 1 for his album and top 5 for "Like Crazy" on Billboard!. What a superstar! I thought his solo would do amazingly well but even I'm shocked at the amount of love it's gotten. He really did so well with the songs, I hate set me free but I love the vision for it and the performances. Like Crazy is just a bop. Peak Weeknd vibes.

• :pepe-grooving:

the better song

• Certain someones once again showing they care more about BTS than their own faves.

Never beating the BTS second fandom allegations

Anyway, Jimin was nervous

We all know he can sing, has a beautiful voice and amazing stage presence.

He has 10 years worth of live performances that can show it

These attempts at dragging are lame

⟭⟬ ARTIST OF THE YEAR ⟭⟬

AWARDS-AMERICAN-MUSIC--97_1637613102609_1637613116956.JPG

• I know. Jungkook is hyped because he has decent vocals. BTS'S backbone is the rapline, I don't think it's controversial to say. That's why primarily vocal groups stans get so bitter/frustrated when BTS shows weak vocals. I know SM HQ got dumbfounded at their success.

Still, as I mentioned above. Taylor Swift is about to have a blockbuster tour and she's always chasing the key.

BTS's strength is in performance and dancing.

Taylor's is her artistry and performance.

There are plenty of factors that draw people into singers besides singing ability. Jimin's singing isn't bad enough to push people out, it's just not the main factor drawing people in

BLACKPINKJESSICALE SSERAFIMNEWJEANSTHE ROSESEJEONGTWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKA

259551f29b1b419b0910ccd1ffe7a59b3ca03dbb.gifv ee868cb541261094eb3c49077579820d9d2684ef.gifv 9179a574e42e68a00c37635d5151fe4ebba30003.gifv 9fbbfdae9fd592cc7858e29f534e290375563da9.gifv

This isn’t a tit for tat thing 😭. Aespa have sung live multiple times. The criticism comes from him being a senior idol, debuted 2013 along with being a lead vocalist in his group.

Jisoo is a sub vocalist. It’s like comparing Joy’s encore (a sub/quasi lead vocal) to OMG Yooa’s (lead vocal) - obviously there’s a difference in ability. Especially since Jimin gets a lot of lines it makes sense people are annoyed.

I had this same question when Twice got dragged: Aren't encore stages supposed to be fun and you're not really trying that hard? I've seen so many groups just having fun and singing like trash because they're not trying to put on a good performance, they're just goofing around and having a good time. It seems real selective who gets dragged for their encore stage and who doesn't.

Not really tbh. My favorite 2nd gen group was Girls Day, who came out with an awful live during their debut, and that basically crashed their popularity for years. Encores were certainly not as scrutinized today, but especially for girl groups they were considered a big deal. KARA got dragged like Twice do today for so many unfortunate live performances, especially since KARA collabed with a ton of top musical artists.

Ironically now KARA has some of the best lives in the business, I’d say standards have actually dropped in 3rd gen but 4th gen is seeing a positive uptick (especially with ggs, bgs still have some problems) with NMIXX and other groups.

Idol groups who were having fun during their encore stages were generally performing live at multiple festivals, so one messed up performance didn’t matter because they did so many lives otherwise. That’s why. Nowadays being an idol has more international recognition and less groups go the traditional festival route. Hence why encores matter more now because you don’t hear them live as much otherwise.

• Hey OP I wanted to tag you but I had forgotten your name. You were worried about Jungkook not being able to sell CK clothes. There was an article saying the opposite but you didn’t post it or reply to the post. Now I’m going to let you finish looking for any anti BTS post you find. It must be a tough job lol

Anyway we all (especially the sm stans and the blinks obsessed with BTS here) know Jimin is not a strong singer, I’m honestly surprised he at least tried.

• I'm just gonna drop this here

External Content www.youtube.com

Vocals king Park Jimin :pepe-grooving:

• That's why primarily vocal groups stans get so bitter/frustrated when BTS shows weak vocals.

That’s so funny when they are literally the ones who wasted all those beautiful technical singers like luna or ladies’ code into bankruptcy, thinking online hype is enough of support. Hypocrites

On topic: i thought he’s showing stage 3 strep throat kinda vocal in the video bc of the comments but it’s literally okay except the second verse because he’s playing around, just lacked belly support which is really important for him because he almost exclusively use his countertenor voice.

His voice is good live, i’m a living witness. Not a bunch of online anonymous people will tell me otherwise

that's rich coming from a blink

• Why is anyone surprised? Isn't it general knowledge that BTS have never been good at singing? HYBE is infamous for their heavy autotune in all their songs. BTS were originally a rap focused group and honestly should have stuck along those lines because that's what they excelled at.

• I know. Jungkook is hyped because he has decent vocals. BTS'S backbone is the rapline, I don't think it's controversial to say. That's why primarily vocal groups stans get so bitter/frustrated when BTS shows weak vocals. I know SM HQ got dumbfounded at their success.

Imma need you to STOP taking TS’s name over and over again. She’s an extremely consistent live singer. She does not sound out of tune, nor struggles. Comparing your favs to TS is not going to make them better or worse so let’s stop here.

• It‘s no surprise to see the usual vultures circling here.

Yep, he sounded off key and was nervous - and you can also obviously see him fiddling with his in ear, then taking it out completely. It clearly made him feel really uncomfortable that he couldn’t hear or pitch himself. Technical issues happen all the time to singers of all calibres.

But you guys keep trying to score points. Makes you all look like wonderful people.

• as a BTS fan (i've been an army for 7+ years now) it does pain me to admit that his singing in this encore stage wasn't ideal...i really hope its cause he was having some sort of complications...before i watched the stage i expected it to not be as bad as people were making it seem but alas it was...him being in the music industry and having so many idols and people look up to him talent wise i feel bad cause this was bad...it really does pain me to hear jimin not sing live as good as he used to, i wonder if its cause when he sings he tries to make his voice sound different cause maybe he's not that confident in his voice live as much as he used to...

• It‘s no surprise to see the usual vultures circling here.

Yep, he sounded off key and was nervous - and you can also obviously see him fiddling with his in ear, then taking it out completely. It clearly made him feel really uncomfortable that he couldn’t hear or pitch himself. Technical issues happen all the time to singers of all calibres.

But you guys keep trying to score points. Makes you all look like wonderful people.

You expect too much from these people on here. They will sit and cry about toxic twitter Armys in different threads on here daily who attack their faves "unprovoked" and then come and act like absolute hypocrites in this thread. Anyway, I am gonna observe silently.......

• Why isn't anyone surprised? Isn't it general knowledge that BTS have never been good at singing? HYBE is infamous for their heavy autotune in all their songs. BTS were originally a rap focused group and honestly should have stuck along those lines because that's what they excelled at.

People who say this have probably never heard a live performance in their life let alone a BTS one. Kpop has brainwashed most of you to think that a live performance has to be perfect to the point that you can't hear even one's breath, when in reality 90% of them lip-sync for most of their careers.

Was this the best Jimin's live performance? No, but he can sing. Most encores are bad because of the sound, they can't hear themselves properly, you can see Jimin touching his ear piece constantly throughout the video.

• This thread contains 228 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!