So what happened to all those people complaining about minors debuting in the industry?

• 13 years old.

BABY MONSTER's third member Chiquita from Thailand delivers impressive singing performance
    BABY MONSTER has revealed a new performance video of a member.Following the video of Ahyeon, YG Entertainment's anticipated new girl group has bee…
    www.allkpop.com

• ultraaviolet

• 13 years old?? Leeseo and Hyein could never!

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• the main issue wasn't the age per se but minors singing songs like cookies if we are talking about new jeans it was that the song that made all that controversy, not mention Min Heejin's questionable concepts

it's not double standards as people think

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• The main problem is that many people think that 15-20 year olds are the main demo for kpop, the people complaining about how young they are, I'm suspecting, are mainly people older then 18 (maybe people older then 15)

But in reality the main demo for kpop is 7-14 year olds and none of them are complaining about how young they are. They will just ask their mom/dad to buy the album/concert ticket lol or make reddit threads like that.

• if labor laws are followed, and kids are treated as kids , I don't see issue . If they work under right management not affecting their health and studies etc.

I stan njs for their good music only. I hope they are taken care of. Not overworked

• the hate against Hyeins age started as soon as we found out her age that was before cookie

Also YG groomed a 13 year old anf eventually married her way worse than having a questionable art

• Yeah I ain't stanning Baby Monster, nor am I really bothering with New Jeans either.

I might give their music a listen and add it to playlists if I like it (something which personally, NJ has failed to do so far).

But actual stanning? Purchasing albums, engaging in any content beyond Spotify streaming a song and maybe watching an MV once, watching dance practices, reality stuff, interviews etc? Nah, no sir.

Don't really need to see a bunch of kids goofing around. Definitely NOT going to concerts or dropping serious money.

If this is the future direction of kpop, unfortunately I guess I'm going to lose interest.

• the hate against Hyeins age started as soon as we found out her age that was before cookie

all the girls were minors not only Hyein I don't think you were following this since there was more to it and it wasn't questionable art only but her predatory behavior from Min heejin

I don't think the case is similar since the age wasn't not the issue but glamorizing it

• kpop stans are hypocrites

People already trying to find excuses :the main issue wasn't the age, age doesn't matter if you got this level of talent,when she debuts she’ll probably be 14 etc

I just hope girls(i think 6 members are minors) will get moral support bcs it's hard to debut at such young age

• Korea need a law where they make ilegal for any person under 17-18 to debut

What's the difference then with child actors?

External Content youtu.be

• What's the difference then with child actors?

Child actors have an actual need. There are characters that are children or young teens, and will of course need children or young teens to play them (or Peter Dinklage in heavy makeup). But, if the character is old enough, many studios will opt to use an adult actor to play the role of a teen instead, to avoid casting a child actor.

The music industry doesn't have that obvious need to have child/very young teen talent debuting. It's much more an active choice.

• Child actors have an actual need. There are characters that are children or young teens, and will of course need children or young teens to play them (or Peter Dinklage in heavy makeup). But, if the character is old enough, many studios will opt to use an adult actor to play the role of a teen instead, to avoid casting a child actor.

The music industry doesn't have that obvious need to have child/very young teen talent debuting. It's much more an active choice.

both are equally bad I heard some traumatic stories from Hollywood actors when they were young.

I personally think it's better when they debut a little older if it were for me I would make Chiquita debut in a few years but it is what it is. I hope she is taken care of and can handle this.

• both are wrong but the way y'all want to change the narrative when Min heejin is in the wrong I see people praising her when she glamorized p*dophelia and she is not apologetic about the whole controversy

I'm not defending min heejin. I just find it funny how a few months ago everyone was calling for a boycott of newjeans and bashing anyone who stanned or even thought of stanning them, calling them all kinds of names like pedobait and making up twisted stories saying they're being groomed. But now when we have another group with members the same age and younger, who is being led by a ceo that actually admitted to grooming, we're not seeing any of the same narratives or boycotts. There were threads about the topic for months when newjeans debuted and even now they're getting dragged into the convo with baemon stans saying "but newjeans" to defend the group ages as if newjeans weren't dragged in the exact same way. And now there are people blaming newjeans for the trend of minors debuting as if it hasn't been happening for years before they debuted. I just wish people would admit there was a double standard when it came to newjeans and their fans.

Like I really wouldn't care about this if people weren't trying to rewrite history and drag newjeans into their mess. Tokkis have had to go through shit, baemon stans need to fight their own battles and leave newjeans out of it.

🍭 iite cool🍭

dpr layouts Tumblr posts - Tumbip.com

• I'm not defending min heejin. I just find it funny how a few months ago everyone was calling for a boycott of newjeans and bashing anyone who stanned or even thought of stanning them, calling them all kinds of names like pedobait and making up twisted stories saying they're being groomed. But now when we have another group with members the same age and younger, who is being led by a ceo that actually admitted to grooming, we're not seeing any of the same narratives or boycotts. There were threads about the topic for months when newjeans debuted and even now they're getting dragged into the convo with baemon stans saying "but newjeans" to defend the group ages as if newjeans weren't dragged in the exact same way. And now there are people blaming newjeans for the trend of minors debuting as if it hasn't been happening for years before they debuted. I just wish people would admit there was a double standard when it came to newjeans and their fans.

again the Lyrics controversy was the main issue because of their age obviously. it wasn't an appropriate song to sing for minors. I don't understand how y'all even ignore it and try to make it as the situation is similar when it isn't. Many idols have debuted young like Minzy, krystal sulli, taemin were 14/15 when they debuted Boa w is another example it's not this was unheard of the fact y'all want to pretend glamorizing youth in the way she did wasn't problematic.

• I'm not defending min heejin. I just find it funny how a few months ago everyone was calling for a boycott of newjeans and bashing anyone who stanned or even thought of stanning them, calling them all kinds of names like pedobait and making up twisted stories saying they're being groomed. But now when we have another group with members the same age and younger, who is being led by a ceo that actually admitted to grooming, we're not seeing any of the same narratives or boycotts. There were threads about the topic for months when newjeans debuted and even now they're getting dragged into the convo with baemon stans saying "but newjeans" to defend the group ages as if newjeans weren't dragged in the exact same way. And now there are people blaming newjeans for the trend of minors debuting as if it hasn't been happening for years before they debuted. I just wish people would admit there was a double standard when it came to newjeans and their fans.

Like I really wouldn't care about this if people weren't trying to rewrite history and drag newjeans into their mess. Tokkis have had to go through shit, baemon stans need to fight their own battles and leave newjeans out of it.

y'all just be throwing shit at each other atp. It's an endless loop of shit throwing.

• External Content twitter.com

Hate hate hate hate hate...

Is it actually HATE being thrown at New Jeans and BM (and their managers, company etc) or is it valid criticism and questions and aversion to stanning children?

• Clock it. Newjeans fans here always making themselves the victim when it comes to this topic.

I assume their stans are too young to understand or are new to kpop and are unaware of why it's an issue, because if you're against minors debuting at 14, you're aware of why, right? Then you can apply the same logic to the stans who are also 14, right? I'm not taking shots at them, they also see themselves as adults.

• I still have concerns about idols getting locked into 7 year contracts that effectively control your entire existence and open you up to the psychological effects that come with stans at super young ages. Can we at least wait into 16 or 17? 13 seems so young to make that decision...

• The main problem is that many people think that 15-20 year olds are the main demo for kpop, the people complaining about how young they are, I'm suspecting, are mainly people older then 18 (maybe people older then 15)

But in reality the main demo for kpop is 7-14 year olds and none of them are complaining about how young they are. They will just ask their mom/dad to buy the album/concert ticket lol or make reddit threads like that.

Woah, is that true? I would've thought 12-17 is the target demo. I wonder what the actual fan breakdown looks like.

• I'm not going to be a fan of Baemon and Newjeans, I'm just going to see what kind of music they put out, and if there is a song I like, I sometimes add it to my playlist. I also heard that Newjeans' fans are mostly girls, so I'm not surprised overall, their voices are also a mix of rnb and retro, easy to listen to. I thought YG formed a vocal focused group based on their many vocal video releases. Because they are so talented, they sometimes gave opportunities in kpop at a young age. But I think it cost their early childhood years. I think kpop is pretty tough for a young age.

• This thread contains 59 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!