Minors shouldn't debut

• You can already imagine how hard it is mentally for them, to never get to be a normal teenager :( Most of them don't even get to complete their education

It sounds horrible to be sexualized, tired, and hated on all the time. No, it's not just the nasty fans' faults, it's also the fault of their companies. They were aware that these things would happen, but they chose to debut them anyway.

I know these things happen to adult kpop idols as well, but it's worse for younger ones, imo.

It shouldn't be allowed and normalized

• problem is, minors dont understand this stuff when they debut

teenagers are almost blindly ambitious and dont know how the world works

the regret hits in their late 20s

u r m o m g a y

1e1282e4806e9f6f1080ccc53055ea21c0a98974.gifv6cc52730ebd88d19753cac6a9c1436f129e99705.gifv

• I'm pretty sure most of them surf the internet and see the hurtful and weird shit people say about them

yeah but they dont realize it till they actually debut

when idols become idols they live in a world of fantasy

you see so many idol groups gradually lose interest in a few years

u r m o m g a y

1e1282e4806e9f6f1080ccc53055ea21c0a98974.gifv6cc52730ebd88d19753cac6a9c1436f129e99705.gifv

• problem is, minors dont understand this stuff when they debut

teenagers are almost blindly ambitious and dont know how the world works

the regret hits in their late 20s

not even late teens, nct dream members who just hit adult already talk about their regrets. on this episode of odg, haechan (who was 19 internationally) was talking about the sacrifices of following your dreams from a young age

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• idk at least it's probably better for idols who debut now that are minors, i think a lot of them come from rich families to they at least have that kind of support. some idols from 2nd gen groups didn't have that and only became idols to support themselves and their families ?(

i agree though, i don't think underage idols should debut at all. i think it's gross that once an idol hits like 22 or 23 all of a sudden they're elderly and should expect to retire soon. people acting like irene is an old lady just because she's 28 or 29 is absolutely insane to me

ɪ

cf2178e469192fe5d3974a86c101545f41e74afb.gifv

• not even late teens, nct dream members who just hit adult already talk about their regrets. on this episode of odg, haechan (who was 19 internationally) was talking about the sacrifices of following your dreams from a young age

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

yeah but whats your solution to this?

a realistic one?

"Shouldnt debut"

they want to debut and companies want them to debut

because it makes them money

because most fans of kpop fans are minors themselves and find them relatable

how are you gonna change the industry

as long as its legal, rich people will do anything to get richer

u r m o m g a y

• i wasn't saying that debuting minors was wrong, i was responding to your post about them regretting it in their late 20s, all im saying that even young adults are aware of what they had to sacrifice.

• It's their life let them choose what they want. Yes we know it's the company's call but I'm sure they want it too

You do have a point but if Taemin, Seohyun, Wonyoung, Krystal, Jisung, Sohee, Hyuna did it, I'm sure other

minors can manage :cursing: :cursing:

Hyuna had to do a very weird solo dance when she was in Wonder Girls and 13

Wonyoung danced to Ariana Grande's ''Side to Side'' on Produce 48 at age 14*?* (Which is about getting

Jisung always gets sexualized

Krystal was portrayed as sexy in f(x) and people always commented on her body

Does this seem normal to you?

No other minors should have to go through that

• I am agreeing with your original point but all I'm saying they know what they're doing :cursing:

:cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:
    ✴✴✴✴✴ KIM JISOO'S HUSBANDO ✴✴✴✴✴
    b7de288879b59732b5115a93d7f259edd464dd39.jpg2320df8ccb8a4af42b9e108fb34e3d8109964aae.jpg2a8fc619d348ef8f6380880604eb8bb8e97b8105.jpg

• The only problem with this, is where does this logic end? Because child actors often deal with the same trauma, but I mean, we need children in TV shows and Movies to be realistic. Should young muscians not be picked up in America?

In theory, yes i think stardom and limitless money at an early age can cause huge mental problems at times, but not everyone goes through that. And like my above argument, its just not practical.

• i wasn't saying that debuting minors was wrong, i was responding to your post about them regretting it in their late 20s, all im saying that even young adults are aware of what they had to sacrifice.

fair enough i was talking more to the OP

u r m o m g a y

• It's their life let them choose what they want. Yes we know it's the company's call but I'm sure they want it too

You do have a point but if Taemin, Seohyun, Wonyoung, Krystal, Jisung, Sohee, Hyuna did it, I'm sure other

minors can manage :cursing: :cursing:

I think hyuna has been pretty open about how hard it was on her to be an idol at a young age. At least it worked out for her, but it wasn't without a cost. Most idols won't have the success she's had, just the pain.

• Ehh sports, music… it’s nothing new for teens. Fame can be harmful but I think teens are capable of wanting and making their choice to do these things as well.

For me the difference is the contract. A teen gymnast can quit if she wants. I don't think kids younger than 18 (or at least 16) should be locked into 7 year contracts for a life that is this crazy and demanding. I think they legally should have an out for the first couple years where they won't suffer financial repercussions. Same with trainee debt. I don't think they should be on the hook for that either if they leave.

That would pbly dissuade a lot of companies from debuting children unless they are very good and they pbly would screen them better and give them more support to try to keep them.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!