The Strange Creature's Concert is imminent - was the KPop fans right about tolerating her?

• Kpop fans are like the would-be bride in the story I am going to tell below.

---

A woman belonging to a higher class goes to meet the family of her groom-to-be. He looks beautiful, his family looks reasonable, and it appears to be a perfect family.

However there is a room the family will NOT open at any circumstances.

She gets curious. She learned lockpicking for fun, and she gets her pin to open the lock while pretending to go to the bathroom, which is way smaller than what is in her mansion.

She opens the door, and a Strange Creature jumps out of it.

She, running like hell, asks what is the Strange Creature.

While most of the family are busy trying to put the Strange Creature back to her room, the family patriarch explains that the creature is actually the family's great-great-(a bunch of 'greats' omitted) - grandaunt who was born about 1,340 years ago and owns the house, and the family has to take care of her and if the upper class girl marries the beautiful son of the family, she has to take the Strange Creature with him because the Creature is part of the family. The patriarch continued and said the Creature likes to eat rib eye, raw cow's innards and sometimes some fish.

Most stories end with the girl running out of the house like , well, running from the Strange Creature, and never looks at her would-be groom or anyone in that family again.

However the i-fans, even after learning about the existence of the Creature who controls and significantly skews Korea's digital charts in her favor since she is owned by Kakao, which owns Melon, accepted Kpop and by doing so also kind of accepted the Creature as part of the Kpop culture, even though they don't actually listen to her songs which are not palatable for most ifans which is exacerbated by her insistence to write the lyrics herself in K-O-R-e-A-N.

People like Lim Youngwoong do stay in their own turf only and do not try to go outside of it. So, the trottists do exist, but are mostly outside of the ifans' attention. At most some older Asian fans might be interested upon trot but that's about it.

But the Creature often attacked Kpop acts at will, and battled it out with the biggest act of all, putting herself at #9 of the most awarded artists of the world last year, probably the first local singer who managed to accomplish the feat in the history of the world.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The way the fanchants are set up is 'left' and 'right', meaning it won't be a 360 degree concert like 2019 , meaning it will indeed be held in the Olympic Stadium , as I had feared for many months.

Events of the last few days (death of the ex-Japanese PM, still the most powerful person in there; the collapse of Sri Lanka; etc.) might have dwarfed what happened on Jun 15, but as far as the world's pop culture is considered what happened in June 15 is the most important news of the year, since it shook the base of Kpop , and the world pop culture, significantly.

In the recent years, excluding acts debuting before 2000, only JYJ (2nd Gen), Big Bang (2nd Gen, incl GDragon), EXO (3rd Gen), and BTS (3rd Gen) managed to have local concerts in Stadiums in Korea. And only EXO and BTS were two day events.

The way it is progressing, it seems the Creature will have the first two-day concert in a Stadium in the 2nd Gen, and the 3rd after 2015, putting her name before all of the 2nd Gen and in the same league with EXO and BTS.

All while YG did NOTHING to promote BlackPink, whose first week sales is now broken by aespa which becomes the first girl group to sell more than 1 million copies of albums at 1st week.

I now have to question the entire Kpop world - was it right for the ifans to support KPop, knowing there was someone who was hell bent upon destroying it while controlling the digitals which could have ended the whole show?

The whole illusion is about end in a couple of months when the Creature installs herself as the successor of BTS.

The moment I feared for so long is about to arrive, in my opinion.

taylor-swift-eras-tour-via-variance-films-.jpg

Edited once, last by WhyKnock ().

• However the i-fans, even after learning about the existence of the Creature who controls and significantly skews Korea's digital charts in her favor since she is owned by Kakao, which owns Melon, accepted Kpop and by doing so also kind of accepted the Creature as part of the Kpop culture, even though they don't actually listen to her songs which are not palatable for most ifans which is exacerbated by her insistence to write the lyrics herself in K-O-R-e-A-N.

The Strange Creature is in the top 10 of Kpop Spotify Streams worldwide.

So I-fans, have already fallen in love and married into, the Strange Creature, even with lyrics in Korean.

Successor to BTS, hah.. The Great Old One is nobody's successor and neither can BTS be succeeded.

By the way, do you have a Shrine built in your basement to the strange creature?

• one show so far

they booked just 18 september, but lets see if they add another one :sure-bee:

i hope a lot of idols go there including some EXO BTS SNSD members (Sooyoung, Suho, Jungkook and Suga)

S+ celebrities like Yoo Jae Suk, Lee Hyori

i love ur essays so i cant wait

a good story about the Strange Creature and her checkmate, the last fight of this war

• WhyKnock , the whole fan chant where the Great Old One is role playing a fan, she is totally off-key

Why don't you write another essay how IU disrespects her fans, by depicting them as unable to sing on key?

• How can we, a mere human, stopping the Great Old One itself??

Yes, which is also the frustration all the singers in KPop, a lot of them NOT KOREAN, feel.

They went to Korea with big dreams but they did not know , or didn't think too much about, dealing with a strange creature who wants to destroy KPop so badly over the last 13 years

• And it seems she often tops the youtube chart when she is in town, although nowdays LYW seems to dominate.

What happened is YG did not use BlackPink to fill the gap earlier and he is now moving BlackPink finally after a 2 year hiatus but the gap will not be filled, especially when aespa already beat BP's record.

Same situation in 2017 when EXO and BTS fought and made IU the premier singer for that year.

I don't have a physical shrine for her . Every post I write has 5 pictures of her so I build a virtual shrine every time I write a reply

• SNSD members are not strong enough to have a concert there.

YJS has too many schedules to prepare for such concert and if he has one it would have been prepared for a long time and announced in one of the shows he runs

Hyori was never that strong in concerts

I expected a final showdown between BTS and the Creature but that would not happen.

• BTS and BP - 7+4 typically occupy the first 12 ranks in most international rankings, with IU somewhere in the middle.

BP doing more comebacks is not going to change that much. So meh.

So are you going to be at Jamsil for both days. Like Kitkat you can do left side audience on Day 1 and right side audience on day 2.

Or maybe you can rally the audience and do a black ocean for her.

• WhyKnock , the whole fan chant where the Great Old One is role playing a fan, she is totally off-key

Why don't you write another essay how IU disrespects her fans, by depicting them as unable to sing on key?

It is an instruction for her fans to cheer her on the left side and right side, a reference people had been going to big concerts would have gotten .

In a stadium concert

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    (Rammstein)

the singer goes to one of the ends and the concert goers sit on left and right. Seats behind the back of the singer are usually NOT sold (although in BTS' case I think they were sold), and seats far from the artist is the cheapest.

So, when she says 'left' those on her left side would chant; and 'right ' those on her right side would do so. That's the reference the would be concert goers got.

She is basically role playing a fan in her upcoming concert in the stadium

• SNSD members are not strong enough to have a concert there.

YJS has too many schedules to prepare for such concert and if he has one it would have been prepared for a long time and announced in one of the shows he runs

Hyori was never that strong in concerts

I expected a final showdown between BTS and the Creature but that would not happen.

oh sorry for my bad english :shyr:

I'm talking about them going to IU's concert, as part of the audience :shyr:  

• BTS and BP - 7+4 typically occupy the first 12 ranks in most international rankings, with IU somewhere in the middle.

BP doing more comebacks is not going to change that much. So meh.

So are you going to be at Jamsil for both days. Like Kitkat you can do left side audience on Day 1 and right side audience on day 2.

Or maybe you can rally the audience and do a black ocean for her.

I am not in Korea so I am not going to go there but I will probably watch lots of clips from there on the streaming services.

• oh sorry for my bad english :shyr:

I'm talking about them going to IU's concert, as part of the audience :shyr:

Unlikely since if they are there they are kinda admitting defeat. I can't see JK in there since there had been a lot of rumors . I can see Sooyoung, who was there in one of IU's previous concerts, in there and probably actors from Broker (including possibly Kore-eda) if they have time.

• I know all that. It is obvious from the video.. but she intentionally was off-key..

• Unlikely since if they are there they are kinda admitting defeat. I can't see JK in there since there had been a lot of rumors . I can see Sooyoung, who was there in one of IU's previous concerts, in there and probably actors from Broker (including possibly Kore-eda) if they have time.

PeachZeze

High probability that Eight will be part of the set list, then good chances that Suga might turnup to perform live.

Schedules permitting, she can line up everyone from G-Dragon, Epik High, Suga, Jay Park, AKMU, Oh Hyuk, Dean, Zion T, Zico. Or invite any of the 4th gen to give a guest performance - IVE, STAYC.

Who would refuse?

And her audiences have always included a long list of stars from both idol and acting industry.

• Yes, which is also the frustration all the singers in KPop, a lot of them NOT KOREAN, feel.

They went to Korea with big dreams but they did not know , or didn't think too much about, dealing with a strange creature who wants to destroy KPop so badly over the last 13 years

oh noooo the kpop industry is doomed, because for once again the Strange Creature is gonna eclipsing all the acts, eating up the soty trophy and leaving them no gold to hold :pepe-sad:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!