I dont think having minors debuting is wrong per se

• I believe is unfair for somebody in their 14 or 15 spend a lot of their time working, but guess whatt, young people is already doing that, i remembers seeing a short documental about Koreans and the hours they spend studing and that was crazy. Is definity already a job for them, a very tough one. Also, the childs how study to be musicians or want to be singers, this is only a short cut. Another aspect against can be the amount of hate a idol receive, but i believe with a good support, and realizing the critic came mostly from losers this minors are going to be fine. About the sexualization, if companies dont do that then is fine. About the perverts in the fandoms, well, you should blame them, the society or whoever you want except the idols, is like x example, blame women for the abuse they suffer from men for the way they dress, or what places they go, etc, etc . I mean, you are not going to solve this forbidding minors in the industry, this is a issue that need different actions.
    To me this is like with child actors, if the conditions of work are good then everything is fine. So, i dont think minors in the industry is necesarily a wrong decision, what you think? :whatr:

• i guess with idols its how adults will react to them etc. that includes exploiting them. the issue isn't really with teens in the industry, but more so how they're being treated

• Unfortunately age is an important factor in kpop. Idols usually don't have long careers, especially women, so debuting young might help but teens need to be more protected (safer working hours, no sexualization etc) and companies should also give them time to study (cos it doesn't happen all the time) since being an idol isn't the safest career.

• I think it is. These kids are just children in mind and body and they should be allowed to remain that way. It robs them of a childhood to have to endure years of gruelling training and diet regimes (even if they want it) when they should be able to live like any normal teen. I think the age should be raised to at least 17 then they are closer to adulthood. Let kids be kids, I say.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!