[theqoo) Wonyoung and Leeseo receive heavy backlash for lip-syncing while sitting down...

• AVvXsEif64-_hvTvq_vdB35WOhVbZvoZr_ZBrHYwhvny77DByieQ4E23HN5XLzhc4H9OrGaINiZNVwmYUGab42zLfjWbKc6M192d47nzcbcVq8bf9HPEvBtCptw0iuLX9jhLFTbMAVf36CNW8rP5BQ-UNhCU__GtFQijzZJbiXKF2OGjQPPtjhoFje_ouez6=s16000

+1.1K: No butㅋㅋㅋ this is legendaryㅋㅋㅋ you're telling me that they are lip syncing while sitting?ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Seriously shocking in so many waysㅋㅋㅋ

+169: As someone who truly like IVE a lot, I'm super curious about what their company is thinking. I just can't get it. Because we're fans, we will like, cherish and love any side of IVE butㅠㅠ (...)

original post: here

1. I pity the idols who get hated because they get lumped with idols like them....ㅎ

2. Fans are claiming that they don't usually sing live because they are dancing so what is this?... they are not even dancers but singersㅎ

3. What in the world... there are so many singers who want to perform on stage so give those opportunities to those singers instead. Why even perform on such stage? This isn't some school art festival. They are pros but are sitting down lip syncing... this is seriously too much...

4. They already covered this song in the past no? Then they should've been able to sing this live just fine. Why resort to lip syncing?

5. I think that sitting down and lip syncing is just not it. It's not like they started with a "talented" image but this is still a bit...

6. If a singer can't sing, of course they'll get hate. They are even a Daesang winnerㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

7. If you can't sing, don't do this kind of performance...

8. F*ck, too funny. They are straight up "dolls" and nothing more

9. It's fascinating how they are just lip syncing while sitting down like it's nothing

10. They could've had Liz and Rei sing live instead

11. Is their job acting?

12. Sitting down and lip syncing is crossing the line

13. Seriously, why are they getting hate for this? ㅠ the company is the issue...

14. Don't they have a main vocal? Make the main vocal sing instead...

15. Aren't you guys.... singers?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• They're not singers though. They're idols.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I feel bad for them because I doubt they had much of a say in this. But I also understand why some fans are upset. It's uncomfortable to watch.

• Lol I said this would happen. Lip sync is so prevalent eventually idols are going to be syncing ballads.

The next step: lip sync for the production of songs. The idols don’t even need to be in the recording studio, the producers will use lines from previous songs and mash them up together to create a new song lol.

• Lol I said this would happen. Lip sync is so prevalent eventually idols are going to be syncing ballads.

The next step: lip sync for the production of songs. The idols don’t even need to be in the recording studio, the producers will use lines from previous songs and mash them up together to create a new song lol.

Other people come into the booth and record, then the idols do a lipsync of the booth recording for youtube and then lipsync the song from then on.

Now THIS is genius

'*•.¸♡ NewJeans ♡¸.•*'

all this time. . . .。・:*˚:✧。

Ever heard of Milli Vanilli? They actually did lip sink in the recording studio. Can't wait for people saying Milli Vanilli paved the way.

• Ever heard of Milli Vanilli? They actually did lip sink in the recording studio. Can't wait for people saying Milli Vanilli paved the way.

Milli Vanilli paved the way!

• I'll preface by saying that the constant hate this girl and group seems to be getting for the most minor things is dumb and im sure they have little to do with the decisions on whetever to actually sing live or not, and its nothing unique to IVE as an idol group.

--

It feels like they had to come up with something to perform in a hurry, and just took the recording from them singing this earlier this year when the whole group did a cover of the song, and they sat down without any rehearsal and told to mime to what was coming through in their in-ears.

At least with dances and headset mics (usually a dead giveaway its not live, headset quality is terrible), theres always the excuse thats it hard to sing live. But here they are sitting still and they look like lifeless dolls doing it, where as when IU performs it, basically every note is visible in her face/body.

It makes it too obvious whats going on, compared to most other idols that performed on the same show who also lipsynced ( from what i can see quickly looking over the videos from the same show most idols (except mamamoo and the boys?) lipsynced or relied so much on AR it basically makes no difference), but going by the comments, its believable enough that many actually think they are singing live.

Other artists like lee mujin, 10cm, big naughty, forestella etc who performed on the same show did sing live, so its not a program decision that everyone have to use AR either.

Edited once, last by Kreatin ().

• i did mean this is pre recording...stage and has 3 schedules

They sing sing live same day here

Yet no international kpop media translated pann comment when that was trending in korea...

• Ive was in japan no korea

this is pre recording stage with other stage pre recording tho...

Many kpop idols did that...tho

I have found that...

Idk im surprised lesserafim didn't sing well in live in festival university even this is ballad song ...(i guess there is big backtrack since the fans dont notice they sound different ..they did struggle much even yunjin and chaewon)

Im sure liz is more stable than both them now...

Ive is okay vocalist no top...

• To be clear, I was only commenting on this perfomance of strawberry moon. I dont know much about IVE to comment on anything else, but yess, the clip you linked from mbcentertainment is clearly live and good for them. It is as you say, what gets translated and spread around is almost always the negative stuff, its what gets the clicks.

• To be clear, I was only commenting on this perfomance of strawberry moon. I dont know much about IVE to comment on anything else, but yess, the clip you linked from mbcentertainment is clearly live and good for them. It is as you say, what gets translated and spread around is almost always the negative stuff, its what gets the clicks.

Pannchoa and allkpop hate ive...also i know they will always promoted hybe groups lol..

• It feels like they had to come up with something to perform in a hurry, and just took the recording from them singing this earlier this year when the whole group did a cover of the song, and they sat down without any rehearsal and told to mime to what was coming through in their in-ears.

What in-ears?

• They could and probably did have floor monitors so they could hear the music. Otherwise they would have been WAY off from the music if they only had outward projecting speakers.

• I recall a second gen idol getting dragged for having a lipsync fail while sitting down for a ballad, not gonna drop the name and get people mad lol but this isn't new. Dumb move on the company's part to make it this obvious but I don't think the girls should be dragged for it.

Agree. While looking at the facial expressions of the girls just before they started, I see some. "Oh crap" looks underneath their smiles. I'm sure they were worried.

• i don't really care about the lip sync part

i'm more curious to know who in their agency thought ,

" ok so 2 members will do a cover of an iu song, a singer know for her very pretty voice, but i decided that we'll no let the main vocal and lead vocal do their job as vocalist, lets just send the 2 subvocalist"

Because they only care about Wonyoung and exploting her popularity, she isn't even even a good vocalist like Wonyoung is an amazing center she is gorgeous and her facial expression are good so she is talented in her main job but as a vocalist she is very subpar but starship don't care and fans don't care they just care about how pretty she is

• Because they only care about Wonyoung and exploting her popularity, she isn't even even a good vocalist like Wonyoung is an amazing center she is gorgeous and her facial expression are good so she is talented in her main job but as a vocalist she is very subpar but starship don't care and fans don't care they just care about how pretty she is

nothing against wonyoung, i can understand why she's here, they are a broadcasting channel and need to do audience by showing popular member

but why Leeseo and not Liz or Yujin ?

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from Chill Kill #aespa from Chill Kill

• This thread contains 23 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!