does Aespa have chance to re-enter the current TOP 3 GG

• you are referring only to the 4th generation right? cos there's a couple groups I'd put above them

unless one is only referring to K-charting wise and disregarding albums sold or I-charts

• The top 4th Gen GG's and their placements is far from settled yet imho. Like in Aespa's case they probably still have the largest worldwide fan base atm. I don't feel like Korea GP has lost interest in them either since Karina/Winter still continue to be hot topics. Basically if their next song is good enough it will probably be a hit in Korea and then people will be all arguing if Aespa, IVE, or New Jeans is the #1 4th Gen GG lol.

(edit: I'm assuming we're talking about 4th Gen only right? Because BP and Twice are still alive and kicking worldwide)

• If SM magically starts getting their shit together and start promoting them effectively & start giving them good/catchy songs, then why not? Illusion has been holding up well and is above hits like Sneakers, POP, etc on Gaon rn which shows that the interest is still there but SM simply chose the wrong song to make a title track & didn't promote it enough.

Their sales are more than fine & there's nothing you can really do about their international charting since SM groups don't typically do well in that area.

• It’s strange to me that last year we had a completely different mix at the top, shouting about the end of this group or that group, and now we have a completely different mix shouting about the end of this group or that group. Surely next year will be exactly the same, particularly since the metrics are still all over the place. Some groups are dominating in sales rn and some are dominating on the charts. And that’s even before you get into the constantly changing position/ranking changes throughout this year.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

;judgingpepe:

And that’s not even talking about international vs Korean differences.

Top 10 most streamed groups Spotify Global 2022:

1. BTS
    2. BLACKPINK
    3. TWICE
    4. Stray Kids
    5. SEVENTEEN
    6. Tomorrow X Together
    7. ENHYPEN
    8. ITZY
    9. Red Velvet
    10. (G)I-DLE

GIDLE seems to be the only one hitting all the metrics.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

Edited once, last by the101 ().

• But when you consider Spotify lists like that you have to consider the fact that certain groups have bigger discographies which equates to being more streamed. GIDLE & ITZY are top10 but in no way are they bigger than IVE for example right now when comparing the streams of their respective comebacks this year.

• If SM magically starts getting their shit together and start promoting them effectively & start giving them good/catchy songs, then why not? Illusion has been holding up well and is above hits like Sneakers, POP, etc on Gaon rn which shows that the interest is still there but SM simply chose the wrong song to make a title track & didn't promote it enough.

Anything is possible. I truly agree with this statement.

Once again (wrote this a couple times), SME already has all the right production resources to ensure their songs are more "on point"..I know this from both intuitive and rationale viewpoints, Aespa's team just hasn't been using those resources effectively.

• All I know is gidle is not top 3. Their album sales are too low for me. Newjeans have just started and are not part of top 3 again because of album sales. Why change the criterias that always been accepted? I really don't think aespa left just because they didn't do well once. Also seeing that illusion is a sleeper hit and girls has become that song which fans are warming upto after disliking because the production of the song is indeed great and the vocals exquisite.

• It’s a lot more harder for someone like Gidle to get sales than it is for a GG to get a hit. Gidle, IVE and NJ had one good year who knows if public will keep giving them hits. But sales will always go up.

So the real question is someone like Gidle or IVE going to become 2nd tier again if they can’t get those hits.

I think the HYBE girlies should be fine they’ll get them hits and sales like Aespa too.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!