Your favorite kpop subunit?

• I love when kpop groups change things up with subunits. It's a great way to show a different side of them, explore new genres, or give certain members time to real stretch their wings and shine. Do you have a fave subunit?

Mine is EXO CBX consisting of Chen, Baekhyun, and Xiumin. I really love how they leaned into both vocal-oriented, emotional ballads and upbeat, fun bops. They killed everything - vocals, dance, and performance. Here are my two fave songs from them.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I hope they come back soon.

• I would say SUPER JUNIOR D&E just cause they release bop music

External Content www.youtube.com

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• My beloved KRY. :teddy-pepe:

And resident BOP makers D&E.

A masterpiece.

• I love this question!, its kinda hard to choose just one if I'm honest, but for me:

EXO SC.

(Former) Triple H.

T2U BlockB Sun Unit. (BlockB's Taeil & U Kwon).

Off Team (ONF Sub Unit).

• 2YOON!!!!!!!! (4minute)

bravely delivered us kpop country music and has been unmatched ever since
    but seriously, title track aside (THO I LOVE IT!!) the b-sides are AMAZING

jenyer & gayoon's voices mend so beautiful together, to of my favorite lady vocalist, the power and emotion they hold :pepe-sad::pepe-sad::pepe-sad:

External Content open.spotify.com

they will ALWAYS be my favorite duo and was blessed when jenyer dropped this song ft gayoon last year

my prays for years had finally been answered :pepe-sad::pepe-puddle::pepe-comfy:

I LOVE THEM HELLO?!

imagewe are the two as oneimage
    tumblr_87c871885fc1b1ac179f7fad3f66c807_97657e41_540_5.gif

• My beloved KRY. :teddy-pepe:

And resident BOP makers D&E.

The vocals!

:pepe-sad:

• SC is one of my faves too. :) I think they're underrated.

• I wasn't aware there was any country influenced kpop!

I sampled the bsides. They were nice :)

• I won't count NCT 127, NCT Dream, or WayV.

GOT7 -> Jus2 (Jaebeom & Yugyeom) - their voices and musical style mesh so well together. they really dropped one of the best subunit albums and then left us hanging.

Super Junior -> Super Junior D&E - you can really tell how well they work together and tbh their discography is stronger than SJ's

Astro -> Astro Moonbin&Sanha - I love that their unit has allowed them to show off musical styles and concepts that don't sit in Astro's lane.

Astro -> Astro Jinjin&Rocky - as soon as their unit was announced I knew it was going to be so much fun they get to be even more playful and silly and we get Rocky vocals!

• NCT 127.

Ok and WayV.

Ok and NCT Dream.

:pepe-popcorn:

In more traditional sub units. I really liked the fun funky style of EXO-CBX. MissBehave already mentioned the sublime Blooming Day, but I figured I’d add a few bsides I love.

I also agree with Quarkie that I like the more mature r&b style of the Moonbin & Sanha sub-unit. Quarkie’s flagged Bad Idea but both of their minis are so strong.

And finally, I’m not interested in SNSD’s music but I did really like the music from the TTS sub unit, which had more of that brash and brassy late 90s early 00s r&b feel.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• Orange Caramel is my fave kpop subunit ever. I feel gulity for even liking them musically more than the parent group of After School(which was the incredibly cool Pledis girl group that was doomed mainly mangement wise)

They did more than just pop perfection, this song captures a dreamlike sad quality very well. Sounds like something more from IU's early period with the fantastical orchestra.

• and

"We're always with InSomnia, we can spend more time, beyond limits together!"

• EXO-CBX units. All three members, Chen, Baekhyun, and Xiumin, are primarily singers in EXO, meaning that the vocals are on point across their releases.

Yes! Another Cbx fan! We love to see it. <3 and yes, their vocals are amazing. I especially love them in this

Also, welcome newbie :)

• Sistar 19

• I'm old so Orange Caramel is still my favorite lol

I am with you! They released nothing but bops.

I like WJSN Chocome too for giving off similar OC vibes.

let's be friends

e9b8a6c6366aecb3faf71dcc6b4488775b109abb.gif

• Orange Caramel is my fave kpop subunit ever. I feel gulity for even liking them musically more than the parent group of After School(which was the incredibly cool Pledis girl group that was doomed mainly mangement wise)

I'm the same. I liked AS well enough, but they tried a lot of different things that they were always a bit hit or miss for me. OC had a very consistent direction and vision. Even their softer songs were still thematically on point.

let's be friends

e9b8a6c6366aecb3faf71dcc6b4488775b109abb.gif

• Guess which? Naurr, kidding.

Chobom slayed with only three songs:

External Content open.spotify.com

and here's the best GG MV of 2022 besides Dilemma:

• This thread contains one more post that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!