RE: Could YG lose the spot in Big3 and another one takes over it's place?

Could YG fall down as one of the big 3 and become a mid-tier company? And who can take it's place?

that already happened to one company in the past

DSP was once a powerful label who had groups like SoBangCha, Sechskies, Fin K.L., KARA

there is really great article written by Teudungi21

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• There was bit of hope with treasure but after the many departures it's not looking good at all for yg. If they lose blackpink, they are definetely heading in that direction. a mid tier company. There are still so many things to consider. With globalisation of kpop, its going to take another decade of failed groups for that to happen.

• I immediately thought of DSP Media as the "lost big 4" company. Companies that are overly dependent on a single group's popularity and never learn to grow end up trying to chase a past that glory that they'll never achieve. DR Music is a great example of this with Baby VOX as well. The thing that is more irritating about YG is that they seem to do everything they can to extend the release schedule. I'm assuming it's to create better songs but that hasn't really been the case. SM Entertainment was notorious for their box style music videos (at least in the 2nd gen they were) and rewriting and recording Western demos for release. That system catapulted numerous groups into the spotlight meanwhile YG seems to have a big superior-style reward system. Their biggest money earners and elders get all the attention meanwhile their smaller groups and soloists have to fight for the table scraps which are still big but only because of the size of the company. If I were an aspiring idol wanting to get into the big three (which I wouldn't like to be at a big 3 company) I would rather be at SM or JYP where I know I would at least have a chance to get promoted and be treated as an equal.

tumblr_orv24i3K1Q1ssnf1qo4_400.gifvtumblr_osguhaDV7t1sk2kqwo2_400.gifvtumblr_orv24i3K1Q1ssnf1qo1_400.gifv

t-αrα | kαrα | wσnhσ | mírαє | dríppín | ívє | crαvítч | thє вσчz | вαє173 | trєndz | ítzч | чσunítє | wєí | nínє.í | shínєє | dkz

• Bookmarked.

I'll come back later and help you guys out when I get time.

YG Family

1080x360

*Disclaimer I don't read responses to my posts unless I've replied to you before. If that offends you BLOCK ME. It's not my job to police your feelings.

• BP already re signed for their first contract renewal, if yg keeps being a spoiled brat during the next 3 years, then its over. All of their bgs are flops and won't take off, the only succesful one is dead and the next gg is doomed as fuck since their sunbaes are the biggest gg ever and they will NEVER reach 1/4 of their level.

• I'm sorry for every people liking JYP :peperun:

More seriously I think that among the companies of the BIG4 JYP is the one that is most in danger because they are in a crisis of creativity and they can't get out of it. They miss this producer who gives a clear artistic direction to their group unlike YG or SM

JYP is actually in the best shape.JYP did not go aggressive and kept things within his reach, and now he has SKZ, which is now the best selling active group in KPop, 3 GGs and Niziu which is doing well in JPN

• BP already re signed for their first contract renewal, if yg keeps being a spoiled brat during the next 3 years, then its over. All of their bgs are flops and won't take off, the only succesful one is dead and the next gg is doomed as fuck since their sunbaes are the biggest gg ever and they will NEVER reach 1/4 of their level.

If I remember right Blackjacks were saying the exact same thing right before BP debuted lol. Who knows what'll happen. Anyways, YG has a stronghold in SE Asia at the very least. Their new GG will have a ton of support at least from there so there's no way they're gonna flop unless they get absolute F tier music but even then they'll still probably do decently.

• yg IS midtier, they are surviving bc of bp

they rise from the ground, eating grass and living with the roaches (bp words)

that's other reason why yg don't buy awards for bp

all the have is true hard work and organic success

:pathead-2:

• JYP is actually in the best shape.JYP did not go aggressive and kept things within his reach, and now he has SKZ, which is now the best selling active group in KPop, 3 GGs and Niziu which is doing well in JPN

Their group does good now, but we can't predict what will happen in the future for them, there is so much competition anything can happen. YG seems more dependent on its main group than JYP if we look at the groups of each company right now, but YG still has the ingredients that made them successful with very high budget and spectacular MVs, a clear artistic direction and senior producers in the industry like Teddy. JYP them have none of that, their artistic direction is a mess, they can't maintain consistency, I think it can cost them dearly in the long run.

• If I remember right Blackjacks were saying the exact same thing right before BP debuted lol. Who knows what'll happen. Anyways, YG has a stronghold in SE Asia at the very least. Their new GG will have a ton of support at least from there so there's no way they're gonna flop unless they get absolute F tier music but even then they'll still probably do decently.

bp is not 2ne1 and 2ne1 was far behind many ggs in their own era, thats not bp case, they are top1 gg, biggest selling, biggest tour, all successful solos, all brand ambassadors etc, that was not 2ne1 AT ALL

many gg have debut from the big4, many chart well in korea like bp but thats not what catapulted bp to success and what keep them steady until now

yg cant make successful groups as they please, they just happen as they have many groups that underperform after a few years

• Actually, I'm just going to create my own thread. I have well-researched numbers and info that comes from just years of following YG and industry business information.

Also I'm tired of re-explaining to new Kpop fans false narratives they have of YG and Kpop in general.

So it shouldn't be buried in this thread and easy to find.

I'll post it later and I'll link it here for anyone who has questions.

YG Family

1080x360

*Disclaimer I don't read responses to my posts unless I've replied to you before. If that offends you BLOCK ME. It's not my job to police your feelings.

• They are already the least valued company out of the Big 4. Blackpink is estimated to contribute 61% of their record sales this year, and Treasure's sales are flopping which shows the decline in their fandom growth. Next year, Blackpink will contribute half of their revenue which is always a bad thing in the company.

Meanwhile, JYP is showing a big growth due to Stray Kids' huge fandom growth and they have multiple groups like Twice, Stray Kids and Itzy who can tour to offset the earnings. JYP is actually trailing a little behind YG (only like 36B won difference) in earnings this year. Next year, they might even surpass YG in revenue, and JYP has always been more profitable than YG & SM. YG has more advantage in advertisements/cfs tho than JYP.

• Hyunsuk of treasure is so proud of being a YG artist. In their last concert, he said loudly “I am YG, we are YG, we are treasure.”

So whatever outsider said about the company, as long as the artis itself is being proud and comfortable in the company, we don’t care whether YG is out of big3 or not. However, YG is far from the downfall like everyone wishes here.

• is the music business the only profitable unit they have? I don't think so

There's a reason why they are doing a distribution deal with hybe + whatever was that random shoutout to binance ceo and crypto

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Keep in mind:

they lost PSY and were fine.

they had a huge scandal which seriously hurt Big Bang and are now fine.

YG distributes for Hybe, among many other business ventures outside of acting as a kpop label, so even if their kpop business weakens they will be fine.

The Five Horsemen Of The Apocalypse
    BP2.jpg Very-Very-Very-Smaller.gif BP1.jpg

• You know what makes this conversation interesting, YGE themselves can't even make the second Bigbang in term of success, how some of you really confident that they able to create the second Blackpink? And to second that, seeing how blinks treat Treasure, I just wanna say, poor Baemon in advance.

• This thread contains 10 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!