IS IVE and Starship Need to Learn Stage present?

• IVE joined several university festivals in After Like promotion, and one thing sure their song save those stages. its don't fill like a festival performance they don't interact audience when they performed music. another thing is their dress also not favorable or allow festival performance. starship you need to know where your artist goes for performances and make a dress for that event.

• I dont think they are worse than most other 4th Gen groups especially the other new ones.

only if you compair them to veterans like Psy they seem bland to me.

I don't compare I just stayed they need to learn that Music shows, Award Show and concerts, and festival stages are different. you need a different approach and performance strategy for those.

• what more interaction do they need when the audience is already singing the whole song with them?

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I am not talking about fan chat.

• I just say that does not give the concert feeling, they can dance performed 2 songs and 2 songs just sing with fans.

Why do you need to have 2 songs to just sing with fans, when the fans sing the entire song for the dance songs?

:twerkingpepe::twerkingpepe:

Like why do they need to purposely have a song where they "GUYS LET ME HEAR YOU SING I CANT HEAR YOU LOUDER" and jump jump on the stage and point the mic to the audience, just to "prove stage present"?

Seems like you have a very 1 sided view of what stage presence is and that is not dancing and WOOHOOO YAYYY-ing on stage

• what more interaction do they need when the audience is already singing the whole song with them?

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com

if you see this video when they sing love dive at 5 minute they don't dance just sing it happen by accident because they plan to perform this at last

• Why do you need to have 2 songs to just sing with fans, when the fans sing the entire song for the dance songs?

:twerkingpepe::twerkingpepe:

Like why do they need to purposely have a song where they "GUYS LET ME HEAR YOU SING I CANT HEAR YOU LOUDER" and jump jump on the stage and point the mic to the audience, just to "prove stage present"?

what I want that's not important and I say that 2 songs are just as an example and don't remember the last university festival name but they didn't use the full or font stage only one-time Gaeul go there.

that's the main point of OP.

OP feels IVE had little to no effort on the stage, and solely depend on the audience and their viral song.
    OP subtly mocking IVE and starship

• External Content www.youtube.com

if you see this video when they sing love dive at 5 minute they don't dance just sing it happen by accident because they plan to perform this at last

Wonyoung's sex appeal and charm is crazy it goes over the camera

• Well, I can understand what OP meant if you'll see NewJean performing like this at festivals

• I'm confused like there isn't stage presence because they didn't use the walkway part of the stage

:thinkerpepe::thinkerpepe:

Yeah but it's a dumb point. Why would you need to hype up the crowd and increase engagement when the crowd is already hyped and engaged?

well, maybe OP will acknowledge their "stage present" if OP see Wonyoung do a 720 degree backflip? or Yujin jumping to the crowd?

• I not sure what more you want from them tbh, you gave us examples sure and I still don't see it.

I know you made the thread about IVE but do you have another group to conspire what you see as having good engagement and stage presence?

Because the event you linked looks fine for me (and from the sounds of it everyone else in this thread) so I just want to understand what aspect are you not feeling.

Stage Presence?

Filling the stage? not using all of the stage?

The crowd not "popping" enough? not giving crowd interactions or enough of them?

Breaking from the choreo to make the event more personal?

I just wanna understand that's all.

"We're always with InSomnia, we can spend more time, beyond limits together!"

• Ive was definitely the weakest of the 4th gen trio that went, but I mean if your question is "do they have to" then no, they don't. Plenty of kpop groups are extremely successful with mediocre skills or stage presence. As ever, what you need is catchy music and visuals. Everything else is just a bonus.

• Dunno what you mean Liz alone ATE everyone and their moms here in terms of stage presence. Made the crowd scream 0:50

External Content twitter.com

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• Well, I can understand what OP meant if you'll see NewJean performing like this at festivals

ok but when the chanting at the beginning of attention ended and the music started it gave me chills when hanni was in the centre and executed that dance move so sharp urgh she’s so good :pepe-life-support:

• not every song and concept leaves space for interaction with audience

I've concepts specifically love dive falls into that category

• I feel people are being a bit harsh on OP. None of their replies in this thread have been rude and it seems their genuinely trying to make themselves understood.

I don’t think Ive’s performance is worse than other rookie kpop groups. They focus on the choreography and don’t interact much with the audience. It’s not fatal to their popularity in any way but if they want to become top performers and give amazing festival and concert stages it’s a skill they’ll have to learn.

• well, I mean when IVE can't be dragged down by 'live singing' again, seem like people using other things that they can find.

even though Idk if OP knows what stage presence is?

IVE has a crazy amount of GP popularity and chart staying power that normally isn't seen in groups this early in their career.

I guess fans of some other groups are just jealous.

╬ Life Has Meaning ╬

• To me this sounds really mean towards women. But most fans are even women themself. So why do they seem to encourage this behavior even more than the men?

It's hard i know but it's true.

If you take the most popular GG, Blackpink, Twice and the most popular right now Newjeans, IVE it is certainly not the talent that is the factor of their popularity. Any of them have good singers but all of them have beautiful girls. Visual matter more for female idols than anything else.

• Love Dive and After Like are not the type of songs that have fast bpm to be hyped about or needs you to jump around while singing or belt several high notes like most kpop songs in general. . They are fantastic songs with lower ceiling on how the performance could improve the songs if you get what I mean....

Lies

They should go like

NARCISSISTIC MY GOD I LOVE IT SEOROREUL BICHUN BAM

BAM

BAM

BAM

BAM

JUMP

JUMP

JUMP

JUMP

PUT YOUR FKING HANDS IN THE AIR AND LET ME HEAR YOU GO

SUM CHAMKKO LOVE DIVE

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

LALALALALALALALALALA YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH

JUMP

JUMP

JUMP

JUMP

Rookie stageless present girls better learn

• From the performances I've seen of them, they certainly aren't bad. Could they improve? Sure I suppose. They are a young group though and will improve with time.

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

• Proceed to throw random aegyo, narcistic my god I love it lmao

Fe8TZRpaMAIFav2?format=jpg&name=large

ThinkAbouTzu, Tuwuice:pleading::pleading::pleading:

• This thread contains 2 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!