i cant see myself stanning kpop idol anymore

• after so much happen for the past few days .. with my fav Yeonwoo rumored to be bullied by my ult group Momoland .. the whole Soojin and APRIL thing ... how Naeun and Soojin career turn upside down in just one day and not to forget AOA scandal last year (i was a Jimin stan) .. i dont think i can stan kpop idol anymore . U know the moment when u invest so much feeling to ur idol only for thing to become like this.

I love Naeun so much and i know she work so hard to reach this level of success so the moment i saw she lost all her cf deals just make me hurt but knowing that Hyunjoo also suffered by APRIL honestly make me feel so...speechless ?? And also Soojin especially when GIDLE just hit it big . I just hope that the Momoland issues didnt turn out to be as big as APRIL's and Soojin's.

I dont even know how to describe what i feel right now . From now on , i will not stanning anyone from KPOP industry anymore (but i will not unstan my current fav like BP and GF). Because we will never know how it will turn out to be in the future

• meh, i'm just gonna continue loving my faves. Even if my bias is involved in a scandal i can't imagine falling out of love with him. But you do you. Sad tho. I think you should continue stanning ur fave, bp for example

• Official Post

Hm, I don't think this is really necessary? I understand the pain you're feeling, you're probably pretty disappointed. But a few scandals shouldn't stop you from enjoy KPOP for what it is, a music genre.

All in all, let this be a learning lesson for you. Just don't put 100% of your trust into celebrities. Every idol is putting some sort of act, and most of the time, their on-stage personality is very different from their off-stage personality.

• This is why a healthy emotional distance is always required. Being an idol is a job, most idols modify their personality on camera. I stan idols, but if they mess up bad I can move on to greater things. It should never be this deep.

Exactly. I'd be cautious but I can't stop stanning idols...

:nervousk:

Anyways she is the reason why I stanned Twice as a whole basically

550 Twice . ideas | twice, nayeon, kpop girls

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• Hm, I don't think this is really necessary? I understand the pain you're feeling, you're probably pretty disappointed. But a few scandals shouldn't stop you from enjoy KPOP for what it is, a music genre.

All in all, let this be a learning lesson for you. Just don't put 100% of your trust into celebrities. Every idol is putting some sort of act, and most of the time, their on-stage personality is very different from their off-stage personality.

i agree with this^^

• Stan the artist/music and the visuals, never the person.

Exactly.

Honestly, you cant live your life in fear. Just cause something "could" happen (your fave being revealed as a bully) shouldnt prevent you from being happy, if you're happy stanning your faves just keep doing it until they actually turn out to be assholes in real life.

• It's really not your fault that you happen to like their music and their onscreen personality. Plus it's also important to see them as humans and humans make mistakes. We as fans can only hope they learn and grow from this. Seperate the artists from the art, and you can still enjoy their music.

• I’m the same. After being a fan for nearly ten years, it’s time to hang up the hat and get out of K pop. It’s lost its zest for me. I’m only a second gen stan, none of the new groups do it for me I’m also in my 50’s and want to move on to more healthier pursuits for someone my age.

• I’m the same. After being a fan for nearly ten years, it’s time to hang up the hat and get out of K pop. It’s lost its zest for me. I’m only a second gen stan, none of the new groups do it for me I’m also in my 50’s and want to move on to more healthier pursuits for someone my age.

hey music is for all ages

• Exactly.

Honestly, you cant live your life in fear. Just cause something "could" happen (your fave being revealed as a bully) shouldnt prevent you from being happy, if you're happy stanning your faves just keep doing it until they actually turn out to be assholes in real life.

:yesr::yesr:

Edit: I was agreeing with jdpm12021991 post. Not sure why I quote BPH instead but yeah I agree with both users

• I get what are u feeling. But remember that idol is human like us. They are not angel. They make mistake, they have feeling, they are moody sometimes. Ppl should not judge idol just bcoz of few mistake they made. Its a shame that korean and international fan put idol at pedestal lvl and expect idol to be perfect while they are not and they are human being just like us that have feeling. I will not stop supporting them even if they make mistakes because i know they are just like us. They are not angel.

• meh, i'm just gonna continue loving my faves. Even if my bias is involved in a scandal i can't imagine falling out of love with him. But you do you. Sad tho. I think you should continue stanning ur fave, bp for example

you'll grow out of this phase eventually and realise how scarily obsessed you are.

• I never understand how people can be obsessed on idols to such extent as OP. Like me, I used to find several idols perfect in so many ways (pretty/ handsome, talented, seems nice personalities), but after months of research about them, like watching their stages, behind scenes, interviews, variety shows, I always found them superficial, narrow-minded, and sometimes stupid, so I became dislike them, even disgusted by them by what they said or did. So I was never surprised that they said/did some bad thing.

I still feel sorry for you, OP. You need a break from Kpop, maybe it is time to hang out more with your family and friends.

• OP, I’m sorry that you are feeling that way and I get where you are coming from. It must be hard to seeing many of your favs go thru shit and possibly be a**holes in real life. However, I hope you take this as a learning experience. I’ve been thru that you too a couple years ago. Learn to take a step back and reevaluate your relationship with Kpop. Why do you feel a certain way? Why do you do this or that? Just some questions to ask yourself. I’m not sure what your definition of a Stan is but maybe take a step back from what you are doing. Pause all the Kpop social media account you have if you really need to and maybe even stop yourself from going into this forum for a while. Remember that idols are humans themselves and they can make mistakes. Not everyone is nice but not everyone is an a**hole too. Will we ever find out?? Maybe... Or Maybe not , we may never know but that’s why it’s important to have boundaries and stuff. Also not only in Kpop, but we will never know what will happen in life in general! Who saw covid happening and was gonna affected the whole world?? If anything 2020 taught us, it’s that we can never plan too far ahead and the present moment is so important. I know it’s easily said than done.

A little story to people who may not understand why may we get so obsessed our favs. This is just my shortened story of it. Others will have different story. There was a point in my life(a couple years ago) where things was just falling apart. Didn’t have much friends and family couldn’t understand me. School/job wasn’t going well and all I felt like I had was Kpop back then. Nothing felt as exciting as Kpop. So I was attached to idols because I felt so alone in this world. However I got a wake up call when the Burning Scandal happened and I knew I had to take a step back. I did not stab Seungri btw. I stanned BTS then (still a fan though) and Wanna One just disbanded. Now I’m doing better. I may still have drawbacks from time to time. I still really like Kpop but now I learn to keep my boundaries. I deleted twitter. I’m also very lucky to have a friend that likes Kpop too (but was not as attached to me) and she understood where I was coming from. It strengthen our friendship. I also tried to find new hobbies and Limit myself to watching Kpop content during the weekend and set a time limit on my phone. You will be surprised, when you don’t put so much attention into Kpop, you eventually don’t feel as attached.

Sorrry for the typoss

that's disturbing and gross.

• stanning was never "normal"

just enjoy the music/diversion

you dont need to look up to them as nothing more

PREACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kpop is purposefully crafted to become "addicting" that's why stanning often turns into an unhealthy obsession.

When it hit me how fake and manufactured everything was, it made me stop listening to kpop. Now I've started to enjoy it again but with the light-hearted/distanced approach you mentioned.

I simply like the idols for what they are: personas. Once you aknowledge that fact you won't get hurt by scandals, you may be disappointed but that's it.

It's quite simple: don't don't get attached to people you don't know.

• This thread contains 4 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!