Posts by hanakitaru

Her voice has always been squeaky, or nasally. That's the "YG technique" that some would like, some might not like.

I also feel that some part of it is off. I think the song lacks a memorable part/choreo, unlike Jennie's solo. But probably that's not the focus for Rosé since she is going for the more toned down and mellow route

Yes I know what she sounds like. I usually love her voice but here it was extra squeaky, just a bit is fine but here she crossed the line where it turned into "annoying" squeakiness.

Y'all LMAOOO

I saw this picture of Michael on Pinterest and suddenly I was reminded of this pic of Lisa

a4417564f16db74fea8f671bd00a5720.jpgd82dd79fa934a231585e3a90af032f92.jpg

Do y'all see it ? And then looking at other pics of Michael I realized they favor each other: they have similar nose shape with round faces and round eyes.

Not saying there's a crazy ressemblance I just thought it was a funny observation so I wanted to share it lol

I'll be blunt here, I thought it was bad...

Her vocals were flat, squeaky and shaky, idk if it's delusion or if people genuinely think she sounded stable but she absolutely wasn't ?

Though I'll say she did sing live which is always great, but I kinda wish she didn't because it turned out so-so. I also didn't like the dance.

Idk I feel like something is off, Jennie's solo seemed better orchestrated ? (and don't get me wrong this has nothing to do with any of the girls, it's all on the company).

Idk to me she's a great dancer but not anything special.

Kpop artists in general aren't spectacular dancers, they're just great at following a choreo...

Nah. It's a line from EXO's "Going Crazy" at 2:31

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

ohh okay i didn't know

well it's also a tupac lyric lol:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

not sure if you noticed but my original post that you quoted was literally from over a month ago...

anyway what i don't care to do is discuss semantics when nothing in your argument disproved what i said. they're still a one hit wonder. i still don't think they were famous. end of discussion.

this is a forum if you leave a post anyone has the right to quote it to share their opinion. so again, if you "don't care to discuss semantics" stop replying.

and for the record a "one hit wonder" literally means they were famous at one point so i see you still can't differentiate fame and popularity, let's leave it at that lmaooo

Imo Tzuyu is still gorgeous but she did look her best during cheer up era.

She just suits jet black hair and tan skin.

main-qimg-44156bfaff97d7ba7a75b771ec57e9cb.jpg

Nowadays I feel like the editors whitewash her more and she may have bleached her skin a little. Also the way they do her makeup isn't flattering for her eyeshape and her eyebrows look off, they look very drawn on and are either too spaced out or too light or both :

5257d1f2e1c124d5849ca8b4b25eb409.jpg

Despite that she's still extremely pretty. I just find it unfortunate because all the other members have stepped their makeup game up which enhances their beauty and their best features, but in Tzuyu's case it's decreasing it more than anything :/

stanning was never "normal"

just enjoy the music/diversion

you dont need to look up to them as nothing more

PREACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kpop is purposefully crafted to become "addicting" that's why stanning often turns into an unhealthy obsession.

When it hit me how fake and manufactured everything was, it made me stop listening to kpop. Now I've started to enjoy it again but with the light-hearted/distanced approach you mentioned.

I simply like the idols for what they are: personas. Once you aknowledge that fact you won't get hurt by scandals, you may be disappointed but that's it.

It's quite simple: don't don't get attached to people you don't know.

This is really disappointing. I was looking forward to him finally getting a main lead role in k-dramas only for him to turn out like this. We’ve all made mistakes and hurt others’ feelings before, either accidentally or out of pettiness or immaturity but the things he’s admitted to doing here are horrific. Please tell me people like this aren’t the majority.

Right, that is sooo shocking to me ! Koreans act so pure, conservative, and innocent on TV but whenever scandals breaks out it's always HORRENDOUS stuff. Like realistically I don't expect koreans to be more "innocent" than your average person, but there's a stark contrast between the way they portray themselves and what is actually going down.

And I'm so confused, is it common in South Korea for people to be literal thugs ? Because this is way beyond your average scandal in the west yet I've seen multiple korean celebrities caught up in this sort of scandal.

Or is it really just a coincidence that all these celebrities get caught committing awful crimes ? (because let's call it what it is, those aren't "mistakes'', they're crimes.)

meanwhile the members literally said back then that no one recognized them when they didn't have their helmets on... my point was more about the individual "fame" of the members. if they were famous they could have made careers for themselves in the entertainment industry after the group. but they couldn't. they were neither famous nor popular imo. they had fans, and they had people who knew one trendy song by them. and that was it.

? Did you read what I wrote, because I perfectly explained everything you just said. You're still confusing fame and popularity, just look up the definitions.

Like I said "people didn't really know or care for the members, but their hit songs and group name were widely known" that is fame. The fact that people didn't care for the members just means they weren't popular.

And sorry but the rest of your logic doesn't make sense, do you think fame is ever lasting ? There's plenty of exemples to show that is not the case lol many many people have fell off. Just because someone isn't famous right now doesn't mean they were never famous.

I think they will actually, not because the academy genuinely wants to give them the win, but because they feel pressured.

Looking at the context of things, racism and discrimination has been a huge topic this past year (and still is relevant rn). The academy had already been called out multiple times on their discriminations so it's really coming to a boil in this current context.

I don't see how they could get away with not giving BTS the win, they'll do it to appease the public and not get "cancelled" (even though, generally, cancel culture isn't effective long term, they still wouldn't want to find themselves in that position where people are hating on them).

honestly tho, they weren't rlly "famous". having a viral one hit wonder and a few loyal fans does not make you famous. kpop groups are not known by the korean general besides bts and prob bp. even twice, i doubt the gp would be able to recognize all members individually. the genre as a whole is still highly looked down upon. idols turned actors get shit on, idols turned tv personalities have it a bit better if they stay relevant like dara or heechul. most idols just go back to being regular people after their group is done.

I disagree. They were one of the first kpop groups I discovered because their songs were a big deal back then.

Imo you're confusing fame and popularity, they were indeed never popular, they didn't have a big fandom and people didn't really know or care for the members. But their hit songs and group name were widely known even amongst the general public : they were famous.

A good comparison would be Carly Rae Jepson, everyone has heard her name and knows her hit song "Call me maybe": she was famous. But she wasn't particularly loved and never grew a fanbase: she wasn't popular.

Fame doesn't stick without popularity.