BTS success is thanks to Luck and Not Big hit

• Because after BTS , Big hit debuted lot of Boy group and took lot of BG from other agency under their wings ( TXT, Enhypen, SVT, Nu'est)

and if BTS success was thanks to Big hit, all these other groups would have reach the same amount of success that BTS did in term of international popularity, and sucess in Korea

But none of them were able to even did well in Korea, and struggle in chart

which logically means that BTS success isn't thanks to Big hit amazing brain but it's just luck

because when you compare with other agency, every time they create a new BG in the past they were able to produce something as popular than their previous BG

SM = HOT - Shinhwa - TVXQ - SUJU - EXO - NCT

YG = BIG BANG - Ikon - Winner ( yes Ikon and winner aren't as popular that they were but nobody can deny that they had a lot of success and even have big hits )

JYP = GODS - 2PM - GOT7 - Stray kids

All the new groups from these agencies were able to break some record from the previous BG of their label

but only Big hit new groups aren't able to do as good or break any record from bts

which can only means that Big hit isn't great at making big groups they only surf on BTS success know and use bts name for their new groups, and luck is a big part of BTS success, because if it was thanks to BH, BH wouldn't have any problem to reproduce the same success they had with BTS with their new groups !!!

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip

• Sooyoung making their monthly contribution to SM stan villain story :pleading:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• what happened?

I assume the article on BP touring

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• ong thing sm stans gonna do is set up their fav lol using their logic why couldn't any sm bg have bts' success?

those ugly plastic monsters you stan can't even reach enhypen level let alone bts PLEASE LEAVE HYBE GROUPS ALONE

• No one can and should say BTS success is because of BigHit. It is dumb to attribute BTS success to one single entity. So this is just your small brain making up stuff.

And it will be impossible for any other kpop group to replicate BTS success. So why are you even expecting? Other groups of other companies got surpassed by newer groups because they were good at one thing or another.

BTS are the only Korean artist in history to have all around success. Imcomparable and Unprecedented. No cap.

• All but one of these is Hybe not Big Hit. As I understand it from their presentation (correct me if I'm wrong) but only BTS , TXT, Lee Hyun are technically Big Hit which still exists.

• It’s not a fair comparison those other Bgs had records that were more reasonable to break. BTS records and success are insane literally no one in K-pop is likely to break them anytime soon.

disagree , it's giving me throwback to 2012-2013, for example when EXO reached 1M every people were saying the same think than you are saying

but right now we all know that people saying this were wrong

and considering how kpop change, how all these groups had the advantage to have the big hit name next to their group name and the "bts brother group" tag next to them

would have help them to get a big push

but none of these groups (txt and enhypen) are doing well in korea, it's not even breaking BTS record but at least they can try to come close to them, i don't know like enter top 50 thanks to all the advantage they get

but none of them is able to do this

and i'm sorry but when a company have a product who sell well and then all their future product aren't even able to do 10% as good

it means that the success of the first product wasn't thanks to the work of the company itself (even it count) but luck and context had a much more impact on the results

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip

• BTS success is because of the members and their musical direction, which inspires ARMY to support and push them higher.

So OP is right. Big 3 have many successful idol groups because of the label. Bighit only has one.

BTS is another level because they have 3 things going on for them (as opposed to just label for others). They have great team, fandom and them selves.

So in conclusion, why other groups are only 10% at BTS level is because of you guys. Their fandoms. Who only know how to whine and talk about BTS

:swing-pepe:

• The members would cover lots of songs and get their fandom to spam any army here in videos.

I've never seen any kind of comments like 'Any army here'. Some people who became a bts fan might have, but I'm pretty sure a great majority of them became aware of BTS through traditional means like Social Media, YT recommendations, seeing them on news or local tv shows or hearing their songs somewhere else. I've personally knew about them through a friend who used to be a huge bts fan. Just sharing this cause I've seen quite a few comments like you said.

This is all strategic in their rise. All very clever. BTS themselves could make any group huge. But they don't have much interest in their junior groups.

???

• link? :pepe-beg:

• I agree with your points but instead of luck, I’ll sum it up to say it’s because of BTS themselves that they hit big

Because yes it’s luck that brought them up on my tl and had their song played on an anime edit, but it’s because of them that I kept coming back until I finally stanned them.

And I’m sure lots of other armys share this experience with me.

• imagine getting triggered by these kinds of articles lol

• As expected form you OP, When it comes to BTS your logic goes down the drain. :rolleyes:

Luck is important for everyone even for you favs, But luck without hard work and good music means absolutely NOTHING. This whole thread is so dismissive of BTS's hard work but I wouldn't expect anything less from you.

So BTS were able to overcome the Big 3 dominance in Korea, the Asian stereotype in the west+the boyband stereotype only because of "LUCK".

No one among in HYBE, SM, JYP, YG (the whole KPOP basically) will be able to create a group like BTS because you can copy music, concepts, marketing strategy but you can't replicate such sincerity and the passion for music and teamwork that bts has.

Also BTS isn't a STANDARD but an ANOMALY AND NOBODY IN KPOP WILL BE ABLE TO REPLICATE WHAT THEY HAVE MANAGED TO DO PERIOD

• What is this? Media are always the root of it's evil. And if they want to do a better comparison atleast compare it with the same year of BP's 2019 to BTS. Apparently, Blackpink's 2019 tour was attended by 470k people whereas BTS' 2019 tour was attended by 2M people. BTS is not even touring this year cause if they would, they can easily sell 3M tickets. They have nothing to compare if that even makes sense.

• It was literally everywhere on every random video.

Any army here xD

2015-17 drove every kpop fan crazy.

Then, do you have some sort of data or source to backup your claims that it is the reason behind their rise to stardom? Or it was a strategic move by BTS?

• I agree with your points but instead of luck, I’ll sum it up to say it’s because of BTS themselves that they hit big

Because yes it’s luck that brought them up on my tl and had their song played on an anime edit, but it’s because of them that I kept coming back until I finally stanned them.

And I’m sure lots of other armys share this experience with me.

Exactly!

I was kind of annoyed when I saw BWL trending on my Youtube feed. I'm really into anime and don't care about kpop let alone BTS. Out of annoyance I watched the MV and rolled my eyes because I don't get it.

Then YT recommended Fake Love and got intrigued. Watched some of their clips from Run BTS and down the rabbit hole.

I didn't even know their "struggles" before I stan them. So some people should spare me with "their underdog story is the reason why they got fans" :rolleyes:

It's all because of them and their music.

• I get your point, OP. But it's not solely luck. BTS is a solid group with a vast discography that appeals to a lot of people. And as much as I hate HYBE, they still formed BTS and funded their music before they got widely popular.

Still, the members compliment each other and they are very compelling and charismatic performers. I can go on and on, but the bottom line is success does not have 1 formula. It's a combination of luck, hardwork, consistency, good support system and good music. If it was just luck then BTS would be like your average group that was debuted from a Big 4 company.

• Lmaooo. You really said txt couldn't break bts records the way nct did with exo and sk with got7. As if their seniors are all equal in terms of success. Man.. As if nct or stray kids or treasure could break bts records. It would be easier for txt to do that if their seniors were less impactful than bts too. LOL.

Big 3 are not as iconic as you think you are following YOUR logic. Those big 3 groups have no national hits or public recognition either but why not? I mean they're from big 3

The thing about 2nd and 3rd gen is 3rd gen is the last gen general public gave a fck about. 2nd gen groups had privilege bc the gp actually tuned in to watch them, so that's how they were actually famous with non kpop fans. You can't say the same thing about any 4th gen bg.

Bts started in 2013 and took off internationally in 2017. In just 4 years they outdid big 3 combined and made hybe the richest company, listing with actual "chaebol" corporations. How do you expect hot/ses/snsd/god/wg level influence in what? 3-4 years? When in those years, bts were only establishing themselves internationally. Now that they're debuting more groups, they're doing pretty great. Meanwhile it took decades for big 3 to do that. Kpop was less saturated and people watched idols on tv shows.

The same way we can't compare sales/popularity from 3rd and 4th gen, the same way you can't compare public recognition and people caring about male kpop idols today.

• Does any group will succeed without luck. Whether it is bts,bp or twice or any successful group luck should be important but that's not only factor for overall success. I think music plays a prominent role in group success like how well connected to their fans and the public. If their music is not well liked among public or even by their no matter how much luck you have it's all waste

• This part annoys me so much. Like the first time I ever heard about them struggling to the top was when I watched This is BTS by Xceleste.

Their backstory only made me respect them more but before that, I already liked them.

• I didn't even know their "struggles" before I stan them. So some people should spare me with "their underdog story is the reason why they got fans"

Plsss. The way I cringed when I first watched those 'underdog story' & struggles when it got recommended by YouTube. A lot of those narrative are exaggerated and sometimes even made up. Never understood why some armys don't call out the YT creators who made those kind of videos. But yes, I didn't even know about these narrative until I became a fan already.

• I get your point, OP. But it's not solely luck. BTS is a solid group with a vast discography that appeals to a lot of people. And as much as I hate HYBE, they still formed BTS and funded their music before they got widely popular.

Still, the members compliment each other and they are very compelling and charismatic performers. I can go on and on, but the bottom line is success does not have 1 formula. It's a combination of luck, hardwork, consistency, good support system and good music. If it was just luck then BTS would be like your average group that was debuted from a Big 4 company.

This!!!

I’m also not surprised with this pov from OP not after how Hybe arrogantly came out to say they have the BTS formula. No wonder OP says BTS success was up to luck since Hybe’s post BTS groups aren’t pulling the same weights

• This thread contains 16 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!