[BTS CONTENT] The original formation of BTS had nothing to do with k-pop and everything to do with k-hiphop (bankruptcy hits differently tho)

• There is this wild misinformation non-fans spew every so often about BTS' roots/beginnings and I'm here to BEG non-fans to STFU on a subject they know nothing about. So I'll begin to tell the tea, the facts, and the reality that was BTS pre-2013.

Long ago, when the four nations gathered together, BigHit wanted to make a k-hip hop/rap unit consisting of only Runch Randa/RM, Gloss/Suga, J-Hope, and Supreme Boi. But at that time three major events happened. First, for Supreme Boi, being in a group was not in his plans so he just wanted to be in the shadows as an in-house producer for BigHit. The same was to happen to Suga but he was okay with being in a rap-oriented group. Second, BigHit was almost bankrupt in 2011-2012 and they were scrambling for ideas that would make debuting a k-hip hop group profitable to break even to pay back their investors/debt (lawd child BigHit was BROKE broke and I think the investors knew it would be hard for them to pay them back in full) And lastly because of the two mentioned above and with the ever-growing resurgence that kpop saw in 2012 thanks to Gangnam Style, Bang PD looked to the idol route that can at least keep them afloat. Meaning now this original four then three-member k-hip hop group was scrapped and Bang PD literally LIED/TRAPPED Suga with a false pretense that he wouldn't have to dance if he continues with BTS as a kpop idol group. Do you see where I'm going?

The addition of vocal line is another story for another day and that is also quite interesting if you don't know how and why they joined BTS but back to the main topic at hand, the original BTS were NEVER meant to be an IDOL group in the first place. Their whole identity was to be like their idols Epik High, Drake, Nas, Eminem, or ASAP Rocky to name a few. Sometimes, in an alternative world, I would have loved to see BTS as originally planned debut just to see if Bang PD/BigHit could have produced a moderately successful k-hip group like Epik high or 1TYM. But we will never know because the quickest way to ensure even average to moderate success would be debuting a k-pop group. And BigHit took that risk and we see how lovely that turned out. So really only two things propelled BTS that we know today. Fear of bankruptcy and looking at what already works, the idol system, to get out from under it and Gangnam style putting South Korea on the map bringing more attention for potential buyers for the idol system/groups.

*So if you were told by non-fans(who need to mind their own fucking business) how and who BTS idolized and came to be, you're being fed misinformation.*

This thread was brought to you by RM, Suga, and J-Hope, their colleagues, and BigHit themselves. An in-depth analysis of BigHit/Bang PD money issues and struggles can be found in the "Details Of The Harvard Business School Paper About BTS and Big Hit" if you can find a copy.

http://www.ynn.io/ | Memes, Reaction pictures, Scene meme

You're welcome.

• :pepe-tea:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!