Posts by ArmyOracle

I knew voguing

but now I saw vogue walking

It might be a derivative of the dance?

Could be as another element of the dance is also posing (like you are on the cover of Vogue magazine). So maybe they are walking and posing in a particular way.

I wonder if we are totally off and it is like when the "Harlem shake" went viral when it was nothing like the original dance that came out of NY, lol.

Original:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Viral Video:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Well I am old so I only know Voguing not Vogue walking, and that is not an internet term. It is a word describing a type of dance that came out of gay clubs (Ballroom) in the 1970s & 80s.

Don't know what the kids are calling Vogue walking now, lol.

It has an old AGED VHS quality to the image but please note that things were not that blurry and faded back when they first aired but started to look like that after looking at VHS recording years later that lost quality.

Anyway here is some music history for you to compare it with. This is an old TV called Solid Gold. The show use to have dancers, musical guests, and gave the Billboard countdown ever week (wish this show would return). The song sampled in your video is from Gloria Gaynor(woman singing in video) in 1979.

Edited to ad this version sounds a little bit different from the one performed on the TV show.

YG learned from that loss.

And he formed Black Pink to not fail again.

JYP found a replacement for SNSD and was at the top for a while, but unlike SNSD, Twice could not hold the improved 2NE1 formula.

Yeah some of those early BP tracks like AIIYL I can't not hear 2NE1 in them. And the man did call them a prettier 2NE1 (roll eyes) so I see where you are coming from with that.

But I don't trust that man (who I still think secretly runs that company)cuz he talked about 2NE1 getting too old before their controversy's even happened. That showed me his sexist attitude toward the women in that company early.

I'm definitely rooting for BP to break all the records so they don't even give that company the chance to talk that age/replacement nonsense.

I agree in the sense that SNSD stayed number one longer for their gen (their impact from being on TV, ads, etc was insane!!)however I think Twice's numbers may be stronger that SNSD. Correct me if I'm wrong. Their BB chart position certainly is.

Still a little upset JYPE ignored for too long their popularity in the West. On the bright side their longevity may make up the difference in legacy in the end. I'm still lowkey rooting for them so maybe wishful thinking on my part.

Side Note: I wonder why YG didn't manage to do with Ikon what they did with BB though. That should have been easy (I know GD is that dude but still).

Edited to add I'm still waiting on someone to give me a TVXQ 2.0

Not nearly as pressed as the person who thinks their faves are the only possible answer, but have nothing to actually back up that assertion, so all they can do is lash out and pretend they're the all-knowing Kpop OG when their assertion is challenged. You're not fooling anyone.

Your favorite 2nd gen group is long gone? That sucks for you. Mine isn't.

my fav, your fav, my fav.... LMFAO you really are stuck in 2008 acting like I insulted any one of those groups (who i loved by the way). LMFAOOOOOOOOO!

I'm sure the owners of this site appreciate your glowing endorsement, but thinking it actually matters one iota who was using this particular Internet forum back then is comical on a cosmic scale. Nowhere in the OP was Allkpop even mentioned. It's asking about OVERALL POPULARITY.

You seem pressed like its 2009 and trying to start a fight over long gone groups. If the OP ain't mad at my answer why in the hell do you care??? My telling Op they would have been able to find the answer in the archives (with Korean sources) should not have your blood pressure this raised unless you were an admin back then and had all that info removed. The hell is this really about?

2NE1 weren't any bigger than these other groups at their peaks, no matter how "nasty" it got here. This place doesn't decide a group's popularity.

Not just talking about here. It's called context. I mentioned here (forum and articles of sourced music records of both groups with people fighting under them)because the questioned was asked here. But I'm am not about to argue with anyone who was not here for first gen much less 2nd. You got the wrong one. Have a nice day.

The music industry in the west needed a shakeup. I'm proud of both groups. I quietly check the stats and root for the growth of Kpop as a whole (as well as other genres coming from Latin America & Africa). It's better for the artists too because the bigger they are the more control they can have on their career instead of their label, which can lead to more creativity and art. Also there is more work to be done for representation in the west.

Lord at some of these answers are giving tell me you were not not here during second gen without telling me.

The ONLY answer is 2NE1. I was here for the WAR between Sones & Blackjacks for that number one spot. SNSD (GG back then)won but 2NE1 gave a good fight. At one point earlier on Wonder Girls and SNSD swapped places. I wish this site didn't keep clearing things out cuz A LOT of that stuff was right on here for you to read though how nasty it got. A lot of the older admins know this.

Source: I'm a BlackJack that casually listened to Wonder Girls & GG back then

we are witnessing the new generational change. If YG had given Blackpink more genres of music, surely the general Korean public would be more excited about this comeback. Let's remember that all popular groups are always surpassed by new groups. Although can someone tell me why NewJeans is so special?

They remind the public of 1st gen (the gen Allkpop keeps forgetting existed). Go back and watch 1st gen girl groups, and listen to their music. Similar vibe with different hair. They even got a shout out from an S.E.S member for it. The only two groups to get a shout out from 1st gen that I know of are Seo Taiji with BTS and a member of S.E.S with New Jeans. While in both cases new gen fans ask what's the big deal? Answer: Listen to first gen.

I like Suran and Crush but I think they are pretty well known.

Do you think success got to their heads and look down upon all others cuz there's simply no one near them? They don't even do korean promotions because that where lower groups promote, They only do western

Only group that can be said to be comparable to them is black pink, that's the reason they date each other?

Provide receipts if you think otherwise :-)

Was prepared to give you real receipts then got to your 2nd to last sentence and realized you have no friends.

All but one of these is Hybe not Big Hit. As I understand it from their presentation (correct me if I'm wrong) but only BTS , TXT, Lee Hyun are technically Big Hit which still exists.