Posts by motichan

I land trainees were pretty mediocre with almost no visuals so no, I don't expect them to blow up.

Like that lsf almost debuted member haruka? hybe showed her which means she will be on iland or Eunchae who's nothing exceptional. I expect that type of mediocrity in terms of talent and visuals. But others will eat it up though

Niki is an amazing dancer and Heesung is okay since others around him are below average which got him a cringe nickname "Ace". Other than that there's nothing special about Enhypen.

Hybe doesn't have golden standards like sm when it comes to singing talent and visuals. They lucked out with bts(and Jk+V) since they're not the most talented, but still charismatic enough. Their other groups though is the proof they are lucky and don't know what they're doing. As long as you are an okay dancer and look okay, you are good, good vocals be damned. NewJeans are one of the most talentless rookies with Ive but since MHJ is a former sm employee, they will rely on their beauty

I hope iland 2 will surprise me though

If you mean general public then it depends on their discography. Kara managed to get into top 10 + get their old songs charting too. Maybe it's all thanks to IU show but regardless they're remembered in Korea.

But if you mean fanbases then yeah. The main reason NewJeans are selling that much is bc of the HYBE label. Otherwise they would be selling like Stayc or Kep1er and only relevant in Korea and maybe would be like Loona thanks to their asthetics. Meanwhile IVE's saving grace is Wonyoung and I still don't believe they have that kind big fandom to sell 1m that big3+1 groups do(yes, their album sales are sus to ME) and won't have a crazy fandom like bp+twice do bc only Wonyoung is relevant even overseas. Lsf on the other hand can fall back on hybe label too + the members don't have a large gap in their popularity. Sakura, Chaewon AND Yunjin are getting almost or more than 1m likes on their posts while Yujin struggles to get that and only Wonyoung does. Yes, it's a great indicator that shows how popular they're.

Big companies' other iconic groups help maintain relevance even the groups are on hiatus or disband and come back for their anniversaries. It won't be like that for non big 4 groups.

They don't have any influence? Kpop stans only discovered it now? LMAO be delusional as much as you want but not to that extent

They erased half of kpop from spotify once spotify opened their doors in Korea because they didn't want ANY competition here and you are talking about them having no influence? Number 1 popular music service is nothing? Boy these stans are something

YOU are the one who recently discovered what kakao is and is making up fairy tales about them being oh so powerless.

The myth about big 3 and hybe being the only evil companies has been cemented for too long, people think it's impossible for others to play dirty now

Kakao and cj are the biggest ent corporations there, hybe is nothing but a small fish

Mmm, is weird. Seems like BP dont have this problem. I guess thinking people would feel "pressured" because youre an unattainable BTS member have to keep away many people. This is a wild idea, but maybe the problem is him. :pepe-tea:

Lmao so :akorns:

you are talking about the same girls who are friends with the snakes who "steal" their best friends' boyfriends?

Their friends are LA influencers - the definition of vipers and leeches who leak pics with them, but bp girlies don't mind. As long as they provide that Hollyweird experience like attending Marilyn Manson Sunday church, "cool image" and connections, they're fine. Their friends are fine with it too, as long as the clout is there. The second it's gone, they will ditch them in a heartbeat

Stop acting like bp are so real

At first, I was like Kyungsoo is besties with Golden Phone Zico? Disappointed...

Then Golden phone zico has fans? Here?

Then I saw you pfp of Chin Dragon The Seungri Supporter and Young It girls chasing Predator then everything clicked

What would you feel if you were one of the JJY or Seungri victims? Right, you don't care, who am I kiding lol

yet to com spent less weeks than pink venom on hot 100. The gap is not that big once billboard removed mass exploitation of billboards loopholes that bp never took advantage of. Stay humble baby.

you mean bp didn't have any spotify deals = free streaming counted/mass buying that wasn't allowed by bb but was for bp which is how their streaming is declining after the deal was done? The gag is even their first week was lower than any bts title and now you are comparing an actual Korean ballad with THE comeback after 2 years/catchy dance song that will obviously do better? In the end, bp's best record is bts' worst. Exactly, stay humble.

Bp is right there, hit after hit and y’all’s till say none comes close to 2018 bts?

The thing is bp come from big 3, especially yg who has this western image/appeal. All those connections from the start/pathetic deals like hanging out with spotify ceo and higher ups & $3 albums and they still didn't beat bts results from 2018.

Anyway, what bts did is amazing since a non big 3 group actually had to work from the start and achieved and outdid big 3 combined.

or maybe just make the album less expensive next release

I could have bought one more album, but I'm not gonna spend 100 dollars on two albums. not to mention THE ALBUM was 30 and had better packaging, better concept photos and better everything,

there are probably a lot of blinks who shared the same sentiment.

they had $5 signed albums you could have easily bought

and there are plenty of reports of albums being at target and still untouched, op

where's this "yg didn't ship" notion come from?

Now how did they destroy when they made all these deals with spotify (which was still low even after they eased the requirements just for bp bc of the deal) and target. The release was right when there is no competition. They are doing everything for them. Not their fault the demand didn't show up. I can already see the excuses on the first page.

Those albums were 50 goddamn dollars, of course the sales were low

This excuse would be understandable if the album had only 2 versions and not 21 with all discounts and various kinds of prices.

About idols being blamed for their songs flopping part. The most mind blowing thing to me was the companies expecting idols to make songs given to them blow up. Like that mfcker Sooman saying that to Taeyong. How tf do you give them bad music and expect it to be popular and then blame your performers for it? Next level doesn't count since it didn't make any noise outside Korea and is anomaly. Give them their Growl, I know he can.

It was not me comparing ability, it was comparing two vocalists who are in group concepts that do not utilize them

What is there to utilize. She struggled to cover a Taylor Swift song. You know, the most basic top singer in the world? It's bad when Taylor Swift who gets shitted on for her bad singing would be the main vocalist in your group.

No point explaining anything to the person who thinks aespa and itzy selling millions is enough or the supposed biggest group named blackpink booking 15k capacity arena in Korea of all places are as big as bts and their impact and enough to replace them.

Anyway, bts totally should listen to a nobody on the internet and enlist already.

Bts is the only global superstar with the biggest impact which is why the government from both sides know and stay using them. They know there will be no celebrity from Korea with that kind of power in a very long time which is why they're milking it till the end(going out and asking their dads to convince them to represent Busan after a whole year of trying to pursue the boys), even the new administration. The government is the one who started the topic of exemption, not the boys, and you think it will be that easy for them to enlist? Especially also when a corporation is dependent on them too?

You are so smart, how could they not listen to you of all people

I remember last time they gave us a date... :pepe-comfy:

I remember a g dragon stan account who knows Korean following every news about it and translating and when the date came, being happy saying it's over. It was hilarious and pathetic

Anyway, it's a set up waiting to happen. Like I heard they have a crab in a barrel mentality and don't like situations like this when someone can benefit from it (ofc son heung min likes do not count, they go hard for their athletes and I'm not complaining).

I feel like it's not going to go the way the government wants them to go, BUT maybe they will get an easier service. I read that all ambassadors will have to attend the ceremony in 2023 when they announce the city winner, so they most likely will get some kind of a different route than other soldiers do. I do hope they will get an exemption.

Just like i thought wonyoung and especially leeseo would struggle even just standing (we will never hear them performing their songs live without backing) but starship had to be starsh!t and give their best singer the least lines

Rei pleasantly surprised me, Gaeul was not bad at all

Liz is ofc the best

Yujin surprised me with how bad she was. Not momo ofc, but i expected better from her with her experience but oh well

fair line distribution is the reason why many good songs are being ruined

I do not need to listen to Dahyun/Leeseo/Wonyoung/Yuna/Kazuha and so and so for too long, give the lines to those who can sing and let them be pretty in the center. There's no valid reason as to why Liz and her beautiful voice should not get any lines while WY and Leeseo stay assaulting my ears with their baby voice the whole chorus or screeching, trying to "sing" "hign notes". Yuna doesn't deserve any lines.

The same goes for bgs. Many of them can't sing which is why they're given rap positions - Jaemin, basically half of nct.

Yoona from snsd back then would get the easiest one line and would just dance prettily in the middle, but nowadays groups can't harmonize because only 1 or 2 members can sing. Also annoying fans will start a war if their precious member who can't sing deservedly don't get lines.

I agree

For now they are the top

Aespa never had international charting. After heavy us promotions they were only 147 ony spotify and were out the next day. That's not top group behavior. Ive is only 9 months old but already debuting top 50 and love dive did great. National hit doesn't mean a thing when you make no noise outside Korea when k-pop is global now. I don't think they charted good in China with all those bars unlike blackpink. SM acts never have big international presence which is weird and why I think they won't be THE top group of their generation.

Now will IVE have a strong huge fandom(like the weirdos that bought nmixx box before they even debuted) that big 3 groups have, willing to buy 2 versions of albums(bts and bp) and not 9 versions is another question. Bts had an advantage of being men. Men will always have bigger and loyal fandom.

Now after yg's new girl group debuts and establishes themselves, which will take a year or two, we will know who is the top group.

EDIT: Also LMAOOOOO some aespa stan holding onto their physical sales for dear life saying that's why ive are not top. Aespa only has that and top 10 result which is very weak for their numbers. Give it up already

op

yg is known for piggyback riding more famous groups since forever. He thinks he's slick but pannchoa has an expose article on his tactics.

big bang - dbsk

2ne1 - snsd

bp - bts (in the usa) even though the only common thing they have is yt and spotify numbers (that can be easily mass streamed by streaming farms and i've seen photos + i've seen the % from spotify by bts is still the biggest than other acts). Other than that bts washes bp in every other category. I mean they made hybe the whole corporation.

They are aiming to do it again with their concerts (more tickets sold than bts) even though they won't sell stadiums in the west, only in some Asian countries + now album sales.

I thought they sold 1m on hanteo, but it was only 800k which was funny