How many rookies does Hybe exactly need to make up for BTS?

• Man, this is getting ridiculous. It is not like it is a one man agency like it is used to be, they are already diversified. Seventeen, TXT, Enhypen, Fromis9, Le Sserafim, New Jeans, they already have a bigger line up than JYP or YG. This is freaking ridiculous. Kpop has always been oversaturated, but usually it was because of bunch of nugu agencies debuting sub par idol group. It has never been so over saturated with big company groups.

[enter-talk] HYBE'S ROOKIE LAUNCHING PLAN AND CURRENT STATE (pannchoa.com)

• Man, this is getting ridiculous. It is not like it is a one man agency like it is used to be, they are already diversified. Seventeen, TXT, Enhypen, Fromis9, Le Sserafim, New Jeans, they already have a bigger line up than JYP or YG. This is freaking ridiculous. Kpop has always been oversaturated, but usually it was because of bunch of nugu agencies debuting sub par idol group. It has never been so over saturated with big company groups.

[enter-talk] HYBE'S ROOKIE LAUNCHING PLAN AND CURRENT STATE (pannchoa.com)

JYP has 3 Girl groups.

SM has 2 plus SNSD.

SM does not have many boygroups because they put everyone in NCT.

• They dont need that much tbh. BTS sells like 5m physicals a year on average and their streams are basically a combined total of twice and blackpink. I feel like Armys really overrate how much money BTS generates, Hybe will do fine without them

Let's ignore all the merch and concert revenue which runs into 100s of million.

BTS is not just the biggest revenue generator for Hybe but is for the entire music industry.

They were the highest selling artists of both UMG and Columbia Records last year. Generated 100mn USD sales in just japan in 2021.

BTS sold 9mn plus albums last year alone without a proper comeback.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

They are the bestselling album sellers in US this year too

Edited 2 times, last by paradis ().

• the biggest generators of revenue are physicals and concert. All Hybe needs is 4-5 Seventeen level groups and they'll do just fine.

Yes sure since you are all knowing , but you said Armys exaggerate the revenue BTS generates, explain this then?

• I never said BTS doesnt generate much revenue but they definitely rent making as much money as Armys believe. Hybe will do just fine without BTS especially with the roster they have right now. Stop being so pressed

Did I say Hybe won't survive without them? I only quoted you cause your post was sheer bullshit. You claimed BTS sell 5mn albums on average and only generate double the streams of Twice and BP (both points factually incorrect btw), totally ignoring their concert and merch revenue, knowing that streams generate negligible revenue and the main source is concerts, albums sales and merch.

How am I pressed when you are talking outta your ass and saying Armys exaggerate things while blatantly ignoring facts. yourself.

• the facts are BTS are past their prime and if BTS disbands today, hybe will be fine because they have enough groups to cover BTS’ gap. It’s not difficult

Fact is you were talking bullshit and you are now deflecting cause you got called out on it.

P.S. Hybe shareholders disagree clearly hence their shares fell by 2bn USD, but sure you know more.

• Wow talk about overestimation. You clearly know nothing about the stock market either so pls don’t pretend like you do. Where did I talk bullshit btw? I know you’re salty and mad but don’t unleash your anger into other people it’s so weird

:clown:

• Perfect way to stabilize the Company. With BTS Group hiatus and solo debuts and these successful groups they will be able to dominate the Kpop Company. The only Thing what I am asking is if they will have actors and female solo acts. Maybe that's a chance for V or Jin to start their acting career.

• How much BTS made in year? 1-2B?

HYBE has 2 million sellers, (excluding BTS) I don’t know they sell each 2M in a year it would made more than 50M for each depending on how much theirs album cost based on album sales alone.

One double seller, made more than 100M in albums probably with touring, merch over 150-200M.

Despite selling 500k copies NJ aren’t profitable yet

Fromis barely contributed to HYBE

LSRF too

All of them combined make still less than BTS

• Until when will people realize Hybe is not a single company. They're just the biggest investor of many companies that have their own trainees and funds. Most of these companies only have 1-2 active acts at best so even if Hybe aren't involved, they would still debuting groups on their own, just with lower budget/ investment.

• IMO they are going about it the wrong way. We all know investors want them to diversify to be a better investment, they could go many ways about it not waste time debuting groups without thought or effort to make them distinct and have enough forethought on their long term development both as soloists and groups.

Hybe should have continued with the YG route (investing in other industries within the entertainment industry), for example YG is a music distributor for many companies including hybe, they could have gone into making merch for other companies, we already see they want to diversify with the addition of weverse and vlive. They could have made a company for kpop overseas concerts like kcon and helped smaller groups go on tour whilst selling merch to milk fans worldwide or used that amazing tech they made to stop fans streaming concerts illegally to make a concert venue company used by other companies, that tech is sure to make them popular and you know they made alot of tech for BTS' concerts so they have the means and you know ALOT of companies would pay anything for it because they won't loose fans to illegal streams.

Neither would be reliant on fandom growth that can take years and risks fandom cannibalisation from other groups. Or they could go the SM route and have connections with TV channels and produce their own shows, (or like YG dramas), especially with their connections and vlive they can make idol centric shows aimed at the international audience with idol interactions like weekly idol.

If they want to have more acts, again they went the wrong route. It can take years to come up with a group with a coherent sound, concept and strong fanbase and the way they are acting they certainly don't seem like they have taken any of the above into consideration. Buying idol companies would help alot but there are only so many options of hugely successful groups, I could seem them buying RBW or Cube, but it would be better to invest in actor or modeling agencies, just enough to be the majority shareholder, but not impact the business which will diversify their portfolio.

• Until when will people realize Hybe is not a single company. They're just the biggest investor of many companies that have their own trainees and funds. Most of these companies only have 1-2 active acts at best so even if Hybe aren't involved, they would still debuting groups on their own, just with lower budget/ investment.

I keep saying this, but it's not the narrative people wanna push so it falls on deaf ears.

• Hybe would need a whole ass SM's yearly revenue & more to generate as much as much as BTS. These are their contributions to HYBE according to their public disclosure. Literally more than SM- the second biggest kpop company after HYBE with established artists under its rosters, investment portfolio, actors and businesses 💀 Their 2021 contribution is not included but it was estimated that they contributed atleast 70% of 1.255B won last year despite HYBE buying out I THACA HOLDINGS. Lastly, this year they're estimated to do somewhere in between of 800B won - 900B won. Could be 1200T won if the guys want a World Tour 🤷‍♀️ This is why no Kpop stans can convince me their flop & troll narrative. BTS brand is a whole ass huge company itself. One member of bts can generate as much as mid-tier to big company.

forum.allkpop.com/suite/attachment/234778/

• I mean, tbf Hybe’s groups are under different subdivisions/labels. I think if you look at them in their different labels, it becomes less overwhelming.

Hybes huge now and they are a company who wants money so they don’t really care. Ig if they have the means to support these groups, there isn’t an issue…

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

• Dumbarse forgot BTS was responsible for more than %65 of Hybe’s direct profits from 2021. And that was a year BTS only released one Japanese compilation album and two singles(butter and ptd)

That user is looking like a bigger fool after Kmedia just released this article going deep into Hybe's financial dependency on BTS

Screenshot_20220808-125847_Twitter.jpgScreenshot_20220808-125837_Twitter.jpgScreenshot_20220808-125901_Twitter.jpgScreenshot_20220808-125913_Twitter.jpgScreenshot_20220808-125923_Twitter.jpg

• Hybe is a label, logically each company in it should debuting these new groups so they can get profit for their own company. Even if they're already have 4 million seller under one label. But they're under different companies. Pledis with SVT, Belift with enha, Bighit with BTS and TXT.

"But they already earn a lot!"they're company not charity organizations, ofc they want more and bigger profits by investing here and there, expanding more, getting richer, etc.

Welcome to the real world i guess.

• Kmedia didn't include their online streaming cause it was also under their 'concert' revenue. In 2nd quarter, BTS generated atleast 65B won for their 4 days shows in Vegas.

• I mean, If you look carefully, you can see that the groups are not really related to each other and belong to different sub-companies. It's normal for Pledis to release another boy group, after all, 17 members will slowly start enlisting. Zico's group is actually going to be a hip hop group and the group that came out of the Japanese auditions will only be for the Japanese market, and the girl group that will come out of the American auditions will only be for the American (and world market). Belift will debut in new boy group and girl group from I Land. Trainee A will most likely debut on Big Hit in the summer, not this year, but next year. As you will see, there is actually no stockpiling under a company. They will all debut in different companies and they will all be responsible for different companies.

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

b9067265d2fcc30fa3ee1ba591881fc0865471a4.jpg

• This thread contains 4 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!