Let's be realistic - will they really come back?

• I took the news of BTS' hiatus quite strongly.

I'm really happy for their solo endeavours, always supported it (I believe some of their gems are amongst solo releases after all, from still with you to daechwita, forever rain, winter bear etc), as long as it meant that we'd still get OT7 releases.

I became an ARMY back in 2018 mostly due to their catchy choreographies, amazing performances and messages. No group caught my attention like that before. So even if I truly support their solo releases, nothing makes me happier than OT7 great releases :pepe-just-smile:

Now they said they'll eventually come back. But let's be realistic.

Most of them are approaching enlistment. Reaching the age of 30, you start craving other things in life. They signed another 7 year contract back in 2019, that became active in 2020 - it fits with Namjoon's mention that after ON they'd stop and start solo releases, along with Jin's enlistment BEFORE they got 2 extra years.

They were exhausted back then already. I'm starting to believe the new contract was signed with that in mind, solo releases with enlistment in between, before a grand finale and boom, career end. They're just filling in their part of the bargain now. Solo releases, cf agreements etc to finish their contract.

I think IF they come back it'll be like 2 gen groups. Probably a single that won't have a lot of promo and as a gift to fans.

I doubt will get a full album, with a theme and a great tour to follow afterwards. I believe those days are over. :pepe-in-bed:

I'm ashamed to say this but this army is feeling quite low. :pepe-puddle:

Just wanted to take this out of my chest and share opinions with other armys.

Thank you for your time. :pepecry::pepecry::pepecry::pepecry::pepecry::pepecry:

• Go to Best Answer
  • I think at this moment, they genuinely believe it not to be the end of them as a group… but people change, and none of us can predict the future (no, not even Blinkstradamus), so who knows.

I don’t know if I can imagine it being quite the same as it was before.

But, I’ll be honest, I don’t know if that is partly a coping strategy my brain is engaging. Imagine the least, anything else is a bonus.

I am trying to be very zen about it all and just take each day as it comes.

• If BTS didn't inform about the hiatus during the Festa Dinner, we wouldn't be even having this conversation this soon. They felt exhausted and needed more time to create space for creativity. They have to think about the concept and group's music direction for their next chapter. This takes time. Enlistment or not, they would still need this break. And this all would lead up to a legendary album and comeback!

𝐁𝐓𝐒 ♡ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 ♡ 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚

c09dafd21a568e816f2cb77504fa56a8086e9412.gifv

• Only childish k-pop fans think about ages and contracts. When people really want to do stuff together, these things don't matter at all.

BTS are already a legacy act. Unarguably the greatest Korean musicians of all time. Arguably the greatest Asian musicians of all time. These types of artists go on forever.

Also I am tired of people using BTS' words for their imaginary writings. Jimin literally said take our words as it is. And ARMYs have always taken BTS words as it is. If you wanna go with imaginations rather than reality then it's on you.....

• this is something we can only know the answer to in the future

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• If BTS didn't inform about the hiatus during the Festa Dinner, we wouldn't be even having this conversation this soon. They felt exhausted and needed more time to create space for creativity. They have to think about the concept and group's music direction for their next chapter. This takes time. Enlistment or not, they would still need this break. And this all would lead up to a legendary album and comeback!

Literally this. BTS share their stuff directly to us because they do not think of us as consumers. If we were just consumers for them they would have given a notice of this and be done with. BTS share their words directly to us because they know even when others don't understand them, ARMYs always do.

• Also not logical to compare BTS with other k-pop groups that have ever been before them. Because they are not like other k-pop groups. BTS is one of the very few k-pop groups who has remained together without losing a member. I can think of only Seventeen and Shinee as others who have stayed together without losing a member.

Idk why you are thinking about SNSD & Big bang as examples but not Shinee.

• There are no certainties, that is the reason K-pop companies just don't outright disband successful groups, but rather be ambivalent about them. They all learnt from Sean Connery "Never Say Never Again". Or more recently Tom Brady.

And even as individuals, who knows?

1st - the wishes of all the members should align.

2nd - external conditions like enlistment or exemptions are a huge factor,

3rd - if HYBE as company tanks badly, then they are the card to be played. OR if HYBE recovers and does great with the other groups and businesses, they don't need to bring BTS out of storage.

So multiple factors.

For now, I only take it that there is no group music release in the foreseeable future.

Individual activities - yes.

Non-music activities as a group - maybe to an extent.

But again, nobody including them or HYBE can predict the future.

• this is exactly what HYBE don't want you to even think about

and why they released those statements that BTS ain't going anywhere

but yeah as a smart human being you should consider different possibilities, for example very long hiatus until next group album will be released

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• It will be a while before we get OT7 comeback due to enlistment. I think we'll get singles or mini-albums in the name of BTS from time to time; promotions and tour after that may be not. They have had unit songs under the name of BTS so i guess OT7 isn't the only option here. The 2nd CD of Proof is consist of solos and unit songs, I guess that's the path they are going while OT7 isn't possible.

• HYBE do not decide what BTS do. BTS themselves decide what BTS do. It's always been that way with BTS.

Yes your other k-pop faves are controlled by their companies like you think they are but that's not the same with BTS.

• There are no certainties, that is the reason K-pop companies just don't outright disband successful groups, but rather be ambivalent about them. They all learnt from Sean Connery "Never Say Never Again". Or more recently Tom Brady.

And this is at the heart of why everyone is reacting as if it's basically disbandment and people on AKP are writing eulogies to BTS and 3rd gen. BTS saw this and was appalled at how their words were taken out of context and responded.

To me, it means that they intend to keep their word. Sure that could change, but I have no reason to doubt them and other than everyone else going off "well .... this is what hiatus has meant to this industry" neither do any of them.

So I'd still respond: Yes.

• BTS will be back.

• HYBE do not decide what BTS do. BTS themselves decide what BTS do. It's always been that way with BTS.

Yes your other k-pop faves are controlled by their companies like you think they are but that's not the same with BTS.

Cute.

I doubt if even Elon Musk can ignore the markets, boards etc.

But hey, one could wish - if not for oneself, at least for one's idols.

• Best Answer

Honestly i think BTS will be back but they won't be the same

Life(marriage/kid/successful solo) will happen to some members

They will still be 7 & they will release music again & tour together again

I think BTS will make their eventual CB summer 2028 specifically for their 15th anniversary & then go on a tour

6 years from now means every member is done with enlistment & have released as much solo music as they want + have experienced life in whatever form or shape

They might not even be under hybe by then since their contract ends 2027 👀

• And this is at the heart of why everyone is reacting as if it's basically disbandment and people on AKP are writing eulogies to BTS and 3rd gen. BTS saw this and was appalled at how their words were taken out of context and responded.

To me, it means that they intend to keep their word. Sure that could change, but I have no reason to doubt them and other than everyone else going off "well .... this is what hiatus has meant to this industry" neither do any of them.

So I'd still respond: Yes.

Oh, even if nothing drastic happens, I also think they will be back.

But what kind of "back" also matters, not like Bigbang or Psy's "back" this year or the projected/wished SNSD/Kara kind of "back". Or even ABBA,

They are big cultural phenomenon that definitely we will see them all again, if nothing extreme happens.

Nostalgia comeback.

But that is not the question is it?

Will they an active group regularly releasing music, as they have been doing so far, even if it is at a reduced frequency?

If they are going to be so, then why even this discussion.

• I think they will come back at some point. When they have all done their own thing.

I was one to feel relief when I heard the news because just like RM, I have been feeling for a while that the BTS I used to love wasn't there 100% anymore. That other things took precedence over their creativity and that their greatness and what made them special was getting more and more watered down that it felt way different.

So to me, this newsis way more exciting because I liked most of their solo stuff and I feel like for the past few years they were more creative and artistic than the ot7 releases. So I can't wait to see what they will show to the world as their official work.

Maybe this hiatus announcement will make them feel more free to live life more fully,date, get married and get rid of the expectations of the fans, the industry, the media and even their own country had for them.

It must have been such a huge burden to carry for so long.

We can anticipate good things in the future.

• But that is not the question is it?

Will they an active group regularly releasing music, as they have been doing so far, even if it is at a reduced frequency?

If they are going to be so, then why even this discussion.

I need to re-read OP and edit the title then... I understood the question as "Will they come back?" not "Ok, they'll be back, but in what capacity?"

• like someone else said you can always live in your own reality and just watch their old content whilst pretending its new, that way OT7 will always exist in your mind :pepe-use-head:

LAFBL0s.gif

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

• Oh look, another eulogy!

Just send a postcard. It's just as condescending, but at least way cuter than this look.

Pooh dailyclassicdisney: if there ever comes a day, when we can't be  together, keep me in your heart, i'll stay there… | Grief quotes, Pooh  quotes, Wonderful words

its not condescending just giving advice from my own delusions with BP :pepe-shame:

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

• its not condescending just giving advice from my own delusions with BP :pepe-shame:

Oh, well then I can understand a bit of that better then, but BTS is not BP. I can see how Blinks may see similarities in the situation though. Which is why Hardy trying to gloat about it while nursing his wounds with endless "it's now X date" is kinda sad to me.

• Oh, well then I can understand a bit of that better then, but BTS is not BP. I can see how Blinks may similarities in the situation though, which is why Hardy trying to gloat about it while nursing his wounds with endless "it's now X date" is kinda sad to me.

i get that but I think this BTS hiatus is going to be longer then any BP hiatus has been because of enlistments but at least we'll finally have the boys solo releases (albums not mixtapes) and the promotion that will come with that :pepe-shoooketh:

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

• If it does happen,it won't be any time soon.

BTS are almost a decade old,they're doing nothing but following the typical group cycle of being progressively less active as time passes whilst branching out to individual activities.

Nothing unheard of,really.

• It may or may not be. I'm not gonna try to rival blinkstradamus here - that would be futile.

blinkstradamus would be a nice title :cryingr:

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

• I doubt will get a full album, with a theme and a great tour to follow afterwards. I believe those days are over. :pepe-in-bed:

But why would those days be over? TVXQ, Super Junior, and Shinee have all proven that as long as they want to perform together and as long as the fans (and the company) support them, that they can go the distance.

Like one of the sentiments that Super Junior has basically agreed to is that the members can do whatever they want to pursue their own careers - solo releases, acting, MCing, or even nothing - as long as when it's time to do an album or a tour that they show up as a member of the group for the fans.

I feel like BTS made it pretty clear that they still want to perform together, but they just need a moment for themselves and honestly imo it's very overdue because they've definitely all had to pass on opportunities to focus on the group.

• This thread contains 42 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!