Naver backs out of SM acquisition, Kakao on the fence

• 2022042200828_0.png
    Article: Naver "We will not be acquiring SM Entertainment"... Kakao "Not yet decided"

Source: Asia Economy via Naver

1. [+1,186, -6] Naver's being realistic here

2. [+478, -9] Lee Soo Man's greed is the source of the problem ㅋㅋ

3. [+253, -29] Naver's being realistic, SM is dried up~

4. [+232, -38] SM was only worth something back when they had SNSD and BoA. I don't even know what they have now? Red Velvet's a flop because of Irene.

5. [+119, -6] Lee Soo Man's going to end up losing every deal because of his greed

6. [+57, -1] I think SM's biggest display of losing touch was when Aespa was at the height of their popularity and they had them put out a remake of 'Dreams Come True'. Did they not have a particular song to promote instead when the fame was flowing in? I have no idea why they would make a trending idol of one year put out a remake song like that ㅋㅋ

7. [+37, -1] I wish someone would just acquire SM and stop casting Chinese idols... Lee Soo Man needs to step down if he's lost his touch and stop obsessing over Chinese money.

8. [+32, -0] Why would anyone necessarily want to acquire SM when they're on the decline?

9. [+31, -0] What can you do when Lee Soo Man has lost his mind and is making outrageous demands like handing over his stock but requiring to retain administrative rights.

10. [+31, -2] SM has nothing going for them... Naver would be better off just starting their own in-house entertainment agency.

11. [+29, -1] SM was only big back when they had SNSD, what do they have now? The fandoms can all hype each other up all they want but the public is whatever about them ㅋㅋㅋ

12. [+21, -1] Who would be foolish enough to acquire SM ㅋㅋㅋ I'd rather take that money and invest it in my own agency

13. [+17, -0] Lee Soo Man is willing to sell but demanding to still participate in the business ㅋㅋ

14. [+14, -0] Who would acquire a company that has a company in the middle taking 30% of the profits?

15. [+13, -0] Looks like SM is going to end up getting acquired by a Chinese company~

16. [+13, -2] Who will be it? Who will play the fool to Lee Soo Man?

17. [+11, -1] I knew this would happen ㅋㅋㅋ why would big IT companies like them care about catering to Lee Soo Man ㅋㅋㅋ not like he has some huge idol group like BTS

18. [+5, -0] Why would Naver ever want to acquire SM ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

-

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Fudge

As long as he doesnt sell to a chinese company its good

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• all these people were riding SM's dick when Next Level came out lmao

Naevis helping lsm to line his pockets

• I thought Naver dropped out a while ago. Like the last 4 months of updates has just been Kakao and CJ.

I still think it's gonna be CJ. SM artists haven't missed an episode of M Countdown yet.

• I thought Naver dropped out a while ago. Like the last 4 months of updates has just been Kakao and CJ.

I still think it's gonna be CJ. SM artists haven't missed an episode of M Countdown yet.

If I had a say, I would like CJ as well

more opportunities

But all of those random naver TV shows sm idols did

:pepe-life-support:

• If LSM would stop being so greedy. You can't sell the company and still keep the same control and rights you had when you owned it. But Kakao and CJ have been in this business a LONG time. They know and understand on more levels than I do, so I am sure whatever they choose, it will be for their betterment.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• honestly CJ & SM recently doing lot of things together

examples are Taeyeon being MC in Queendom 2

earlier BoA and Taeyong being judges in Street Woman Fighter

SM likes Chinese money

CJ brought Chinese trainees to GP999

they can be best friends lol

• While Naver has invested in many companies, they've pretty much aligned with YG on many ventures and have several partnerships and businesses together.

Their relationship is close on multiple levels.

Never thought it was realistic they'd takeover SM.

YG Family

1080x360

*Disclaimer I don't read responses to my posts unless I've replied to you before. If that offends you BLOCK ME. It's not my job to police your feelings.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!