IS JYP ENTERTAINMENT OKAY?

• Their management is so shitty and bad. Twice is going into 7 years with no personal Instagram because of that brands can’t announce the girls as main ambassadors because they don’t have personal accounts. I just saw Nayeon’s Louis Vuitton posts , it’s quite obvious they like Nayeon so what’s jyp doing ?? Why is jyp doing this honestly

I feel like they are making sure they stunt the individual growths of their artist and limit them to just been known as a member of the group so they can resign with the company since the individual brand is low because that will explain why Twice started doing individual stuff in their freaking 6th year when a new era of Kpop has begun ( The 4th generation )

It’s crazy that a company that pushed Suzy so much and was known for pushing can literally do this. Suzy was really a lucky person.

Or is the jyp pd nin scared of someone becoming the face of the company rather than him because that’s what Suzy did to him.

I just had to write down my aggression after going through Twicetagram even Wonyoung had a personal account . I wish all these groups just dump jyp entertainment like GIT7 to knock some sense .

Opinions on this?

• So frustrating, then fans try to rationalize their dumbassery. Just the stupidest company, running against YG for the title.

My problem is some onces trying to act like it’s all right , with things like our girls are popular in other countries more than some gg members well yes as the members of 2nd biggest Kpop gg is expected but your girls are not trendy it girls or individual brand on their own that they could have been . Fight for your girls rights

• I feel like they are making sure they stunt the individual growths of their artist and limit them to just been known as a member of the group so they can resign with the company since the individual brand is low

This is what I'm thinking. People think they want to avoid a Suzy situation but I think it's much deeper than that.

It's honestly no wonder JYP acts seem to fully thrive after they leave the company compared to when they were still signed to them. Sunmi, Baek Yerin, etc, etc all did much better after they left the company....hell even GOT7 seem to be in a much better place now compared to when they were stuck in JYP's basement. They just aren't good at nurturing solo careers.

If it's true I'm not sure why they insist on doing it. There's a reason why they have the worst renewal rate out of the big3.....

• It took 8 years for Bts to have their accounts.

Tbo why is that bad management?

well technically not, JK had his account long back, he just verified if recently. I am guessing the BTS members chose to have account or not. Jk probably wanted an account earlier so he got one earlier.

For all we know, Twice could have individual private accounts.

• well technically not, JK had his account long back, he just verified if recently. I am guessing the BTS members chose to have account or not. Jk probably wanted an account earlier so he got one earlier.

For all we know, Twice could have individual private accounts.

Which one did he have?

Anyways it was not an official one.

Twice might also not want private accounts as you really can face a lot of sh*t from the public.

• BTS shouldn’t be an example, they are literally the biggest boy band in the world and also female idols have a shorter lifespan in the industry compared to male idols so very wrong comparison besides all twice counterparts have opened insta accounts.

Ok so what are we discussing if they have one?

Anywas 🥳

• BTS shouldn’t be an example, they are literally the biggest boy band in the world and also female idols have a shorter lifespan in the industry compared to male idols so very wrong comparison besides all twice counterparts have opened insta accounts.

I think while twice may not have gp popularity as much once is a strong fandom. While they can't compare to bts I still think we don't have to worry much about twices lifespan. As long as they are together and promoting they will have solid sales andsuccess. .

I do hope twice will get better promotions tough. But honestly there is nothing much any of us can do.

• Which one did he have?

Anyways it was not an official one.

Twice might also not want private accounts as you really can face a lot of sh*t from the public.

it's his abced(I don't know the rest lol, it's so long and random). When the whole bts insta thing came out it was revealed Jk's wasn't a new account.

• My problem is some onces trying to act like it’s all right , with things like our girls are popular in other countries more than some gg members well yes as the members of 2nd biggest Kpop gg is expected but your girls are not trendy it girls or individual brand on their own that they could have been . Fight for your girls rights

THIS

like they'll defend JYP for overworking Twice and not leaving them any viable career outside the group but go psycho if the albums are understocked :pepefacepalm:

• *GOT7

And, yeah, I don't know what this crazy chain is JYP wants to have locked around Twice.

A lot of Once make the excuse, "What if the girls don't want that?"

Even when they clearly state that some of these things they do want. It's RIDICULOUS that Nayeon just now got her solo CFs. It's RIDICULOUS that it took until 2021 for Sana and Dahyun to have their own solo CFs. It's RIDICULOUS that Jihyo does not have a OST. It's RIDICULOUS that JYP turned down television cameos for Jeongyeon. It's RIDICULOUS that Tzuyu only got her first solo photo shoot in 2021.

I don't know wtf JYP is thinking in terms of Twice. But they need to get their head out of their ass. Thankfully contract renewals are coming up, and the girls are 7 year veterans. In the coming year or so, we shall see what they really wanted and didn't want.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• I hate JYP shooters for real y’all telling me a group which debuted 7 yo doesn't want have to career outside of their career. The girls always look happy whenever they get a solo shoot. If y’all can’t understand it’s sad. And whenever onces will call out JYPE they will pull the same essay about the fact Jihyo told they wanted to promote as solo when it was like 4 yo ago???/€:

Momo has to ask her staffs to make an IG acc for Boo, is that freedom. Some rookies group get solo acc because companies know IG is the easiest way to gain quick money.

BP were a 2 yo rookie group when they had an IG acc and now look at them now they are making banks 🏦

• I think while twice may not have gp popularity as much once is a strong fandom. While they can't compare to bts I still think we don't have to worry much about twices lifespan. As long as they are together and promoting they will have solid sales andsuccess. .

I do hope twice will get better promotions tough. But honestly there is nothing much any of us can do.

this is just an example of how low expectations have gotten

at one point Twice was leagues above everyone else in terms of GP popularity, even much higher selling BGs

u r m o m g a y

1e1282e4806e9f6f1080ccc53055ea21c0a98974.gifv6cc52730ebd88d19753cac6a9c1436f129e99705.gifv

• I've been saying this many times JYP wants to make Twice into a brand meaning the name Twice will be bigger and will have more weight than the members so that the girls will be nothing without the brand of Twice attached to them so if they want to keep their fame for a little bit longer they'll have no choice but to stay

Exactly people are saying but twice will sell well okay but at this point the group brand name is bigger than the girlies which isn’t a good thing.

People think the members will get the same hype once they disband or whatever they do on the future if they start on solo career they will end as the girls from twice.

• The thing about it is that this time last year when Ahgases were hoping that GOT7 would finally leave JYP and pointing out all the shitty ways they and other groups have been treated, we were told "oh but it's not like that because..." now that they're out and you can actually see them doing the things they were denied, it becomes clear.

I swear it's like YG and JYP decided to do social experiments with Twice and Blackpink. JYP is taking steps in the right direction with Twice, but I wish they would take their foot off the gas pedal in terms of group comebacks and let them stretch a little. Let them do some features or collabs.

Someone brought up BTS which is a valid point, but you also have to remember that for them BigHit also launched Weverse two years ago and one of it's biggest draws was that it was basically BTS's only personal social media account. I feel like the fact that Seventeen got their individual IG accounts back was the first test to see if part of the userbase would peel off if they started using other platforms.

• The foreigners will find it tough to get kdrama roles as lead actress obviously. what else is there? solo music like blackpink? well that's only for koreans probably jihyo,nayeon and chaeyoung. Brand deals? Are all of them going to get one? because it's the brands who decide not jyp. Tzuyu can't have a career in china even though that was supposed to be the future for her. Something to think about. I can see some members getting nothing.

Momo, Sana, and Mina could probably still promote in Japan if that's what they wanted. Sana can have brand deals in Korea and Japan. Nayeon, Sana, Jihyo, Jeongyeon, and Dahyun are already advertising for brand companies unofficially. Nayeon, Sana, Jihyo, and Dahyun with official deals. That's 5/9 members. Korea still loves Tzuyu, so she could probably get another brand deal if JYP wanted it. Chaeyoung has had probably the second most photo shoots after Nayeon, so there is some interest in her as well.

And Dahyun could definitely go into MCing full time. There are also collaborations, guest appearances, and what not.

Twice is still the highest selling girl group in Korea. If idol members from midtier groups have no issue promoting, I'm sure the majority of Twice members have the opportunities to peel off into different areas.

The only members I am unsure about are Momo and Mina because Momo's main interest has always been dancing (which she could probably go into choreography, but that's not actively promoting). She would be great for one of the idol shows. And, Mina has a very unique and soothing voice, but I am unsure if she wants to pursue going solo. Any one of the girls could go solo right now and sell well for a female solo artist, but since she is Japanese, I am not sure how a solo career would look for her.

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

Edited once, last by keyboardwarrior7 ().

• It's not even sure if all TWICE members will extend their contracts, seeing how multiple members needed to take a break. I think that's the whole reason why JYPE are launching so many girl groups in only a few years: to cover the losses when they can't (fully) rely on TWICE anymore for a big chunk of their revenues.

Before TWICE, JYPE were on a decline. It was TWICE that gave JYPE that much needed boost to recovery.

As for the individual members, if they want to pursue personal careers - like GOT7 wanted and like members of other girl groups get - it'd be good if they started with it when the group's still popular, and not after they left.

Luckily enough the ending of a contract also means the idols themselves, at least those who want to stay, have a stronger position for renegotiation.

A problem is that except for Suzy, JYPE don't have that much experience nor that much of a good history of successfully promoting the individual careers of the members of their groups. So in order to have their individual career lift off more, they might have to join another company, but in order to have a good start of their personal career, they have to start with it while their group is still popular, meaning while they're still with JYPE. A conundrum.

Ironically, there have been quite some Once who've admitted that they wouldn't mind the whole group staying together at JYPE, even when it meant their individual careers get stifled, as long at it means they'd keep getting their TWICE songs as fans.

JYPE as a company has undergone quite some changes over the years, to adapt. Some of those changes have helped the company to survive and to gain more revenues. We'll see if and how they keep adapting in the upcoming months and years.

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• tzuyu has been most harmed by jype's mismanagement

she was a stellar 'it girl' even until 2020

jype completely ignored her global potential with their bs internal politics

twice is strong enough to thrive as a group even if a few members outshine others

• i think in the first few years i fully believed that jype just didn't want another suzy situation and that was why they stuck to promoting twice as a group but it's become clear since then that they're doing it specifically to stifle their potential as individuals to keep them under jype's thumb and that's complete bs.

i won't blame them if they don't renew and i'll support every member in whatever direction they go. if they decide to renew i hope they only do so in ways that'll benefit them.

ɪ

cf2178e469192fe5d3974a86c101545f41e74afb.gifv

• Yes,

I do think that TWICE, ITZY, NiziU are rich

and I love it.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• i think the koreans can find solo jobs easily but the foreigners are the problem. They will find it difficult to get anything more than a brand deal and is that really enough? They will have to go back to their country but that means away from the group.

I think Sana and Tzuyu have enough popularity in Korea to do fine. They had the benefit of organic popularity and being pushed by JYP in the beginning. I can easily see Sana going into variety. I don't know what route Tzuyu would take in Korea though despite her large popularity since she is kind of shy, so I see your point in that sense. As far as brand deals, yeah, they can be enough if you have enough and they are high profile, which had JYP nurtured Tzuyu, she could have gone that route easily.

As far as them going back to their home countries, we have had 7 years of Twice promoting as OT9. Releasing at least 3 songs a year at MINIMUM. In 2018, they released like 10 MVs. In 2018 ALONE. In 2021, they released like 5? As a fan, I am more than willing to support the girls promoting in their own home countries if that's what they want and if it will benefit them in their careers.

• How are you doing this ive been doing these kind of threads like forever ????

Edited once, last by Ves: This is not the appropriate space to make a complaint. If you have an issue with moderation, please post it in the Ask a Staff thread or DM a member of staff. For clarification, superyeah is not an admin, he is a moderator. ().

• After Somi left JYPE, we went months or even years without any public interaction between Somi and Twice. I remember only Chaeyoung in Somi's YT series and a tabloid pic of them bumping into each other at the airport.

Then something changed towards the end of last year. We saw Somi doing tons of public fanservice with Nayeon and Chaeyoung, taking all sorts of pics together on Insta, mentioning each other, doing multiple tiktok vids, etc. Somi even went so far as to say that Twice members were the only idols she considered as "friends" in the industry.

I posited this as a crackpot tinfoil theory before, and it's 99.9 percent probably just me wishcasting...but what if i told you that Somi is trying to broker a deal to get Nayeon and Chaeyoung and maybe even the rest of Twice to come over to The Black Label if the unthinkable happens and Twice ends up deciding to leave JYPE en masse later this year?

YGE/TBL might be shit for music releases but they've done a great job in marketing and promoting BP as individuals. TBL also seems to be a good fit for talents who want to take more control of their careers. Teddy seems like he wont slave drive you or stifle your creative freedom, but at the same time, you're expected to do more of the heavy lifting in terms of building your career. I think this would appeal to someone like Chaeyoung, who clearly wants to express herself in her own way. Maybe Nayeon feels the same at this point in her life? Maybe some or even all the other members feel the same way?

Plus let's not forget the elephant in the room and why i really want this to happen. Imagine the earthquake shattering headlines this would make in the Kpop world. 8|8|

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Twice and the members ending up at this point has been obvious for a while. Most fans just didn't care until they saw an obvious drop off in popularity both in absolute and relative terms in SK for the group and subsequently the members. A lot of Twice fans on this site back in 2019 didn't agree with Twice doing solo work, but now the group is no longer on top people want change.

JYPE are in a position where they have committed to pushing Twice west which will be dependent on the group brand and staying together, at the expense of promo, time and resources for domestic activities. For solo success they need South Korea more than anything, and then Japan. They either keep trying to expand the group internationally, or bring them back to domestic promotions to build back up their brand there.

JYPE aren't capable of giving them both due to how much more effort it will be to build them up individually again. Note how someone like Jennie can tour a bakery and trend no.1 in SK on Youtube, or Rose doing a cover on a show, whereas a majority of Twice's melody/performance projects with MV's won't even trend at all there. Twice members are off the pace against popular idols in their own gen and the new gen. The work they do individually currently whether it be projects or shoots rarely make any impact/noise outside the fandom, but you know if one of the bigger idols did it there would be.

• Twice and the members ending up at this point has been obvious for a while. Most fans just didn't care until they saw an obvious drop off in popularity both in absolute and relative terms in SK for the group and subsequently the members. A lot of Twice fans on this site back in 2019 didn't agree with Twice doing solo work, but now the group is no longer on top people want change.

JYPE are in a position where they have committed to pushing Twice west which will be dependent on the group brand and staying together, at the expense of promo, time and resources for domestic activities. For solo success they need South Korea more than anything, and then Japan. They either keep trying to expand the group internationally, or bring them back to domestic promotions to build back up their brand there.

JYPE aren't capable of giving them both due to how much more effort it will be to build them up individually again. Note how someone like Jennie can tour a bakery and trend no.1 in SK on Youtube, or Rose doing a cover on a show, whereas a majority of Twice's melody/performance projects with MV's won't even trend at all there. Twice members are off the pace against popular idols in their own gen and the new gen. The work they do individually currently whether it be projects or shoots rarely make any impact/noise outside the fandom, but you know if one of the bigger idols did it there would be.

I only agree with the first part.

But Jennie hits big when she released solo which pushed her a Korea it girl.

Tzuyu was topping Gallup poll she was the #1 visual and her first solo magazine sold out 5 times, she always sells her out her outfits. Tzuyu melody project has like 20M views and 1M likes.

In 2019 nayeon was the highest ranking female idol. A random Christmas cover has over 20M views. When she dropped her magazine shoots with Louis Vuitton nayeon had 100k likes.

Onces always trend the most random things when twice get a solo deals. ?/!€/

Twice has the potential. If nugu idols can bag cf deals, dramas...well twice can do it

Also the comparison with BP is off they are literally bigger than anyone else.

• Jennie was already trending a lot before her solo that was probably the reason why Jennie had her solo early in the first place. Sprite wanted jennie only for example (before her solo) but YG made it a group thingy that's how poular she was back then.

• This thread contains 51 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!