Posts by RunOutOfIdeas

I don't understand anyone that want nj with mhj like even for artistic purposes.

There are two main reasons why that probably happens.

1. MHJ promoted the image of herself as the mentor of NJ so hard that for a lot of people MHJ=NJ and any criticism towards her is received as criticism towards the group. The same thing happened with BTS and Band PD/BigHit. Anything negative opinion about the company was considered an attack towards the group.

Another similarity of the two apart from the huge ego.

2. People simply love chaos or just hate Hybe that much. There are MHJ shooters here who never said anything nice about NJ or hardly ever said anything about them at all until this mess. People who would jump at any controversy like ETA and actually have and people who would undermine their popularity and scream payola when their new song dropped. But the fact that Hybe is involved gives people another reason to support MHJ, all the whole secretly rejoicing in the possibility of this mess negatively affecting NJ career somehow.

There are exceptions of course but for the most part that's why this is happening.

Anyway the reason why I personally believe that Hybe wouldn't go this far if there was no truth in their allegations is that they are very careful with their image.

Instead of going 'Hybe bad because they are ruling over kpop now and their groups are doing better than my faves ' like many kpop fans have been doing. Or instead of going 'Hybe is a great company that can do no wrong,EVAH' like many Hybe stans think, many Armys know that Hybe takes their image way too seriously.

Their ambition and arrogance know no bounds and there have been instances in the past when they took their sweet time to deal with a member controversy but they were quite quick to clear the company or management's name when it was them taking the heat. They have even tried to take the spotlight from BTS when it was not about the company.

Plus, they want this ruling over kpop empire to last so they wouldn't jeopardise it with making false accusations.

Then again, stranger things have happened so you never know but I will be really shocked if what they said turns out to be lies for this specific reason.

Scandals like that show me why I can't leave kpop.

MHJ from a weird woman people even accused of promoting terrorists in her concepts and taking advantage of minors ( even to the point of having p**philic tendencies), turned into a martyr who is witch hunted by a big greedy corporation.

On the other side, MHJ this genius that chose HYBE because she could finally have complete artistic freedom turned into a greedy psycho who wants to bite the hand that feeds her.

This is why I love kpop.

Well, since I am neither a Hybe stan nor a NJ stan, i can't be as emotional as the person who wrote this.

If the deal was for her to own 100% of ADOR, then there must be a document or contract thst proves it. Otherwise it's just her own wishes which didn't come into fruition. You have to have things in writing when it comes to business.

Hybe is indeed greedy and they might put profit on top of everything. I have been saying that for years.

But this extreme idolisation of MHJ as the never seen before in kpop genius whose style won't be found again elsewhere is both funny and cringy to me.

And if she is this genius people make her out to be, and since she has been in the kpop industry for so long, she must know what to do and how to protect her group instead of involving her own groups and risking their image. Something she has already done.

My theory is that their beef has been going on for quite some time. I think they somehow knew what she wanted to do with getting more shares or maybe at some point she used NJ as a leverage to getting more or even staying.

So, Hybe then made Illit to show her that they can have a similar group with similar concept and that they don't actually need her.They deliberately chose that style to prove their point.

Now that Illit has gotten so popular, she involved them so she can turn knetzs against them and hate them.

But what she may not understand that it's more than knetzs or even Korea. With the number of Hybe stans who will take Hybe's side, the fandoms who will get angry if the spreading info rumour is actually true and a big amount of kpop fans waiting for a NJ mess because they are salty they surpassed their faves, things don't look promising for NJ. People have been anxiously waiting for such a chance to bring them down. She is trying to ruin her own group with this mess.

Actually, the fact that both groups are caught in the crossfire in this battle of egos is the saddest thing. They are playing with all the girls' careers for their greed and megalomania.

He gave his WHOLE best with Ssera and Illit already :pepe-just-smile::pepe-just-smile:

don't be delusional :clown:

Girl, BST was a cultural reset in kpop back in 2016. I don't know if you have been long enough in kpop to know stuff but people were shook when it came out. The whole Wings album concept was a masterpiece.

NJ was indeed a breath of fresh air when they debuted after years of girl crush but the y2k style is not something that mind-blowing when it comes to concepts and it has been done before plenty of times. Take several seats.

God, you MHJ shooter made me defend Bang PD. This is not to be born!

Edit: autocorrect sucks.

Usually I would love to see Hybe's greed and arrogance taking some hits but this is not it.

It was a stupid move of MHJ. Yes, NJ got super popular because of her work but they solidified their success by taking advantage of the plentiful Hybe resources. Hell, in some cases they even got a better deal than BTS, who are the reason Hybe can play the kpop overlord now and she had access to all those resources. She should have played her cards more wisely.

NJ leaving with her will be a bad career move for them. The Illit success showed that people can find a similar concept and style elsewhere. Not too mention that the rest of the 4th and 5th ggs are quite strong in their own rights too. Getting involved in a legal case when other ggs are releasing music and being in fans would be catastrophic for them.

For for all my dislike for Bang PD and his megalomania, he can be just as talented when it comes to creating lores and concepts and styles as MHJ is.

Don't forget that he was behind HYYH and the Wings album concept and aesthetics is even his major.

So, if he stops focusing on this taking over kpop scheme of his, he can do wonders with NJ.

It hurts me to praise him but it's the truth.

Anyway, this is exciting enough to bring me back to kpop while waiting for BTS to come back.

Very YG to the point you feel like they have released the same song a dozen times before. A little HYLT, a little D4, a little Shut Down out together and the same changing outro they use in ALL of their songs.

The mv is again very BP like. Nothing original. Even some of the members expressions or enunciation of syllables sound very BP. I know it's the YG style but it feels like they want BP clones.

It will have a lot of views though and it might sell got so YG has no incentive to being something new. They have stuck in the same style for so many years now.

Flop for me I am afraid.

I didn't know anything about this group before watching the mv and I am ashamed to say that I thought of a meme.

'We have New Jeans at home'

The New Jeans at home: see mv

Anyway, I am tragic, I know, but it screams NJ to me. Maybe a more juvenile version of NJ.

The song is decent, easy to listen to but the whole styling and mood was too middle school sleepover so it's not for me.

Blop I guess.

I may be wrong but the fact that they went to Hawaii so soon after their breakup feels deliberate to me. Like he did it on purpose to spite ger knowing Hyeri really likes this place.

I wonder if he didn't expect her to react publicly and for things to go that far.

And HSH should let someone handle this scandal because she is only making things worse.

Unless new info comes to light, it seems to be be that there was something between HSH and that guy around the time the breakup was announced. I won't be surprised if she got to know about it and shot her chance because it does seem that she has been interested in him for a while.

She was also impulsive and thoughtless posting the first story when Hyeri didn't even shade her and she only unfollowed that guy. It was nice of her to acknowledge that she was wrong though in her second post.

All the while he just confirmed and he will most likely wait for the scandal to be forgotten or for the focus to be on the women. Men like that are the worst and Hyeri will be better off without him.

Good luck to HSH because he is not the kind of man that is worth risking a scandal over. He is a coward and not trustworthy.

It's simple. Most young girls have had a weird experience with older men by the time they are 15. For some it starts even earlier.

The lewd or leering looks, the catcalling with disgusting comments. It's such a common phenomenon that like it's sad rite of passage into young womanhood.

So, it's no surprise there are plenty of young girls who feel uncomfortable with so many men there, both for themselves and their favorite idols, having gone through such experiences.