Are you surprised Ive beat Aespa, Itzy, Nmixx,… in international digitals with Love Dive?

• So Ive’s Love Dive reaches #12 on Apple Music Global, and the only Kpop songs that chart higher are Bts, Blackpink songs.

#2 dynamite, butter, permission to dance

#3 sour candy

#6 boy with luv, how you like that

#8 ice cream

#11 life goes on

#12 my universe, love dive

Are you surprised it’s not Aespa, Nmixx, Itzy, Stayc but Ive that is killing in international digitals right now? Eleven also sets some records too when it comes to Spotify/Apple Music charting.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Its good pop songs that doesnt have weird element but still refreshing and not generic

winning formula

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• But why so? What about their music make them more appealing than Aespa/Itzy/Nmixx when they are from bigger companies?

Their music is very catchy and easy to listen to. It's also the type of music you can put on repeat all day but still get a fresh feeling from the next day.

• i'm not because if i like their songs, and i don't usually like gg songs, everyone likes them lol

catchy pop songs without weird elements and rap talking appeal to the western market. i don't have apple music but i stream them on spotify, love all of their four songs

• I liked their first single ep (take it more than eleven). I don’t like their second single ep. Maybe I need to listen to it again

• Nope

Like others have mentioned,their music is pure pop goodness.They have a very trendy,urban feel to them so ofc that's gonna easily appeal to many people.

Nevertheless,the fact that this is coming from a non-big4 group while the competition is so fierce is impressive.Ive are single-handedly revitalizing Starship's old fame and we love to see it.

• Anyone has data from which countries most of their streams from Spotify are coming from? I've been wondering about it since Eleven.

Love Dive 2nd day, hope this help

External Content twitter.com

• Love Dive 2nd day, hope this help

Thank you!

Huh, so SEA too also for them with addition of Australia and Canada. :pepe-notes:

• Anyone has data from which countries most of their streams from Spotify are coming from? I've been wondering about it since Eleven.

Japan, Indonesia and the Philippines. The 3 countries accounted for more than 50 percent of the streams. This data for Eleven only.

• 1) great songs

2) each girls give a unique flavour to the song and the producers know which girls to sing a part to give the most impact.

3) the girls have stage presence and their facial expressions are usually on point, I never seen a rookie group being so strong and confident in front of the camera (maybe itzy too)

4) the dance are interesting but not try hard (they match the song)

• no i think it's pretty normal, they are the group who release the most generic songs ( not in a bad way)

so it's more easy to target a larger audiencein comparison of other GG who focus on trying to buil a signature sound

for example Aespa and Nmixx with their music genre are targetting a niche, it was obvious that they'll not reach every people

Itzy too with their concept and songs sometimes get a more restricted market

and in the case of StayC, they are the one who are the closest to IVE sound, but they doesn't have a big company neither 2 members from Izone to give them the exposure that Ive have

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from Chill Kill #aespa from Chill Kill

• Whoever has been running Starship from Sistar to IVE really needs to be awarded some credit. There's really no reason they couldn't have just ran with the trends like all the other companies and churned out a variation of what is considered popular in the market (the noise music, for example), but they didn't.

It doesn't feel like they are chasing some kind of gimmick to capture or attention, just good old pop music. It reminds me of the Western celebrities like Doja Cat.

I started to wonder how come it was Doja Cat could put out 10 different tracks and no matter what, I would find them all enjoyable; meanwhile, Kpop idols are out here scrambling over themselves just to find a single track that will capture the attention of fans and the general public, and every comeback they must face this hovering fear that the track might not do so well and the group will start a downward spiral into irrelevancy. Like why is that?

Why are western celebrities so consistent with quality and Kpop idols feel like each comeback is like trying to carefully disarm a bomb?

I feel like whatever it is, Starship is operating in that same sense and it's working wonders for IVE.

• I can say the same thing with STAYC.

Both have a typical pop sounds which is easier to vibe like unlike the majority of KPOP songs you don’t need to listen the song 6172x to grow on you.

• I can say the same thing with STAYC.

Both have a typical pop sounds which is easier to vibe like unlike the majority of KPOP songs you don’t need to listen the song 6172x to grow on you.

Eleven was grower though, the slow down part in particular. When it first came out everyone was complaining. But generally, yeah, it was a lot more typical than most Kpop songs that are just trying to feed catchy hooks and become an earworm. But even so, if being a typical pop song without all the noise was enough to chart, more Kpop groups would be in the top 10 like Fromis 9 or Oh My Girl with their real love. Meanwhile groups like Aespa or Itzy still manage to chart better than 90% of the idol industry even with their "niche" sound.

There has to be a quality to it, to which I think both IVE as well as StayC manage to have (and they are both under Kakao). Not just typical pop songs, but good ones. But chosing what is a good pop song and what isn't seems to be where Western pop artists thrive and Kpop idols stumble.

It feels like Western celebrities prioritize quality while Kpop idols just overthink, throw everything at the board and just hopes something sticks, and for them a lot of the times it usually does, which seems to be why that kind of mix match music has gotten so popular among idols.

Meanwhile western celebrities can't count on a huge fandom streaming or purchasing their albums regardless of what they put out. On top of it, their fans aren't afraid to tell them their music sucks if it does.

Not sure if this makes sense, I don't think I really organized my thoughts here well enough, but the point is in there, somewhere.

• Love Dive 2nd day, hope this help

I can say the same thing with STAYC.

I can't agree here I tried so hard to get into StayC music but I can't I think theing songs aren't that catchy or IDK but I can't get into their ssongs

• the thing is they are not doing girl crush nor cutesy cute concept

they are more like mature, elegant while still keeping it sparkly, fresh and youthful which helps them to stand out and bring different vibe

also starship seems to be working with western producers? their songs are well produced, and they seem to be taking bits from bollywood songs,

but still amazed how well they're doing

only one complaint tho, i don't really like their outfits

hope starship stay consistent

• I'm not surprised people forget that sistar came from starship and released bops they also appeal to international fans

and I wouldn't consider starship a small company either they are mid sized company not that far off from the big3/big4

You touched on a good point but i think you're still underestimating Starshit's power and leverage. Frankly, they should be considered a Big 4 company. Kakao owns them, and Kakao is bigger than all the Big 4 combined.

• People say its because they don't do experimental music like JYP/SM ggs but then why aren't stayc (group that makes friendly pop music), idle (rock/punk sound which is trendy rn) or even weeekly after AS hype doing as good? I think is more than just music , IVE have the perfect high teen concept (kinda like bp, pretty girls with luxury and expensive outfits) plus the current it girl and good promotions, so people can't help but pay attention to their releases

• This thread contains 36 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!