Posts by KangK

Regarding to LTS MV, they really butcher it lol. I can't. I understand they wanted to go for the dated feeling, but the filter make it look so grainy and blurry. SM is so incompetent.

From MV

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

From direct shot

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

So Life's too short stream is out. It did worst than Illusion even consider it has more favorable circumstances such as being promoted as a Prerelease song with MV and stuff.

There you have it. It's not rocket science to figure out why. People just don't like the song just like recent Kep1er song. There is no mystery why.

For these 4 Gent GG, they don't have large enough fandom to back them up if a song not trendy, so most of them rely on the casual kpop listeners.

I have predicted this in the main thread that this song will not do well globally. It's a dated boring generic english song. People listen to kpop because it is kpop, not because it is in English and easy to listen.

So yea, like I said, it does not matter the amount of playlisting and ad if people don't like your song they will not stream it. Another thing that might affect the first day was because many people have heard it months before.

Either way, I don't think it will have longevity either even it releases after coachella. SM is totally clueless and it shows.

Regarding to ad, JYP also uses it for for Nayeon but it does not matter. people are tuning for her song and it shows.

Aespa use ad. No question about it so is everyone elese except BTS, Blackpink, Twice and maybe a few others.

I see ad as a way of promoting songs just like play listing on spotify. Sure you can get the initial huge boost but what matter in the end is consistently of streams. In the end, it does not matter, we will know which song do better.

Take a look at Love Dive and Tomboy for example. Both use ads, but both manage to do decently as of today as compare to many songs with ads and drop off.

Judging from the comments and likes, there is no doubt POP is a more popular song and will overtake Life's too short on YouTube.

This one's a blop for me. If I cracked on Fearless for being generic, this is just as generic. It's well made and they sound pretty but this type of thing isn't what I'm into aespa for. I think they would've been better served to go with a badass gurls concept to shoot at the American market..

:pepe-narrow-eyes:

Agree 100 percent and this is bother me because SM seems to to think this kinda sound would be great for American market. If they think aespa Title song would bit hard for the market to digest, then they could have went with this demo instead.

External Content youtu.be

I heard SM rejected this song for aespa Savage album. This would have been a great song with aespa vocals and a few tweaks here and there.

It's rising.

This is a good sign.

Nothing great so far.

Life's too Short is an english track so of course it won't do as well as korean tracks on charts.

L&R debuted at 9 on Melon but its 23 now, its performing the best rn.

I have already expressed my opinion on life's too short on the main thread. I mean it is a cute song, but it is too basic and boring. Nothing standout from the song. And if you listen to the korean version you know how korean feel about it.

I don't even think this song will do well internationally. SM does not know how to appeal to the International market even their lives depends on it. I mean the song is so dated.

Like, they should hire a consultant for mainstream pop music if they wish to push aespa internationally with English songs. I think GIRLS fake leak song could have done much better than this in both korea and internationally for a prerelease single.

External Content youtu.be

I don’t get how he can rank so high on Gallup but it seems like there’s barley any people waiting for his song? Especially if it already is out of melon

Yea. Barely anybody streams his MV. it has like 42k. I don't get it though. His show has pretty good views.

This is so bizarre. Korean public is moving on from him? Seem like it.

Interesting that Lee Mujin did not do well, and it already felt out of the top 100 on Melon. His song is pretty good and fit the korean taste. Wow, K-chart is pretty volatile.

I guess nobody is guaranteed to chart well especially to top the chart when their previous performances were stellar.

the lyrics are so basic it made me laugh. I get the message of the song but i'm expecting more from aespa. Give us the bops. I don't really like how sm is promoting them.

They could have choose a more interesting song i guess. It is a cute song but yea, its not that memorable. Miss opportunity maybe.

Unrelated topic. One thing interesting that I notice Korean only like BTS English songs. I don't think there were any idol English song that did good on the chart.

OK here what I am gona say. The uptake in sale this year is not due to Jewel version or Digipact. Sure, it had some impacted, but the majority is due to something else. I think multiple version is a better argument than this.

OK, I got many examples, but i will list 1 here. Red Velvet have the same price for their last 2 releases. No digipact on the new release, but they double their sale somehow.

Wait a minute. Did somebody say they expected all 4th gent gg will sell more than twice? I am talking about a single comeback here, overall is out of the question for all GG.

What is this new found confident? Just because aespa sold over 1 mil? There is a reason aespa can come close to Twice sale. You know what? I expected Twice to sell at at least 1.5 mil for their next comeback. Let me remind you, Twice sold 900k in 2021 and they have not comeback in 2022 yet.

I have said many time, 2022 is the boom year for most groups. Any group that has comeback recently won't see the same significant jump from 2021 to 2022 for their next comeback. There is a saturation point, and 2022 is the year. So No, I don't see any 4th Gent GG surpass Twice sale soon except maybe aespa will be close.