Is it safe to say that Aespa and Enhypen are the leaders of 4th gen?

• tokyorv

Changed the title of the thread from “Is it safe to say Aespa and Enhypen are the leaders of 4th gen?” to “Is it safe to say that Aespa and Enhypen are the leaders of 4th gen?”.
  • Nothing is safe to say in kpop

People come after you for saying whatever

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• again the premise of the question is wrong assuming you want a decent answer

the correct question to be posed as always is

what are the factors and criteria that should be considered when determining whether a group is leading or otherwise and the weight of those factors

• It’s not safe. You better hide soon before this thread implodes. :p :P

• no one is safe tbh. 😂. I’ll wait after a yr or two when touring starts to say who’s who for bg but now , ill say top tier is SKZ, TXT and Enhypen.

For GG, I’ll wait for new YG and New Hybe GG groups if they have a chance for obvious reasons. Usually the best comes from those two. Best Boy group- BTS and Best GG - BP. But right now top tier is Itzy, Aespa & perhaps Ive? But I have a feeling the best GG will come from either Hybe or YG if they launch their GG this yr.

• For Aespa yes it's safe, they got 3 hits in just 1 year, become the 4th gen GG with the most award in a short amount of time, best selling album from a 4th gen GG and they break a lot of records for 4th gen group and for Kpop group overall.

No 4th Gen group have been as successfull in all these years than Aespa was in just 1 year

For BG there's no leader yet

Skz (1.3M) sale more than Enhypen (1.2M)

The boyz are doing better in digital than Enhypen

SKZ have more awards than Enhypen

TXT & SKZ are doing better than Enhypen on youtube

and TXT is also doing better than Enhypen on billboard

and they lack of recognition among the GP in contrary of The Boyz for example, i know Juyeon get a lot of attention for his visual for example

seems like Enhypen doesn't have a big advantage in comparison of other BG, so i think it's weird to consider them as the leader of 4th gen BG

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON

• as of now yes cuz aespa has no competition and all the other agencies have either fading groups (jyp) or no group at all (yg, hybe)

I'm afraid aespa will end up like twice (not that twice if a failure absolutely no they are a top group) but you know how i mean this.

With all the daesangs and so but still was lacking something to get a step higher.

I hope not but idk i get a feeling about aespa

Aespa felt fresh to people just like how itzy felt fresh until aespa debuted and i'm afraid the situation reocvurs once hybe or yg brings out their groups. Or nmixx do wonders

But yes as of now aespa is the top gg for 4th gen but without competition

• This ain't happening tho

I don't see any hype in Stray Kids, TXT and Enhypen

Omega X is the next 4th gen leader 177794-sexyhedgehog110-gif

• Aespa is not safe since two of the biggest company is yet to launch their new gg. YG is known for launching extra ordinary gg like BP and 2NE1 while everyone is anticipating new Hybe GG. The hype will be higher than ever when they debut.Aespa achieved a lot in a yr but new GG from Hybe or YG can also achieve that since none from gg really have an established international market. Itzy is still better than aespa on that. They need 2 more cb with physical sales to see if they will be the next BP with international popularity & charm.

On Enhypen,they are not yet on top but the potential is big. They are still a one yr old grp compared to TXT ( almost 2 yrs older than them) and SKZ ( 3yrs older) , The Boyz( 4 yrs older?) and yet their physical sales in Gaon ( shipment) is second to SKZ, 1st in Hanteo ( first ever to reach 1M sales in Hanteo for all 4th Gen), they have less awards obviously since they are younger. Txt & SKZ have more social media followers but EN are not far behind esp. social engagements. They topped it last yr among 4th gen in Twiter. YT views is the only area that are mediocre for them but likes and followers are high . On other metrics, their spotify streams ( biggest music platform globally) are also high accross all credits— fastest to reach 700 Million for kpop groups and can be the fastest to reach 1 billion streams for kpop acts. Highest and the only 4th Gen groups to reach 8million monthly listeners and still peaking. 4th overall for all kpop groups next to BTS, BP and Twice. Other charts- BB Album achievements - 3albums out of 4 charted, 2 for Txt , None for SKZ yet. Charted in is US BB200 3 out of 4 albums. Charted in 8/10 top music industry. Joined BTS and BP to ever chart in multiple weeks in French Album chart and only 4th gen to achieve it. Oh what else, they are doing great in Japan for all their albums. Earning 12million dollars in 2021 in Japan alone . Charted in Japan as well. Their latest digital Japanese song is charting in Line music #1 -196 hrs and still charting, 2nd overall for longest to chart.. Longest to chart among Kpop artists is 256 hours BTS ( Permission to Dance) . They can break this if they continue to chart for 2 more days. It’s also num 4 in JP BB Hot 100 & # 3 in Oricon weekly chart.

Also, Enhypen including all BG are not really charting that high in SK but their Polariod Love started to get notice . It’s highest daily chart is not that far from Txt after Melon reform. I think BG does not need to be as famous as GG in SK. They just need to decently chart in the future. Perhaps, enter top 100 or Top 50 as long as their global popularity is growing esp in Japan.

For now, I agree it is still SKZ but it can be easily snatch by either Txt or Enhypen

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com

Edited once, last by Jackah ().

• no for neither

not for aespa cause there's still many new girlgroups debuting

no for enhypen cause they, txt and skz are close

enhypen had the most growth last year so if it stays like this, they'll have a chance

• im tired of people trying to pass off the boyz as a 4th gen group. they debuted in 2017!

Why would this make you tired :cryingr:

People obsessing over generations, where are the lines and what belongs where all the time, smh.

As The Boyz fan, I literally don't care in what gen people put them.

• This thread contains 17 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!