What are your honest thoughts on Hybe’s music?

• I’ll choose the groups with musical input from Bang PD, Txt, Enhypen, Bts. I’ve seen lots of praises for all three for flawless discography and lyrics. Also, people never seem to complain about Bang Pd ‘s production compared to Teddy’s repetitiveness, Sm’s weird music or JYP’s songs for Twice and Itzy. So what do you think? Does Hybe(Bang Pd groups) have flawless music?

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I like some of it and find some of it to be quite bland.

• like some dislike some

like with everything in life lol

• TXT are consistent with their output. And Enhypen to an extent as well.

Rest are inconsistent (including SVT).

SVT, ever since, joining Hybe have become inconsistent with their music output. Idk if it's a coincidence or not.

As for autotune/Vocal Overprocessing,

It's just disastrous in some places (Eg. Magic, Black Swan, 2 Enhypen songs which i can't remember the names of) imo. TXT better reduce that.. Because it will hurt their disco in the long run.

That's basically it.

I love Pikachu.

Always have, Always will.

"Pika-Pi"

• I think in general they have great production and I’m a big fan of their group’s discographies, but I do feel like some times the over processed auto tune is a little more apparent then the other companies on average and can get in the way of their actual voices, which are beautiful. There are a few songs where it’s hard for me to even differentiate some of Enhypen’s voices for example, despite me knowing all of them very well.

• they have some really great in house producers ie bang pd, slow rabbit, pdogg, MY MAIN MAN el capitxn, hiss noise... wish they would involve less outside resources or at the very least curate it a bit more. it kinda feels like they take stuff thrown at them sometimes, especially from western producers.

i'm honestly not fazed by the supposedly massive autotune... when i do notice it in excess it just feels deliberate.

bts to me have the best discography in kpop and I feel like such a company stan, but txt is right behind them.

• each Hybe group has a different sound and concept. Even the groups themselves have different sounds so to pick one and label it as all Hybe music is silly. I think the people that think Hybe only makes autotune music listened to Cat&Dog and Mic Drop and ran with it (even though autotune is apart of a bunch of different forms of musical art and a everyone uses it. They just pick of Hybe because Hybe is a big company with big artists. Also Cat&Dog and Mic Drop were using autotune for the sound and concept of the songs. Doesn't mean Seventeen is suddenly adding autotune to everything they do). Autotune isn't a bad thing it's a form of music whether you like it or not, people have been using it for decades. I sure hope u don't listen to western artists because the auotone is more present than the actual beat/j

• they have some really great in house producers ie bang pd, slow rabbit, pdogg, MY MAIN MAN el capitxn, hiss noise... wish they would involve less outside resources or at the very least curate it a bit more. it kinda feels like they take stuff thrown at them sometimes, especially from western producers.

i'm honestly not fazed by the supposedly massive autotune... when i do notice it in excess it just feels deliberate.

bts to me have the best discography in kpop and I feel like such a company stan, but txt is right behind them.

FINALLY EL CAPITXN GETTING HIS DUES!!!! HE'S AMAZING!

BTS and TXT yasss best discographies. You have tasteeeee

:pepe-toast:

• I agree with others in saying that for music style HYBE doesn't have a particular one. Most of their groups sound different. They are still a young company IMO hence.

But they have great in house producers which they don't utilize to the best extent and go for more western ones for what reason I don't know.

El capitxn, Hiss Noise, Adora(who left), Slow Rabbit and even Supreme boi made great songs.

PDogg might need some brushing up though lol :pepe-peek::pepe-tongue:

The best music from HYBE groups for me is, of course, my faves BTS, no one can match the number of bops they have.

• First of all BTS music sounds nothing like the other hybe groups or the rest of kpop. (And thankfully so)

That is explained easily by how the members are involved in the writing, composing and producing process. My favorite songs from them are songs with heavy involvement from the members.

The other hybe groups ( mainly txt and enha cuz i hardly listened to the rest) sound like typical kpop noise to me and their discography as a whole (at least majority of the songs i heard) lacks heart as u would expect when members are not involved in the majority of it. The use of autotune also makes it that u can't distinguish who sings tbh and it became very distracting.

Also, I don't like pdogg now. He was good once upon a time.

• I think BTS still has the best music in kpop, there's no one in kpop that can challenge them when it comes to good music imo, despite the fact that lately some of the Western producers songs didn't age well to me.

I definitely believe that if they use the members' music more, it will be much better. I will take Seesaw over MIR every single day.

And no more PTD please. BTS can do bright pop songs with character, not this mess.

And less autotune. They need to use it way less. Although that's a Hybe thing, but please, they need to stop.

I used to like TXT's music more in the past. I think Crown was a perfect song and they had great bsides but I don't like the past few albums style and neither any tt after Blue Hour.

The use of the autotune has got worse too.

I don't know much about Enhyphen. They do have a few good songs. Drunk Dazed was perfection.

I used to like SVT more. Aju nice was a favorite back then and I had watched all the performance of the songs. I never liked their besides though, not for me. And despite the fact that they are great performers, I don't find their music interesting.

• I get the autotune argument but it's not a problem for all songs. For the rest, they have different music.

The only thing I'm meh as a bts and txt fan is the tendency (looking at you pdogg and slow rabbit) to do songs that are not in comfortable range, especially the choruses while the choreography is still high level. I know pdogg himself admitted to liking higher tone in songs so I know he's guilty lol.

Not every members have the same range, some have a beautiful lower voice that's not exploited well.

• what txt and enhypen songs are considered noise by you??

Anyways, I don't really think hybe has a specific sound, all of their groups have a different sound they're going for. Enhypen's music is my favorite though, they don't have a skip song or a bad one so it's >> for me. I really like txt and bts' music too but their older releases are better to me than their newer ones

• Txt and En- have similar ish styles but bts has a different music style altogether because they've been there the longest.

The processing for all the gorups are now so similar though that it stands out as a Hybe thing. I personally don't like it. It's like they took out the one thing that makes it really resonate with people and what we're left with is catchy pop music. I listen to all of them and like them a lot but there's definitely a difference.

Also because hybe gets a lot of their music from western producers the songs tend to sound more like American pop music circa 2013. Txt music sound a lot like one direction actually. Very different to the rest of kpop.

• This thread contains 93 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!