Do you think people are missing the point or are GP99 PDs to blame for the hate against Bahiyyih for 'not giving her enough screen time'

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I kind of don't think this is it but I've seen a lot of people say it?

"Girls Planet 999" PDs Ask Fans To Stop Hating On Kep1er's Huening Bahiyyih
    Posted in r/kpop by u/_Mikan_ • 20 points and 7 comments
    www.reddit.com

The PDs came out and asked for the haters to back off and said she made it on her own merit and people are mad at the PDs regardless

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
    mKl7Ghm.png
    Flower field, that's where I'm at. Open land, that's where I'm at.

• she got enough screentime early when it was most important

Sunmi mentioned facts right away

then we saw Huening Kai talking

+ she didn't got any evil edits

for me that's really enough

External Content www.youtube.com

• I mean it's just a fact that she got all those votes because of her brother. There's no logical explanation that would explain her leaping to 2nd place and getting more votes than any other contestants. And this dude shot himself in the foot saying "well its our fault we didn't give her screen time." To me, that sounds like proof she didn't really deserve all those votes and got in because of her brother, confirming our suspicions all along

But I don't care. I knew this would happen even before the show started. Nobody is saying she was rigged in, she did earn those votes. She just didn't really deserve them. It's up to her now to work hard in Kep1er to prove she deserves to be there.

• is this man secretly her anti??? Saying something like that is just fanning the flames, especially when they themselves went out of their way to give her as little screen time as possible.

I think it's good he spoke out on her behalf, but he should have put more thought into what he was going to say about the situation. Instead of spouting that obvious lie, he should have deflected to things more about her character and asking fans to give her a chance and to remind them that she is a human being that will be hurt by their comments. If there is one thing everyone can agree on, is that the situation was out of her control.

• is this man secretly her anti??? Saying something like that is just fanning the flames, especially when they themselves went out of their way to give her a little screen time as possible.

I think it's good he spoke out on her behalf, but he should have put more thought into what he was going to say about the situation.

I mean it's just a fact that she got all those votes because of her brother. There's no logical explanation that would explain her leaping to 2nd place and getting more votes than any other contestants. And the PDs shoot themselves in the foot saying "well its our fault we didn't give her screen time." To me, that sounds like proof she didn't really deserve all those votes and got in because of her brother

But I don't care. I knew this would happen even before the show started. Nobody is saying she was rigged in, she did earn those votes. She just didn't really deserve them. It's up to her now to work hard in Kep1er to prove she deserves to be there.

From my understanding, that's not what either of the PDs said. One said that she charmed not just the global fans but the show's staff and that even they could see she has a lot of potential and appeal. He also asked the fans to support the whole group and that the hate could negatively affect them, especially her and that the debut team has been confirmed so the nonsense should stop.

The other PD said that initially, 100k girls applied for this show and that all of the 99 contestants were deserving and made it through to the show because they had their strengths and that any trainee that debuted would've deserved their debut because they all deserved to be there, have talents, charms and worked hard. He also expressed his wish for the fans to support the debuting team.

The screen time thing is something that the fans have said.

mKl7Ghm.png

• I'll be watching out for this group. I want to see her perform a bit before I make a statement. I noticed I lot of people comment on her lack of stage presence. Anyone have any links from her on the show performing? Or any songs to look up?

• Poor girl

So what if people notice her bc of her brother?

It’s the same everywhere…people in all industries notice family of talents…they might not be better than the next person but they are noticed and thus are chosen.

Doesnt mean they didnt work for it🤷‍♀️

She has the same peculiar look as Kai. So if they think he is cute, they’ll think she is cute.

• I'll be watching out for this group. I want to see her perform a bit before I make a statement. I noticed I lot of people comment on her lack of stage presence. Anyone have any links from her on the show performing? Or any songs to look up?

She's definitely talented

mKl7Ghm.png

• From my understanding, that's not what either of the PDs said. One said that she charmed not just the global fans but the show's staff and that even they could see she has a lot of potential and appeal. He also asked the fans to support the whole group and that the hate could negatively affect them, especially her and that the debut team has been confirmed so the nonsense should stop.

The other PD said that initially, 100k girls applied for this show and that all of the 99 contestants were deserving and made it through to the show because they had their strengths and that any trainee that debuted would've deserved their debut because they all deserved to be there, have talents, charms and worked hard. He also expressed his wish for the fans to support the debuting team.

Right but what do you think they're gonna say. We agree with fans she has no charisma, isn't very talented, and didn't deserve her spot. Of course they are gonna be like yeah she earned it.

It's nice that they're defending her, but we're not idiots. tbh they can't say anything that will change anyone's minds, especially the people who are angry she got in.

• Right but what do you think they're gonna say. We agree with fans she has no charisma, isn't very talented, and didn't deserve her spot. Of course they are gonna be like yeah she earned it.

It's nice that they're defending her, but we're not idiots. tbh they can't say anything that will change anyone's minds, especially the people who are angry she got in.

No I'm just saying they didn't say it's their fault that she's getting hate because they didn't give her enough screen time, that's what some fans are accusing them of doing, but what the PDs said is what I wrote.

mKl7Ghm.png

• From my understanding, that's not what either of the PDs said. One said that she charmed not just the global fans but the show's staff and that even they could see she has a lot of potential and appeal. He also asked the fans to support the whole group and that the hate could negatively affect them, especially her and that the debut team has been confirmed so the nonsense should stop.

Well okay. That does sound a lot better.

• Right but what do you think they're gonna say. We agree with fans she has no charisma, isn't very talented, and didn't deserve her spot. Of course they are gonna be like yeah she earned it.

Imo she has stage presence, charisma and a look that says brain.

• I don't understand why it's okay for idols to go to these shows but for idols' siblings it's a crime? People need to leave this girl alone, she's not better or worse than your most average idol which is completely fine. All the hate she's getting it's ridiculous.

• Yeah I already know how the story would have been if she got more screentime, hating on her because she is only getting screentime because of her brother and that they are trying to push her because of it. People just wanted to hate on her because they have taken it on her, she had no way of winning in this situation.

Like people should shut up already, it's been a week the line-up is not going to change, stan the 9 girls or go, nobody is forcing you to stan the group.

526d260695f1e6be7fc576a759a81ce9eccaa866.gifv8f41e2de19fd3e53503e1f9bbaecb661064e5000.gifv0a61d4ea7129206fb3db97ab12f606316444f603.gifv

I'm throwing you away for keeping me locked up

• Yeah I already know how the story would have been if she got more screentime, hating on her because she is only getting screentime because of her brother and that they are trying to push her because of it. People just wanted to hate on her because they have taken it on her, she had no way of winning in this situation.

Like people should shut up already, it's been a week the line-up is not going to change, stan the 9 girls or go, nobody is forcing you to stan the group.

I agree with this. No matter what she was gonna get hate, even if she was objectively the most talented. I'm not hating her and I'm definitely going to stan this lineup. I think some people are crossing the line with hate. However, based on my observations, her placement was not justified.

• Never take what is said by these Corporate types at face value, Mnet has hardly proven they are remotely trustworthy

This feels to me like a desperate attempt to create an excuse narrative for when this group isn't as successful as previous Produce Groups that doesn't hurt Mnet's bottom line, i.e. "it isn't because of us at Mnet that the most recent group wasn't as much of a financial boom you investors were expecting, you can still trust us financially into the future, it is just online hate mobs towards one of the contestants is why, totally random and nothing to do with us"

Ratings are way down on previous seasons and that had nothing to do with Bahiyyih or any of the contestants, that was smart people before the show already aired deciding Mnet wasn't worth the investment of their Time and resources, and then there are people like me who naively gave Mnet a second chance thinking the bad actors were fired and they were turning a new leaf

Boy did they make me look stupid, basically every scene in that show was Manipulatively edited to achieve a pre determined narrative Mnet wanted towards the contestants, which is not really any different from what they have done in the past

Seriously don't have a competitive show where you have already decided certain contestants are not allowed to succeed or can't fail and attempt to take it out of the voters hands, only invite people you are okay with debuting, I am so sick of this BS

• she did not "get enough screentime early". the entirety of her individual screentime is prob not more than a few minutes. even people gone the first elim got more screen time than her. bc bahi was never shown improving or standing out, people are under the assumption that she's "untalented" which isnt the case.

who's your favorite artist?

• people need to realize that was somewhat popular before she joined the show.

I remember following an account on ig when she passed the first round in YG's audition even then she had a lot of fans and this was like a few years ago.

she really had decent following way before gp99 her popularity isn't a surprise to me

LOL. Where was this energy when they decided to give Bahi 0 screen time along with many others of the 99 "deserving" contestants? Or when they decided to negatively edit several of the trainees to sabotage their chances of winning? Let's be real here: This statement is corporate BS. The only reason they're bothering to say anything is because the company is stuck with Bahi for the next 2.5 years. If she never made it into the final group, they wouldn't be saying jack sh*t no matter how much hate she gets.

• I agree with this. No matter what she was gonna get hate, even if she was objectively the most talented. I'm not hating her and I'm definitely going to stan this lineup. I think some people are crossing the line with hate. However, based on my observations, her placement was not justified.

I think at the end of the day, survival shows are just a popularity contest and she is/was popular so it kinda makes sense

526d260695f1e6be7fc576a759a81ce9eccaa866.gifv8f41e2de19fd3e53503e1f9bbaecb661064e5000.gifv0a61d4ea7129206fb3db97ab12f606316444f603.gifv

I'm throwing you away for keeping me locked up

• LOL. Where was this energy when they decided to give Bahi 0 screen time along with many others of the 99 "deserving" contestants? Or when they decided to negatively edit several of the trainees to sabotage their chances of winning? Let's be real here: This statement is corporate BS. The only reason they're bothering to say anything is because the company is stuck with Bahi for the next 2.5 years. If she never made it into the final group, they wouldn't be saying jack sh*t no matter how much hate she gets.

You're not wrong but only in an ideal world could we expect all 99 girls to get equal screen time and nobody to be evil edited. Mnet is too messy. They know what boosts up ratings and what gets the attention.

mKl7Ghm.png

• PD is an idiot. Where was his concern when the show was aired? The first episode looked a total set up and from the cuts I seen the later episodes wasn’t better either. Shaky bad quality fancams, etc. His fake concern is kind of funny when they obviously wrote her down as a reject from the first time. Now he talks like this and I think it will just make the antis even more pissed off.

:ak_hyewon:

• Some great points here.

Especially the last one, i just read that Msnake had 100k people wanting to go on the show. Out of all these, they couldnt find 99 contestants that they would be happy with debuting? Why do they even need to manipulate and evil edit, they shouldve lined up 99 Tier S contestants so it wouldnt matter who the public voted for, Msnake wouldve been happy with any combination of 9.

• Honestly I don’t think they even wanted her in the group and they tried to show her as little as they possibly could in hopes that her hype would die down, but ended up backfiring on them. And since they can’t rig votes anymore they have to deal with it.

On that note, I had no idea things were this bad that the producer had to step in. Poor girl.

I remember following an account on ig when she passed the first round in YG's audition even then she had a lot of fans and this was like a few years ago.

she really had decent following way before gp99 her popularity isn't a surprise to me

That just proves the point, how would a random trainee who nobody has seen before be popular if not for her brother being already an idol, and I remeber seeing news about the YG audition, that was not a few years ago, pretty sure it was last year actually

The most important thing for this group now is if the people who were voting her in, are going to bother buying albums or atleast stream the MV, the current prospects are not good since not only the ratings for the show were bad and was completly overshadowed by SWF, but none of the show songs charted in SK either when the Produce series had songs like Never and Rumor charting in melon. This group may end up only doing as good as a temporary version of fromis_9

Edited once, last by vicll ().

• That just proves the point, how would a random trainee who nobody has seen before be popular if not for her brother being already an idol, and I remeber seeing news about the YG audition, that was not a few years ago, pretty sure it was last year actually

The most important thing for this group now is if the people who were voting her in, are going to bother buying albums or atleast stream the MV, the current prospects are not good since not only the ratings for the show were bad and was completly overshadowed by SWF, but none of the show songs charted in SK either when the Produce series had songs like Never and Rumor charting in melon. This group may end up only doing as good as a temporary version of fromis_9

the point is that she gained her own fanbase before joining gp99

it's not like all her votes were from Kai's fans or MOA's since it was from most of her fanbase that's why I'm trying to say.

• the point is that she gained her own fanbase before joining gp99

it's not like all her votes were from Kai's fans or MOA's since it was from most of her fanbase that's why I'm trying to say.

But we are not talking about somebody like Jennie who when she was a trainee performed in music shows with one of the biggest artists G-Dragon or even say the people were suppose to be in SMNGG before Aespa debuted and had big followings in Weibo and other places already, but an unknow trainee who passed one of YG preliminary auditions but ended up not even becoming fully accepted by them

• But we are not talking about somebody like Jennie who when she was a trainee performed in music shows with one of the biggest artists G-Dragon or even say the people were suppose to be in SMNGG before Aespa debuted and had big followings in Weibo and other places already, but an unknow trainee who passed one of YG preliminary auditions but ended up not even becoming fully accepted by them

you don't get it, she had a following ( so the fans voted for her are already fans) even jennie had fans since she first released her teaser in 2012 without performing with artists in music shows. I don't think blackpink is a good example since all bp members had a decent/big fanbase predebut even Miyeon lol and Bahiyyih had done covers and had performances so it's not like people don't like what she has done before joining the show. I don't understand why many of you doubt some people genuinely liked her for her skills, voice or whatever reason. Some of her dans followed her progress since she started to show she was interested in being a singer/performer.

her sister also had a vlog

I'm not even a big fan of her but the hate she is getting is so unnecessary.

• Even if every single vote of hers came from TXT stans that still doesn’t excuse the amount of vitriol she has been getting. It’s not like she put a gun on their head to vote for her.

If people don’t like her just ignore her completely. Produce groups are full of akgaes anyway hence way 80% of the groups afterwards are tanking.

• Do you know that she has an older sister that debuted even before her brother? The group she was in disbanded and was so irrelevant that I can't even remember the name of the group

You seem to worried about the current hate, but what I think is actually worse is if the groups ends up doing mediocre or even flops, and ends up with the members with nowhere else to go after disbanding, showbiz can be quite a brutal industry

If she has such a big fanbase as you say this group should sell well then.

Edited 3 times, last by vicll ().

• Yesterday I saw a thread about the first Brazilian idol in KPOP, this thread made me remember that the Huening siblings father is German-Brazilian if I'm not mistaken, which means you could say they are brazilian too.

In that thread there was a comment talking about a mixed race trend which I replied that is a form of fetishization that unfortunately creates false beauty expectations on mixed race people, I would say Bahiyyih is an example of this since her looks don't match expectations in SK and as a result contributes to the vitriolic comments directed at her

here, listen to her cover of ariana grandes breathin, she does really well :joy: maybe even better than ariana herself!!!

and how do ppl know her since before she debut??? it is bcos of huening kai, so stop acting like she is popular for any other reason bcos ppl might think you are crazy bahihi stan 8o

• dont dare compare jennie to bahihi X( jennie has fans since predebut bcos she doesnt have a famous brother to leech off like bahihi and she showed her talents by making songs with gd and lee hi.

Nobody would care who bahihi is if she never has huening kai as her brother, just admit it.

also if you are not a big fan of bahihi then why are you everywhere defending her and know all about her predebut life :/:/:/

• dont dare compare jennie to bahihi X( jennie has fans since predebut bcos she doesnt have a famous brother to leech off like bahihi and she showed her talents by making songs with gd and lee hi.

Nobody would care who bahihi is if she never has huening kai as her brother, just admit it.

also if you are not a big fan of bahihi then why are you everywhere defending her and know all about her predebut life :/:/:/

you didn't read right? and it shows just stay out of this

and Jennie had fans ( all bp members did) before she featured in GD's or Lee hi songs even SMGG had fans predebut

well I defend her because I can she doesn't deserve the amount of hate she gets

• I mean it's just a fact that she got all those votes because of her brother. There's no logical explanation that would explain her leaping to 2nd place and getting more votes than any other contestants. And this dude shot himself in the foot saying "well its our fault we didn't give her screen time." To me, that sounds like proof she didn't really deserve all those votes and got in because of her brother, confirming our suspicions all along

Errr, I know her since she pass yg, sm and belift audition with few more company which actually proving she is really talented. She already gain fans from there and from her tik tok. Well, if people like her more than other contestants, it actually means that she have that stan attractor vibes on her. She is not the first celebrity family that joining survival show and in the end of the day, fans will only support and vote for them if they like them enough.

• This thread contains 18 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!