Iland s2 probably more successful than gp999

• I think more people anticipated in iland s2 than gp999. For example, the iland series not even started yet but their followers on twitter already half of million while gp999 stuck at hundred thousand plus.

The hype they received bigger than gp999 from what I can see.

Tbh, I think mnet probably should wait after this series done because it can kill the hype of gp999 received now even it will air next year. A lot of fans already the way gp999 being handle and the massive elimination so, many of them stop supporting the show.

Tbh, I hope gp999 can survive well as a lot of big companies gg will debuting and they might being forgotten just like that.

*Note:

People might not realize this but gp999 situation now not same as produce. Mnet cannot rigged vote and currently only 2 k-trainees in top 9. Koreans would not giving their support if this keep going until the final line up. That's why mnet trying to evil editing C-trainees. They have no local agency in either China or Japan to promote them like pd48. China currently changing their rules about their entertainment industry making them cannot promote there freely like before. They have no market left for them if you really think about that. Not even a support from big agency at least like what Iland have.

• I mean it is a HYBE group, so….

With that said, I don’t think it’s gonna make much of a difference. I doubt Iland will be massively superior or even inferior to GP999, and difference in reception there shows have will be by technicality

• you do know that it's just because of HYBE and the fact that people expect BTS to appear as judges/mentors?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I mean it is a HYBE group, so….

With that said, I don’t think it’s gonna make much of a difference. I doubt Iland will be massively superior or even inferior to GP999, and difference in reception there shows have will be by technicality

The thing is, as for now only 2 k in top 9, where their main audience is in Korea. Mnet cannot rigged vote anymore, so if this continues I doubt koreans going to support this group at least like pd48. They have china and japan trainees but they have no connection to promote there, not like what pd 48 have with Japan local agency, Vernalossom to support their promotion. China for now having new regulations about their entertainment industry at it make outsider promotion harder. So, they barely have any market if you really think about that.

• Well it's the first hybe gg since Glam so everyone is exited to see the girl version of BTS they've being waiting for this since a long time and it's not like GP999 is lacking popularity they have a pretty big following

Depending on the final line up. Koreans would not support them if less K-trainees in the group.

• I land flopped in Korea too so there is no difference there, both shows are more popular internationally, I land had actually on average worst ratings than Girls Planet.

• I land flopped in Korea too so there is no difference there, both shows are more popular internationally, I land had actually on average worst ratings than Girls Planet.

No actually, in term of ratings Iland s1 doing better than girls planet. Gp999 rating never passed 1.00% until now.

And iland s2 will become hybe ngg too, so they secure a big fanbase already.

• Neither did I Land on mnet, they had once in tvN which is a bigger platform but in rest the show isn't known in Korea

And? They still did. Whether you like or not, gp999 already lost koreans support with the current ranking. Enhypen beat x1 first day sales despite their rating lower than them saying a lot. And you think iland gg who a lot of people wait since forever will flop is kinda impossible.

On top of that, big companies will debut their own gg by next year, where the company stan already wait for them. Japan and China is already in their hand while Korea obviously supporting them.

• even the first season of i-land was watched by more people internationally and in korea than girl's planet. so its not going to be surprising if s2 gets better viewership ratings or if s2's final group does better than the gp999 group. people are especially more interested in hybe's first original gg in years while people have grown tired of mnets bs with produce 101 affiliated shows

who's your favorite artist?

• where is hybe jp boys? Hybe should debut them first instead of making another flop show

I guess they're having trouble finding a main vocalist who'll join that line up. They should hurry before the hype dies, especially considering most of their members weren't that popular on I-land to begin with. Only K was really popular. If anything, the j group isn't necessary since hybe has so many boygroups already. Idk if it's a good idea to debut so many groups in a short time. On the other hand, so many people have been waiting for a long time till hybe would finally debut a gg. So I-land 2 group (from that 'flop show') is probably gonna do way better than jp boys if you're being honest with yourself.

• People forget that iland ss1 was boys so I'm pretty sure the girls version will be more successful because girls versions of anything are always more popular in general.

Hopefully, the trainees are interesting and talented.

And I'm kinda curious how the girls will interact with each other in the iland's environment when the boys were already so intense :pepegrin:

• I guess they're having trouble finding a main vocalist who'll join that line up. They should hurry before the hype dies, especially considering most of their members weren't that popular on I-land to begin with. Only K was really popular. If anything, the j group isn't necessary since hybe has so many boygroups already. Idk if it's a good idea to debut so many groups in a short time. On the other hand, so many people have been waiting for a long time till hybe would finally debut a gg. So I-land 2 group (from that 'flop show') is probably gonna do way better than jp boys if you're being honest with yourself.

Why is it so hard to find good vocalist? oh well they ditched only good vocalist on the show because of stupid facial expression, at least i am happy cus Geonu has debuted, and what about K? If they didnt have any plan to debut him why waste his youth and use him for their shit show to stir some drama, he has given up for his University and his athletic career for music, i have been waiting over a year for his debut no one understand how hard it was for me and other hybe jp boys fans, if they ditch them they will get their karma one day

• Why is it so hard to find good vocalist? oh well they ditched only good vocalist on the show because of stupid facial expression, at least i am happy cus Geonu has debuted, and what about K? If they didnt have any plan to debut him why waste his youth and use him for their shit show to stir some drama, he has given up for his University and his athletic career for music, i have been waiting over a year for his debut no one understand how hard it was for me and other hybe jp boys fans, if they ditch them they will get their karma one day

...what?

K's debut was in the hands of voters and they failed him. the judges would have put k in the group if it wasnt for sunoo also being in the bottom, which was also the doing of voters.

• ...what?

K's debut was in the hands of voters and they failed him. the judges would have put k in the group if it wasnt for sunoo also being in the bottom, which was also the doing of voters.

Wasn't iland 50-50?

Like half od votes is from judges?

Then it's easiest way to put in group whoever judges want.

Same with announcing how many people will be in group after few episodes instead of 1st episode...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Obviously a group from hybe associated with bts in some form will be more successful. Lol

Honestly i don't see that much of hype for gp999. I wonder if they'll be anywhere near as successful as izone.

★¸.•☆•.¸★ 𝐉𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐎 ★⡀.•☆•.★

e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv 38f275b68632fbb8a30ab7a0fce5512059a80556.gifv2aa8ee22f2804d638330929636b03d1a3375e4f7.gifv61eb8841d60cd80c1298efc34ab05d6279af9b9a.gifv2aa8ee22f2804d638330929636b03d1a3375e4f7.gifv4d43f06e62bc91bae199a1e0752740ea19fda0f9.gifv e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv

• Wasn't iland 50-50?

Same with announcing how many people will be in group after few episodes instead of 1st episode...

It was based on the votes in the final. like before one mission was based on votes and then te next mission was producers, but in the final 6 out of 7 members were chosen by viewers and only one by producers (and they chose sunoo over k and daniel)

• Wasn't iland 50-50?

no it wasn't 50-50. iirc the final lineup was like 100% fanvotes and then the judges added one extra person

• Why is it so hard to find good vocalist? oh well they ditched only good vocalist on the show because of stupid facial expression, at least i am happy cus Geonu has debuted, and what about K? If they didnt have any plan to debut him why waste his youth and use him for their shit show to stir some drama, he has given up for his University and his athletic career for music, i have been waiting over a year for his debut no one understand how hard it was for me and other hybe jp boys fans, if they ditch them they will get their karma one day

He didn't get enough votes. That's why. What did you even expect them to do? Fans would riot if K was chosen over someone who got 1st place 3 times during voting (it doesn't make sense that sunoo dropped so much), especially after the rigging scandal and K not being so liked in Korea

NewJeans é envolvido em nova polêmica com o MV de “OMG” | Revista KoreaIN

Edited once, last by lialve ().

• ...what?

well u have no idea what happend it seems, i dont want to recall the bad memory let it just burn in the past, all i say is k deserves better and someone has to be responsible for it.

• He didn't get enough votes. That's why. What did you even expect them to do? Fans would riot if K was chosen over someone who got 1st place 3 times due to voting (it doesn't make sense that sunoo dropped so much), especially after the rigging scandal and K not being so liked in Korea

well u also have no idea what happened it seems i dont want to explain u all those depressing memories but that company should be responsible for K thats it

• why are you saying that they are losing korean support with the current lineup if that's what koreans are voting for?

The voting system make it difficult for K-trainees, I think you will understand if you watch the show. Idk if the 1-1-1 vote now will change the line up as many knetz trying to vote only for xiaoting and yurina for J and C trainees as they most likely to debut, and secure as many places for K trainees.

I like a lot of trainees from this show, and I don't wish them the worse but it really obvious this show doesn't doing that well especially after many trainees get eliminated. With a lot of ngg will debut soon, I fear what will happen to them.

• Wtf how many groups they pushing out in a year, is hybe capable enough???

External Content twitter.com

• And? They still did. Whether you like or not, gp999 already lost koreans support with the current ranking. Enhypen beat x1 first day sales despite their rating lower than them saying a lot. And you think iland gg who a lot of people wait since forever will flop is kinda impossible.

On top of that, big companies will debut their own gg by next year, where the company stan already wait for them. Japan and China is already in their hand while Korea obviously supporting them.

the show started at 1.3 dropped at 0.6 the next episode and then close to 0.3 on finale and thats TVN which is WAY bigger than mnet, no matter how you take it, the show WASN'T popular in Korea and you can see from the winners digital sales that Korea don't care about them, GP is similar.

The line up this week isn't finale lmao, not sure why you even bring it, koreans which complain never watched the show, otherwise they'll know that the voting changed.

It doesn't even matter, NONE of the shows did good in Korea, we have yet to see how this group does in Korea and how ILand 2 does, is way to early to brag about some future rating. lol

• The 3/3/3 voting is not the problem, it is their insistence on having this Frankenstein Top 9 reveal at each elimination, it makes it appear as though J and C Trainees are dominating the show when they are not

Should have just had the 3 Chair per rank thing and reveal the Top 3 of each Group with no mention of Relative Rank (which nobody got to vote on anyway so makes zero sense)

Perception is Reality for many people, and this has had the effect of putting people off the show

The Final lineup is going to be something like 5K-2C-2J mark my words and at that point many K fans have already left and many I fans are going to call Rigged and not support the lineup either, this was the single worst way to run a survival show whoever came up with the format should be fired

• the show started at 1.3 dropped at 0.6 the next episode and then close to 0.3 on finale and thats TVN which is WAY bigger than mnet, no matter how you take it, the show WASN'T popular in Korea and you can see from the winners digital sales that Korea don't care about them, GP is similar.

The line up this week isn't finale lmao, not sure why you even bring it, koreans which complain never watched the show, otherwise they'll know that the voting changed.

It doesn't even matter, NONE of the shows did good in Korea, we have yet to see how this group does in Korea and how ILand 2 does, is way to early to brag about some future rating. lol

Didn't the overall rating show on girls planet is worldwide, which show overall rating they get? Which is overall from mnet Korea, Japan, tvn and others if they had more broadcast tv channel. Which looking by that, iland still doing better.

I never brag about future rating knowing how kpop really dying in korea. I just saying iland gg is obviously winning over them with all hype they're receive even before the show start and a lot of people waiting for them for years since iland s1. They already built their fanbase way before gp999 existed. And, gg is charting better than bg, everyone know that.

• Wtf how many groups they pushing out in a year, is hybe capable enough???

HYBE has multiple labels under it with their own managements.

The debuts that are coming are actually technically all under different labels

I-LAND GG will be under BELIFT LAB which only has 1 artist atm (ENHYPEN)

The gg with izone members will likely be under Source Music which doesn't have any artist sine Gfriend disbanded

The gg with all new faces is rumored to be under a new label that Min Heejin will lead

They JPN BG will be Under the HYBE JAPAN label

So it will be

Bighit Music - BTS, TXT

Pledis - SVT, NUEST, fromis_9

KOZ - ZICO

Source - gg with izone members

New Label - Min Heejin GG

BELIFT LAB - Enhypen, I-LAND 2 GG

HYBE JAPAN - JAPAN BG that has K in it.

All will have their own separate management

essentialm can maybe explain it properly

• Thanks for taking your time. Hybe now seems like a cj equivalent. Crazy how one group did all this

External Content twitter.com

• Thanks for taking your time. Hybe now seems like a cj equivalent. Crazy how one group did all this

CJ is still quite a bit more bigger than HYBE i'd say (Fun fact they own 51% of shares in BELIFT LAB, BELIFT is a joint venture between BH and CJENM, they manage more of Enhypen's promotion side, while BH is more focused on Enhypen's Musical aspect)

But yes HYBE is bigger by quite a bit than the other entertainment companies

• Didn't the overall rating show on girls planet is worldwide, which show overall rating they get? Which is overall from mnet Korea, Japan, tvn and others if they had more broadcast tv channel. Which looking by that, iland still doing better.

I never brag about future rating knowing how kpop really dying in korea. I just saying iland gg is obviously winning over them with all hype they're receive even before the show start and a lot of people waiting for them for years since iland s1. They already built their fanbase way before gp999 existed. And, gg is charting better than bg, everyone know that.

No, is only from mnet Korea.

Nobody knows, Korea has kinda been over survival shows, they should take a few years break and comeback, I Land could do a bit better but i doubt is gonna be anywhere near the PD101 era.

I do think they are gonna get hype as bighit gg (also depends whos the first gg which debuts from Hybe since that one is gonna get the biggest hype) but not necessary from the show.

• It really depends on which hybe gg gets to debut first. If both the sakura and the min heejin ggs debut before i-land gg they will take away a lot of the hype.

On the other side, i-land gg is a hybe group, that alone brings much more anticipation to them. Gp999 wasn't even as hyped as i-land boys season. Today on twitter I saw so many people opening new accounts for the i-land gg just because of some auditions being announced, imagine.. Another bonus for the i-land gg is that they will be a permanent group and well, many people would prefer to get attached to a permanent instead of to a temporary group

• I'm not that worried about the ethnic proportions myself as long as the final voting is unconstrained.

Right now I see a distinct divide in what concept the group could do. The remaining C-trainees are in their early 20's (~22ish) and fit more mature concepts. The remaining J and K-trainees are more in 17-ish and generally fit younger concepts. Heck, the Liang twins are a bit older than Doah.

I think there was a similar problem in P48 and the younger concept won out in voting. Izone just had to deal with all the different heights in their choreo.

I'm not against having a frankenstein group though, it'll be interesting to see if they can make it work. I will laugh if Fu Yaning ends up doing cutesy stuff for the next couple years.

• This thread contains 2 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!