Posts by raison

i just hope that chinese and japanese citizens would get the same weightage ratio as korean vote... it's horrible how koreans are the one who largely influenced the lineup, and the foreigners are even on the verge of elimination

I'm ok with the weighting if the group is promoting mostly in korea. In hindsight, only allowing 1 vote veered Korean voters to Korean contestants though. I'd fix this with ranked choice voting of your top 9.

While YWY3 had international voting, I suspect the vast majority of voting was Chinese (anyone know how mainland vs international voting turned out?). It's sorta unfair for Korean votes to get diluted that much unless you're going to promote in China and Japan pretty equally. They'll get more chances to promote in Korea.

Maybe it's just me but I've barely seen anything out of The9 or BG303.

Her story is so sad in a way, because she said specifically that this would be her last survival show. On top of that, she also said that if this didn't work, she would apply to take her exams and go to school. My partner and I feel it's such a shame, she is so talented and could be amazing in the right group, but for whatever reason she's never reached the finish line with supporters.

How's burninating the villages going?

Bad idea: Create a fantasy league where you can compete with other fans and draft idols onto your team. Points come from all the sports stats that you care about: sales, music show wins, Spotify streams.

Pros: Fulfilling the competitive needs of k-pop fans

Cons: Inciting new blood feuds

It's an interesting thought but I don't know why SM would dilute their brand by including their trainees on Mnet survival shows.

They can just create shows for their own trainees.

I know that a couple NCT members have been on solo survival shows for high schoolers but there was no expectation to win.

I sort of like these survival shows because they have a lot of talent that the Big 3 (or 4 now) missed or discarded. That type of elitism does need to be challenged on a regular basis.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

What does me saying no one on this thread who wants diversity in the lineup is only picking girls of certain nationalities because they are of those nationalities, have to do with Kfans possibly mass voting solely for Kgirls & ditching the others?

That attempt at a gotcha was a flop. Should’ve just sat there and ate your food, cuz no one @ you & now you just look insane

Whoa...calm down there.

Not trying to win arguments here...you clarified your points:

1. You were referring to people on this forum

2. You think Koreans will vote extremely nationalistically

We will see what happens.

If Mnet is doing all this crazy shit to influence the audience towards Koreans and disadvantage C/J trainees, I don't know how they could ever run this show or anything like it again.

All that's happening here is that some i-fans think that Korean voters will vote predominantly Korean.

Is there past evidence to that effect? I only see those i-fans posting the most inflammatory knetz stuff here--not a reliable indicator.

Produce48 still had popular Japanese trainees and despite any published evidence, some i-fans want to believe that things were even more rigged by Mnet.

Sadly, this forum isn't big enough to create the C/J voting bloc you want...

I'd be very surprised if there is only one C and J-trainee each. Even if Koreans voters do vote predominantly Korean...they will still have to spread their votes across a lot of trainees. Sure, Koreans can be nationalistic...but not any more than Chinese or Japanese people. My guess is 4-3-2 based on my own preferences.

No she wasn't, she was trying her best and was mistranslated (remember what Xia Yan said about Cai Bing?)

I still see some debate about that...even from Chinese speakers. So let's ignore that and focus on her results.

Praise from the Masters for Salute...but the other team, Ice Cream, ended up with the GP votes. Not as effective a leader as was expected and this showed in Salute as well. I just haven't seen her stick out as much as expected for someone with her age and experience.

I'm not a huge fan of Yujin for similar reasons though. I'd rather have someone younger and you can only have one Mom in the group. Eunbi in Izone had better relative skills compared to her group mates.

There's sort of chasm between the concepts you can do with the contestants left. Cai Bing and Fu Yaning are sort of typecast for more mature concepts. SXT and SRQ seem more versatile at this point. The K and J trainees are quite a bit younger and more easily fit into the fresh, youthful concepts.

While I'm not a fan of some of Mnet editing (but you have to give them credit for the creation and editing of a franchise), interpreting Mnet's supposed narrative is getting to the point where it lives rent free in many people's minds.

Yes, there are a lot of delusional or naive people. Yes, Dayeon is getting too much screen time after getting unfairly dinged by the Masters in the first couple episodes. It doesn't change that she's a good allrounder but not the only one (i.e. Su Ruiqi) and actually one of the strongest leaders left.

Sure, there's some nationalism going on in the editing, but there are nationalist fans in every country. Sure, there's some contrived drama (it's a Korean show, you should expect it). But there are some good things to enjoy too.

I know a lot of you are YWY2 fans and it was the best show ever for you. It had more dance talent...but overall the dance standards are higher on Girls Planet. Better synchronization and better wide angles that don't obscure how well they dance together. Sure, there is autotuning going on in GP999, but at least it's not the straight studio up recordings in the YWY2 performances.

Plus, you can see trainees getting better. For example, I finally saw center potential this past episode in SXT--she finally brought a diversity of facial expressions after specific feedback.

Anyway, I'm sure there's a lot more griping about Mnet editing to come, but at least it's obvious. There is a fair amount of manipulation in other survival shows too. Don't let it distract from enjoying the good parts about the show.

It's too bad, you can probably do this in early episodes and recover.

She's talented and versatile enough for the group. I like Fu Yaning too but I've only ever seen her do more powerful concepts with the same expressions.

There were a couple of scenes that reminded me of Produce S2 with Ju Haknyeon...where he was slow to learn choreo and distracted. HXQ being slow to learn choreo and SR being distracted. The difference being, that SR actually threw a minor tantrum (at least, it was translated as such).

I'm unclear on the role of masters. We don't see them coaching much but we did see it in the last episode.

There's a difference between the public midterm coaching and personal coaching. How do we know that they don't work with the trainees?

That said, the Produce coaching on-camera was the best. For girls they had a strict mother figure (BYJ) and a nicer elder sister figure (Gahi, May J). For the guys, you could see that Lee Seok-hoon and Shin Yumi cared a lot.

If allkpop hates /dislikes kdrama or kpop song it becomes a hit, and it is really and I think it's worth all of the buzz and attention

The people here are different. A lot of people who grew up reading/watching similar manga/anime storylines.

For many Americans, this show is a novel concept. The one thing that anime and manga cannot convey that well is the depth of human relationships in such a short period of time.

For those of you who think they are setting up the main character to be a hero--I disagree. This series does not glamorize anything or make violence seem cool--something that most American shows (or anime/manga) would do.

If anything, that he turns his back on his daughter shows that he is actually still the same person he was at the beginning of the series--a bad father who regularly breaks his promises to his daughter and is ruled by his emotions. He's not a good person--no one in this series is. He's an unlucky idiot everyman.