Posts by raison

having an acoustic melody was literally one of the best idea they had, it's really like heaven :pepe-sad:

i also love which songs they used for it, literally perfect.... now I really miss them :pepe-comfy:

thank god their concert albums are on Spotify otherwise how would I survive ;(

Does Exo have any discography with mostly traditional Korean instruments?

For fun, here's an Obsession analysis by Adam McInnis, who worked on Aespa's version of Next Level:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

i am OBSESSED with this performance for daysssss now. the white outfits and gold accessories combo look great on them. its a very simple stage set up but so satisfying to watch. reminds me of what son sungdeuk said about how they are very experienced now they bring their own charms and aura while performing and look effortlessly good while doing so.

This is nice, you can you hear their natural voices and the room echo.

Also, I've only just realized the screen background technology used in filming the Mandalorian has made its way into k-pop. It makes sense--Korea makes a lot of screens for the world.

That bass line really evokes Warrior's Descendent vibes.

External Content www.youtube.com

She has a contract with SM and it’s the company who decides if they should go there or not, not the idol. Starship/yuehua makes more money with the 3 in China than with them as ot13. It’s all about profits for these companies. Wouldn’t be surprised if the 3 of them bring more money to both companies than wjsn as a whole.

For NingNings case I doubt that would happen as SM would not allow for it. It’s only a group of 4 and any one who is not there will have a major impact to the group.

For NingNing, it would make sense for SM to have a future path for career development in China too. She can have it both ways without jumping to China and breaking contracts.

Isn't the Chinese member of G-IDLE doing entertainment shows in China?

Treading the path of artistry means doing things that aren't popular with everyone (immediately) or make a lot of money.

The Beatles went to India and incorporated some influences into their music.

Relax.

I think the idol's motivations are important and Korean entertainment companies are learning from past mistakes.

That SM is still invested in Chinese idols isn't just for the market, it's also probably for the talent. Chinese idols can still benefit from going to Korea if they want to go more international and get better training.

Short term, I think we'll know if SM keeps adding more Chinese idols to groups. There's probably a lot of healthy competition in China for the most talented people. Wasn't there a couple YG-subsidiary-affiliated idols on a Chinese survival show?

Also, companies can keep bringing them to Korea as long as they are comfortable with the risk of jumping...which they can also manage through contracts. All the SM idols that jumped without resolution are locked in China--which isn't a bad thing for them now. Except that Lay still has the international option open to him which might be a bigger deal in a decade.

That said, there are probably more people that want to go to k-pop now...so maybe the risk/reward calculation is changing and will continue to change in the future. Chinese people are getting pretty tall...but you can get too tall for an idol...it's a lot harder to do complex, subtle moves in k-pop.