EXO - Into my World (Detailed Sonical and Lyrical analysis)

• Had you heard this song before? 11

1. Yes and I like it (11) 100%
    2. No but I like it now (0) 0%

So before revamp I made a bunch of Song I Absolutely Love threads to promote and share songs I absolutely love and talk about them and what I love :nervousk: You probably didn't see them :danceb:

I have them all saved but haven't remade the threads yet here so this is my first Song I Absolutely Love thread on the new forum! :claps: This one is a bit special too, because my current aesthetic represents the song! Suggested by novemberrain

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This is a b-side from my ult group, Exo, and their Japanese album Countdown. Countdown is one of my fav exo albums, I absolutely love nearly all the songs.

First let's start with my aesthetic and the lyrics! :flying: If you can't see my sig, here's a screenshot! The lyrics in the sig have been changed to Only a Handful can Escape

95439-pasted-from-clipboard-png

Pay attention to the lyrics when you watch the video! It's quite unexpected from this bright sounding song with an intense yet upbeat instrumental! When I saw the lyrics, I found them really interesting, and that's why I decided to do an aesthetic based off of this exo song, even though it's a bit different for me!

In my sig is a translation of one of Suho's lines in the song, "Only a Handful can Escape". My dp is Kai from the end of Exo-K's Overdose music video, after being the only one to escape the maze, the only one to escape his dark world, and is hopeful. This hope contrasts with the sig where Suho and the 2 Chens are unable to escape. The left gif in my sig, of Chen running in Electric Kiss goes with the chorus "Oh run run run a runaway r-run a runaway, run run run a runaway". The chorus is saying to escape, to run away from the dystopian world portrayed in the song, and that's what Chen is trying to do. The other Chen gif in my sig, from Monster, represents the pre-chorus, where members sing "don't you want to come into my world? Don't look away". Chen is looking straight ahead even as he gets pushed back, trying to come into that mentioned world. It also goes with when Sehun says not to look back in the last minute of the song. The people around Chen are going in the opposite direction from him because they're not trying to escape they're staying in the dystopian world he's currently in. Everything and everyone around him is glitching because the world he's in is broken. This relates back to Kyungsoo's first line "Everything with shape has accepted their fate to break." Chen hasn't accepted this fate though. He still has hope, he's still trying to escape. Chen continuing to move forward even as others in his broken world push him back relates to Kai's lines saying to fight back and Sehun's "one chance step." This also goes with Chen's first line in the song, translated to "Whether or not it's a precarious situation, I'm true". Chen is staying true to himself, continuing to move forward, and not breaking. The contrast between the two Chen gifs in my sig also represent the contrast between the chorus and pre-chorus. One is saying to runaway and the other is saying to come. Suho trying to escape in the center of my sig is opposite to Kai in my dp who has already escaped, representing the hope Suho is still holding on to. The Suho gif goes with Kai's lines to fight back. It also goes with Chanyeol's lines that translate to "The enemy's in your fists" and Baekhyun's line translated to "Giving off sparks as we're swallowed up by the lightning-fast days". Suho's fate can still be in his hands. He doesn't have to give up, lose hope, and "break". The dark and dreary colors of my aesthetic represent the dystopian world represented in the song. The light on Kai's face in my dp represent the shimmer of hope some still hold onto in this world.

Now the song in general! :claps: The song starts with a small crescendo for the first 7 seconds, slowly building up before a few of the same notes play a non-repeating melody until Chanyeol's opening lines start after a sound almost like a lion's roar. The instrumental changes too, building up tension and becoming more pressing. As D.O. starts, the drums join in, increasing the seriousness and tension of the song, while still remaining upbeat. At the end of his line, the tempo of the instrumental increases, further contributing to the tension. The sound goes well with the lyrics here :danceb: When Kai starts to sing, the lyrics start to get more hopeful with an "I'm going to get through this" vibe, despite the dystopian world the song portrays. During his line, the instrumental remains tense. When Chen starts to sing, continuing the hopeful theme, the instrumental gets brighter, higher, and more upbeat, even ending with some bright piano. When Baekhyun starts the pre-chorus, the instrumental becomes even brighter, but the tempo also increases, conveying a sense of urgency. It's saying "yes we can escape, but we have to try now, don't hesitate". This continues through Suho's lines. Then when the chorus starts, the song becomes more dynamic, conveying the fighting urge. With Sehun's lines, the instrumental becomes simpler, and the tempo once again increases to convey urgency. As Suho starts the next verse, the instrumental returns to serious and tense, but still upbeat. When Baekhyun starts to sing, the instrumental becomes like it was in Chen's part in the beginning. After the second chorus, the instrumental changes and the drums disappear during Chanyeol's part. Then the instrumental gets bright again for Sehun's part. I really like this part, it's groovy :shake-it: I love how Chanyeol delivers his next line too, it goes so well with the song. The song ends on a strong note too, with Chanyeol and Sehun delivering slightly different lines after the last chorus. If I had to choose a favorite part, it would be the chorus, it's so catchy :groovins:

I hope you like the song too and thank you for reading :pepeflushed:

Inspired by FrostyMaple

Scared Hamster | Know Your Meme

Edited 4 times, last by litc: I just moved the screenshot ().

• litc

Selected a post as the best answer.
  • Aww thanks Daniel :lover3:

Yeah, people really wouldn't expect this kind of storyline from an exo bside. Or kpop bside in general really. And the way the song sounds bright but the production and lyrics still convey a dystopian world. It's just so cool and interesting :pepe-excited:

This is my first time talking abt the lyrics when promoting a song that's not a comforting, relateable song :pepefrog:

• :eyes:

This was a great read. This song is quiet new to me and I was surprised how much I liked their Japanese songs. Minus two…

:sweatr:

It’s so catchy, while I was listening the album i took note on talking about it later in my little thread I’m keeping. Thank you for explaining the lyrics.

:claps:

• Aww thanks Daniel :lover3:

Yeah, people really wouldn't expect this kind of storyline from an exo bside. Or kpop bside in general really. And the way the song sounds bright but the production and lyrics still convey a dystopian world. It's just so cool and interesting :pepe-excited:

This is my first time talking abt the lyrics when promoting a song that's not a comforting, relateable song :pepefrog:

One suggestion :- Edit the title as "EXO - Into my World (Detailed Sonical and Lyrical analysis)"

And please, Do more of this.... It takes lot of effort to write this and I loved reading every sentence.

I love Pikachu.

Always have, Always will.

"Pika-Pi"

• Oh and consider voting for Into My World in the b-side battle, it's quite overlooked :claps:

One thing i noticed that may connect EXO's storyline even more.....

Korean translation of EXO's "Angel" is "Into Your World"....which sonically at the opposite end of spectrum to this song.

It shows that EXO's world is chaotic and dystopian and they are preventing people of earth's world to be same as EXO. They were sent to Earth to spread love and peace.

I love Pikachu.

"Pika-Pi"

• Oh yeah, I knew that :claps: Angel is one of my favorites too! The story is really interesting :pepe-excited:

• One suggestion :- Edit the title as "EXO - Into my World (Detailed Sonical and Lyrical analysis)"

And please, Do more of this.... It takes lot of effort to write this and I loved reading every sentence.

Ok! I hoped to attract more than just people who already know the song, and promote it to new listeners as well, if they checked out the thread, so I just put the song name as the title!

I'll see if I can later, I still have a lot of threads from the old forum, including song promotion to remake, and there's a lot of my groups I haven't gotten to promote songs for yet, I'm trying to do one of each before repeating groups :danceb:Now Exo has two though, because I promoted run before revamp :smirks2:

• litc

Changed the title of the thread from “Into My World” to “EXO - Into my World (Detailed Sonical and Lyrical analysis)”.
  • Ok! I hoped to attract more than just people who already know the song, and promote it to new listeners as well, if they checked out the thread, so I just put the song name as the title!

I'll see if I can later, I still have a lot of threads from the old forum, including song promotion to remake, and there's a lot of my groups I haven't gotten to promote songs for yet, I'm trying to do one of each before repeating groups :danceb:Now Exo has two though, because I promoted run before revamp :smirks2:

Thank you, Litc.

You have more of these? GIVE ME ALL OF THAT!!!!

I love Pikachu.

"Pika-Pi"

• What was it?

It was.....

Events that occurred in the MV and the album were between 12 AM to 12 PM

The tone of the album which gets lighter as the songs progress indicated that.

Also, It can be about split personality disorder... Alter egos... Dedicated to EXO-Ls... Targetting sasaengs... It's multi-faceted album... It's very deep

I love Pikachu.

"Pika-Pi"

• Ok! I hoped to attract more than just people who already know the song, and promote it to new listeners as well, if they checked out the thread, so I just put the song name as the title!

Out of my groups I had before revamp made Song I Absolutely Love threads for Exo, iKon, UNB, The Boyz, SNSD, Monsta X, Super Junior, (and a Chen solo) and some groups I'm not a fan off, and I still have to make threads for CLC, Uni.t, Oneus, OnlyOneOf, TRCNG, NCT Dream, Lim Jimin, Block B, Key, Seventeen, Vixx, and Ione (and I'll also make some for songs I love from groups I'm not a fan of) before repeating groups! :danceb:

• Oh I've never analyzed an album as a whole like that, not just the songs as individuals :nervousk:

• There was a lot of effort put into Obsession. I really commend SM and EXO of pulling it off.

There really was. I haven't looked at the lyrics of all the songs in detail, but DMUMT, while not my favorite album, I think is the best in terms of both being cohesive and all the songs sounding like they came from the same album but also offering variety in terms of sound :danceb:

I feel kinda nervous abt having the title say detailed sonical and lyrical analysis, bc I don't think it's good enough to be thought of as that :nervousk:

• There really was. I haven't looked at the lyrics of all the songs in detail, but DMUMT, while not my favorite album, I think is the best in terms of both being cohesive and all the songs sounding like they came from the same album but also offering variety in terms of sound :danceb:

I feel kinda nervous abt having the title say detailed sonical and lyrical analysis, bc I don't think it's good enough to be thought of as that :nervousk:

THE TITLE IS PERFECT!!!!

I love Pikachu.

"Pika-Pi"

• I see. I will revive our dm one of these days to ask questions about their lore if that's okay because I'm really lost in that aspect :melon_think:

Sure. Anytime. There's a dedicated tumblr page which goes into DETAIL.

:eyes:

Lore stuff is something I like… I’m with nefi in this. Very interesting.

I love Pikachu.

"Pika-Pi"

• I love how you interpreeted the lyrics and the vibe

:lover1:

If I am to decribe this song it would be adventurous, motivating and exciting

:pepe-excited:

• Also the way it fits perfectly...

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• This thread contains 9 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!