Red Velvet's Irene is a great example on how to handle a scandal

• Everything was handled perfectly, Irene took some time off, she owned up to her mistakes, apologized to the person who accused her and to the general public.

She owned everything like a grown adult. I hope anyone who's accused of bullying whether true or not follow her example of how to handle it.

• Everything was handled perfectly, Irene took some time off, she owned up to her mistakes, apologized to the person who accused her and to the general public.

She owned everything like a grown adult. I hope anyone who's accused of bullying whether true or not follow her example of how to handle it.

I don't think this is fair. You shouldn't be apologizing for something you didn't do but Irene did handle it pretty good.

• one good thing that either she managed to do, or someone told her to do was ditching social media

the apology post is to this day her last post on IG

External Content www.instagram.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• offtopic but you wrote Jimin in your sig. Which Jimin are you talking about?

BTS Jimin?

She apologized multiple times. Once to the person. Twice to the public, once to say she would take a break to reflect and a second time to keep us updated on her progress. I think that was effective in showing she was serious about it and not just apologizing to apologize.

Changes nothing I said.

• It also didn't involve bullying like the other cases did. If she was accused of bullying, it may have turned out differently. This was a one-time outburst, or at least that's how I perceived it.

Koreans might not see it as a big deal because it's a one-time incident. Most people know someone who's done something like that and they're still on good terms with each other. Think of the work culture in Korea. Bosses are always yelling at their subordinates, and it's just expected as long as it doesn't involve abuse.

Meanwhile, bullying scandals tend to involve repeated incidents towards one or multiple people and they're often systematic.

True. With the twins bullying issue and the bullying and silence culture, those cases are harder to contain. It's about the act but also about how the netizens feel about it.

• True. With the twins bullying issue and the bullying and silence culture, those cases are harder to contain. It's about the act but also about how the netizens feel about it.

why aren't netizens ever called out for the bullying they also inflict?

• Difficult to say. I think people didn't see her as a bully but more than a arrogant idol?

I remember Park Bom, who despite apologizing and a long break was ripped apart on the internet because of her drug scandal after she performed on MAMA.

Irene's scandal wasn't particularly small but as I said I think people didn't see her as a bully.

I think bullying and drugs are the worst scandals an idol can have in South Korea along with being unfaithful or avoiding taxes.

кιм נєηηιє ⭐︎мαησвαη ℓαℓιѕα⭐︎ ραяк ¢нαєуσυηg ⭐︎ кιм נιѕσσ

540 Jennie Kim ideas | blackpink jennie, kim, kim jennie Blackpink Jennie Teddy Bear Şapka | krimofashion.com  제니츄 on Twitter | Blackpink fashion, Fashion, Black pink

• Not only that but I feel like if she was indeed some type of diva who always lashed on workers, this incident is the best thing that could happen to her to redeem her. It’s not like she did something unforgivable like a crime. She got a lot of criticism for her mistakes. I think it’s enough punishment especially since from now on she will probably hold herself from ever doing that again. Plus the fact she apologized and the victim forgave her. There’s no reason to hate on her anymore unless she repeats the mistake.

lt64IYu.gif

• I think what made this scandal die down quickly is the actual Stylist herself saying she accepted Irene’s apology and wanted people to move on. Case closed. You can’t ask for a better resolution than that tbh. Also SM making Irene go on hiatus for like 10 months contributed to it too.

The best decision SM ever made regarding that scandal considering how successful RV have been this comeback. The public have clearly moved on apart from a small group of loud minorities who were always gonna hate regardless of how Irene/SM handled it.

• Would also like to add Irene was known to have the "cold ice queen" personality. So it didn't come as much of a shock. You saw a lot of people go "I KNEW IRENE WAS BLAH".

Whereas a lot of the other idols either had a "shy uwu" persona or a "girl next door" persona offstage or onstage.

~ ω

• Park Bom had literally knowingly smuggled illegal drugs into the country. These 2 incidents are not comparable at all.

• Also let's not forget that when the scandal came out

There was more people who worked with her defending her

Than there was of people accusing her

That really help her case because it prove to people that she wasn't a bitch lashing out on everybody but just a human who have good and bad day and can be perceive as a bad person and as a good person by others

Which is not the case in most of bullying scandal where you always see more victim come forward than people defending them for who they were in the past

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from Chill Kill #aespa from Chill Kill

• There was more people who worked with her defending her

Than there was of people accusing her

Dont think thats true at all loads of people were calling her out wasnt just one person and just because your nice to some people doesnt mean you cant be a asshole to others. Loads of people she worked with before liked the accusers post again her.

It wasnt just a bad "day" it was more then a one time thing?

• Irene case is not actually hard. It become big because it IRENE. I mean, like 99.99% people in this entire planet will become mad at some job that make due to stress. But yes, she handle it very very well. Even the victim asking people to stop hating on her.

• some of those were fake though I remember some were debunked she had more people defending her and having her back than anything also we don't know if the stylist wasn't a bit bitchy herself . I think irene's case is different.

• I wish people would stop with this whole so many accounts coming out against Irene when a bunch where fake only like 1 credible person said Irene was nasty to her too compared to the dozens of credible people who defended her and evidently the stylist didn't gaf if she accepted the apology and told everyone else to move on I swear its weird how y'all got heat for Irene more than the actual victim weirdos.

• some of those were fake though I remember some were debunked she had more people defending her and having her back than anything also we don't know if the stylist wasn't a bit bitchy herself . I think irene's case is different.

Thank you ! It was literally accounts saying Irene physically assaulted them and other made up BS and notice how none of them ever had follows you would think if so many people had beef with Irene they would had exposed her by now especially since now everyone is coming out with bullying accusations but yet no one has came forward with anything against Irene.

• Thank you ! It was literally accounts saying Irene physically assaulted them and other made up BS and notice how none of them ever had follows you would think if so many people had beef with Irene they would had exposed her by now especially since now everyone is coming out with bullying accusations but yet no one has came forward with anything against Irene.

yeah, I was kind of following this case and it seems people wanted to paint Irene as this evil person sometimes things aren't just black and white and whatever happened she apologized for it. I honestly don't think people should compare her situation with bullying scandals.

Sounds like your trying to victim blame and did you add everyone up?

It takes more chance to speak out against someone and SM then to defend.

• I think what made this scandal die down quickly is the actual Stylist herself saying she accepted Irene’s apology and wanted people to move on. Case closed. You can’t ask for a better resolution than that tbh. Also SM making Irene go on hiatus for like 10 months contributed to it too.

The best decision SM ever made regarding that scandal considering how successful RV have been this comeback. The public have clearly moved on apart from a small group of loud minorities who were always gonna hate regardless of how Irene/SM handled it.

Was it also around the time Wendy was still on hiatus due to injury? I thought Red Velvet were over when Irene scandal was all over twitter. SM handled it perfectly

Fe8TZRpaMAIFav2?format=jpg&name=large

ThinkAbouTzu, Tuwuice:pleading::pleading::pleading:

• They did handle it well but uhhhh not at people acting like this was a one time thing. Belle shao, the stylist and various industry insiders did like the post. Amongst the industry insiders with over 20 accounts only one or two accounts were proven to be false.

The stylist was accused of being a man, electrocuting Irene, framing irene and was harassed for months by her fans. A non public figure who people forgot was the damn victim.

The amount of fudged facts implicating the stylist were way more than the criticism of Irene on the I fan side. Overall Irene and sm did handle it well but damn the gaslighting on here.

Desbundar

• It was handled well because Irene’s victim has incriminating evidence and this happened in the course of 24 hours lol whereas the idols victims didn’t have any evidence and the events happened in middle school. So it’s weird to compare both situations even though it’s workplace bullying. But again, anyone in Irene’s shoes would apologize numerous times and take a hiatus with the accuser threatening to release a videotape of your abusive behaviour if you don’t apologize.

SM handled the scandal how any company would lmao.

This thread honestly doesn’t really make sense.

tumblr_nzies3E9yh1uf1itwo1_500.gif

LORD & SAVIOR PARK JIHYO | ITZY | YUKIKA | RUANN | | TWICE | BRAVE GIRLS | APRIL | FROMIS_9 | TOMMY FEBRUARY6

• They did handle it well but uhhhh not at people acting like this was a one time thing. Belle shao, the stylist and various industry insiders did like the post. Amongst the industry insiders with over 20 accounts only one or two accounts were proven to be false.

The stylist was accused of being a man, electrocuting Irene, framing irene and was harassed for months by her fans. A non public figure who people forgot was the damn victim.

The amount of fudged facts implicating the stylist were way more than the criticism of Irene on the I fan side. Overall Irene and sm did handle it well but damn the gaslighting on here.

The Belle Shao thing always confused me.. like she's a Chinese stylist who works in the Chinese industry and Irene works in the Korean industry. My point with this is that how would Belle know Irene more than the Korean staff who actually work with her if Belle has only worked with Red Velvet once?? I'll quote some of the stuff Belle said:

"#IreneApologize# Seeing this trend, I was not at all surprised. Irene is indeed beautiful, but she’s very rude. (If I spoke on it, it would go over 1000 characters) Whoever has worked with her, will know. I think that locally, only I’ve worked with her. Her face is wasted on her."

"I just want to say that it’s true. Given that they are a foreign group, I only worked with her for a day. But the Korean staff that has to work with her every day, they have it the worst. They all shiver in fear. She completely doesn’t see anyone but herself."

Reading her statements, she made Irene out to be a real bitch. However, alot of the Korean staff that actually works with Irene who know her more than Belle had alot of support for her and said alot of nice stuff about her. Of course not all the Korean staff she's worked with have said nice stuff about her (obviously like the stylist who came out with the info) but from what I remember there were alot of people being like "This isn't the Irene I know" and stuff. I'm not saying Belle was lying or anything, but I don't know how you can judge someone's character and claim to know their personality when you've worked with them only once in comparison to alot of other people who've worked with said person regularly who know way more about that person than you do. I feel like people go so hard on the Belle thing because she's such a highly respected figure but if you think about it, her statements don't really have that much credibility. Not coming for her or anything, but saying you know someone's personality and making a judgement on their character when you've only worked with them once seems kinda like uhhhh what are you doing? Especially when you compare her statements to the outpouring of support that Korean staff who regularly work with Irene came out with, it kind of makes her seem like a clown ngl... It's like you're saying all this shit about someone and trash talking them, basically indirectly calling them a bitch and a terror to work with and saying that the people who have to work with this person have it bad, but then alot of those people who do work with this person come out and say nope.. Like lmao..

Anyway this whole thing's kinda over now as Irene apologized and the stylist accepted her apology and Red Velvet has come back now!! I just had to rant about this because I didn't when all this stuff was going on and you're post reminded me lol.

• Idk why you saw the words Belle shao and decided to write an essay. She's reached that stage where her name is only linked to A listers legit no one benefits from idol scandals. She mentioned what she saw and gave solidarity.

Your logic doesn't make sense tho. It's like saying I saw him murder only once! Ok there were other witnesses but they don't know him, they saw him only for a day. Yikes. Not saying it's comparable to murder but just giving a random example. I do agree this topic is stale as hell but the fact fudging ain't it man sorry. I'm not really willing to go back and forth about this. So can we end this here?

Desbundar

• Idk tho, it's not like koreans forgot what she did, ifans always downplay but her gapjil scandal was worse than those bullying scandals

I don't think SM would ever drop her, they never kicked a member out afaik

• This thread contains 33 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!