This is why BTS and BP achievements dont impress me

• Because the entire industry is so inflated album sales paint lies.

If this was 2008 BTS most popular album wouldn't sell a million copies. They might hit 900k but that's it. Prime TVXQ (who is only a hair below Prime Bts) best album sold 600k.

This also makes it look like BP is bigger than Prime TVXQ since they have an album over 1 million and TVXQ does not.

BP is not bigger than peak TVXQ lol.

Can you believe this free education I'm dropping 4 days before public schools goes back in session?

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I don't want to be that person but BTS and BP sales also come from wide international appeal, wich TVXQ had not

Oh yeah I forgot about that. That 600k + for Mirotic was Korean sales only.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I don't want to be that person but BTS and BP sales also come from wide international appeal, wich TVXQ had not

BTS and BP wouldn't have that advantage also cause kpop was not in the West yet. And no they wouldn't have automatically made it popular in the West if they existed in 2008. It was a natural progression that took almost a decade. It wasn't cause of one or two groups.

• I don’t hold much faith in the ‘education’ you are dropping, Drew.

Well it is free lol.

• You're exaggerating how big tvxq was. They were a purely fandom driven act (which is not a bad thing), they NEVER had a big hit. There are many groups that were bigger than tvxq in their peak and both bts and bp are toward the top of that list.

It's funny how you talk about inflation considering how tvxq's best selling album sold that much because a TV host goaded their fans (saying something along the lines of how come tvxq have allegedly the biggest fandom but none of their albums could break the 500k mark) which made fans bulkbuy the album like crazy just to prove him wrong lol.

• it would be true if it weren't because Arashi (TVXQ generation) still sell very well in Japan ... next is Snow Man and BTS. The amount does not decrease when you know how to keep your followers, the music is good and you reinvent yourself to attract new fans. About bulk purchases most groups do. The difference here is that the distributors are the ones who ask for stock in advance and how the sales translate into the industry. if I am not mistaken at this time, the only company that almost stepped on the illegality was SM with the sales for the hot200

• Album sales aren't the only reason for BTS' dominance tho. If you think those are inflated you could look at streams, chart positions, awards, critical acclaim, etc and BTS would still be dominating. You would be lying to yourself to say that any korean act from the past, even in their primes, are comparable to current BTS.

• well then I guess nothing impresses you. I'm not impressed with any Kpop acts achievements, at a certain point it gets boring. Maybe thats because I enjoy stanning flop groups tho. But tvxq are nowhere near bts or even BP. Not a chance. Not even in a million years. The only song I know by them is the Mirotic song (if that's even what it's called..) that's about it. A fair comparison would be with girls generation or big bang. But I don't even think they were as big as BP and BTS are now. Subscribers and view counts don't lie. Yes I'm annoyed with all achievements talk but achievements don't lie... Did TVXQ get nominated for a Grammy....? :wellr:

• There’s nothing stopping anyone from saying BP is bigger than TVXQ but nostalgia. It’s not like every girl group is selling more albums than TVXQ. BP is the ONLY GG to sell more than their highest so…

• well then I guess nothing impresses you. I'm not impressed with any Kpop acts achievements, at a certain point it gets boring. Maybe thats because I enjoy stanning flop groups tho. But tvxq are nowhere near bts or even BP. Not a chance. Not even in a million years. The only song I know by them is the Mirotic song (if that's even what it's called..) that's about it. A fair comparison would be with girls generation or big bang. But I don't even think they were as big as BP and BTS are now. Subscribers and view counts don't lie. Yes I'm annoyed with all achievements talk but achievements don't lie... Did TVXQ get nominated for a Grammy....? :wellr:

You only knowing one song from TVXQ doesn't automatically make them irrelevant lol. Were you even born yet in 2008?

• You only knowing one song from TVXQ doesn't automatically make them irrelevant lol. Were you even born yet in 2008?

No I was born on 2021. Sawry. Not my fault Tvxq only have one good memorable song. That's my opinion tho. Not shaming you for believing they are surpassing BTS and BP tho. Facts are facts tho... I am also a 2nd gen stan, but I never stanned Tvxq.

• If this was 2008 BTS most popular album wouldn't sell a million copies. They might hit 900k but that's it. Prime TVXQ (who is only a hair below Prime Bts) best album sold 600k.

I was actually going to entertain an argument with you, but this logic is so blatantly pulled out of your ass that I'm not even gonna try.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• 4 days????

I'll take your fx education but nothing else

• I guess this thread is about peaks. Doesn't TVXQ have like 12 million albums sales in total?

They also had the most paid fanclub members ever for a kpop group with over 1 million.

• sdgblksdjfgbdnlgf DREW DON'T DO THIS TVXQ

NOW PEOPLE ARE HERE UNDERPLAYING THEIR PEAK AFTER YOUR OVERPLAYED IT ZDSLKJVBDFG

TVXQ was huge and was a stepping stone for 2nd gen and K-Pop in Japan. They had a national hit in Japan with:

External Content www.youtube.com

~ ω

• Blackpink is bigger than TVXQ. thiers YouTube speak itself. Korean is small country no way that group will bigger than Blackpink.

TVXQ was from 2005 to 2009. How many youtube videos hit 100 million or more in this time span?

• I was actually going to entertain an argument with you, but this logic is so blatantly pulled out of your ass that I'm not even gonna try.

Just because you know you're a success stan don't take it out on me.

• Now that you bring this up I realize BTS is way more impressive than I gave credits to. Tvxq existed in a period where you had to buy to listen to them so those physicals look good but in this context, it’s not anything special, it makes sense

BTS is in the digital era out streaming the whole of Japan on oricon and Spotify, whiles pulling those insane sales(best selling Korean album and best selling album by a kpop act)

Now imagine if BTS existed in that era, their physicals will be more mind blowing

• it's mean nothing cause Blackpink still top them every outside Korea and Japan

Again. Your speaking from 2021 perspective. I'm saying put BP in 2008 and then what would their overall stats look like without a decade of the industry growing and allowing them to become what they are today.

• This thread contains 41 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!