Idols are boring because they are fake

• kpop idols don’t really have a choice tho??

The moment they start speaking what’s on their mind they get clowned and criticised.

The most recent incident I remember is of Rm. Recently Bts did a vlive to celebrate their HOT 100 results in which RM said that he was worried that if butter did not outperform dynamite, people would start saying that they peaked and it’s time for bts to be replaced. He was criticised and clowned so much on stan Twitter just for saying THAT???

Imagine them saying something more controversial??they will be dragged to hell for that.

Bts can handle saying things like these because they have established themselves in such a manner that not many controversies can affect them.

Now imagine a rookie group messing up and saying something that they were not supposed to say(because they are human being after all ) ?? They will have their career destroyed in the matter of seconds.

They will lose everything that they worked so hard for just because of a single statement.

• So unless and untill kpop stans don’t stop overanalysing every statement and action of idols we will have to deal will them being quote “FAKE” (rightfully so)

• Your title has been stuck in my mind for some reason. It's kinda a mindfuck but is anything capitalistic society feeds us what we find truly funny or entertaining?

External Content youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Desbundar

• Just look at kpop fans and how much of snowflakes they are and how they are just waiting to dissect every little thing the idols does...

If I was a idol I would just say the safer stuff too in order to not get into controversies over the smallest thing

Biggest example:

Look at Jae from Day6.. The man really tries to personally interact with fans and have fun with them like friends.. But look how it ended up.. they started cancelling him for non-offensive stuff, started taking his words wrongly even when everyone knew he meant no harm and was talking just like normal people do...

He literally got hated to a point where he had to close his twitch account just because he made a joke saying sugar daddy with his twitch gamer friends..

Both knets and Ifans fucking suck and are constantly looking for things to cancel them so its obvious they dont take risks

• One of the prime reasons behind me stanning my faves is their charming personality, wit and dorkiness. So I genuinely cannot relate.

I know people who started stanning them cause of these vids

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edited 2 times, last by paradis ().

• On of the prime reasons behind me stanning my faves is their charming personality, wit and dorkiness. So I genuinely cannot relate.

tbh I dont think OP is talking about personalities like in variety of stuff..

I think more like how they dont take risks talking about controversial stuff and stay on the safe side every time like for example, talking about dating or about politics or any controversial stuff unless the matter gets extremely big like the Nth room or BLM movement

I am not sure if thats what they mean but thats what I dissected..

which is kind of true as most idols stay on the safe side and which is understandable as well cause they got eyes on them all the times and haters waiting to attack them all the time if they actually open up

• I can understand you find idols boring because they try to avoid controversies and behave accordingly.

But saying idols are fake while western acts are not it laughable. Half of the beefs between western acts are fake and to increase traffic. Some even did fake dating for the same reason. I was actually turned off from socially following western acts because of these things...most of them seems to think that sex, relationship, beefs are important to be relevant. Now I just listen to their music and get my gossip fix here on akp lol

This is true. If you think your faves being controversial is what makes you excited then I doubt kpop is the realm you should be in.

Not very big on some of the disrespectful attitudes some western acts embody. For that I appreciate kpop for trying to maintain a respectful image in public although it could be different privately. At least keep your dirty luggage indoors

• Hmm, interesting. Why do we need people to give their opinion on everything though? I guess OP wants his faves to get into some drama and act out or stuff.

Again talking about my faves, I never saw them not take on controversial questions and they have even spoken out on controversial topics like racism, BLM, mental health which is a taboo for many. My bias Jungkook despite being caught in a huge scandal regarding his tattoos went ahead and got a whole sleeve and now piercings despite it being frowned upon in Korea. The other members also constantly share their fears, their dark moments, their joyous moments, their failures with fans. So it never felt fake or lacking authenticity to me cause my faves are always sharing and communicating as genuinely as possible.

• Hmm, interesting. Why do we need people to give their opinion on everything though? I guess OP wants his faves to get into some drama and act out or stuff.

Again talking about my faves, I never saw them not take on controversial questions and they have even spoken out on controversial topics like racism, BLM, mental health which is a taboo for many. My bias Jungkook despite being caught in a huge scandal regarding his tattoos went ahead and got a whole sleeve and now piercings despite it being frowned upon in Korea. The other members also constantly share their fears, their dark moments, their joyous moments, their failures with fans. So it never felt fake or lacking authenticity to me cause my faves are always sharing and communicating as genuinely as possible.

they dont need to talk about it ofc, but many times they divert these kinds of questions too, all K-pop idols do it many at times even your faves and my faves

Talking about stuff like sharing moments, failures, mental health, the concepts they go for and all that is something most idols do with their fans and those fandoms know it..I dont think it was about fake when they share and open about their lives but more about when asked about questions they weren't prepared for like on the spot..

I guess we both are understanding the context here as different

I personally understand why they choose to not talk about some very controversial stuff though, whichever idol they may be...

• I totally get this, especially if you compared them to sidemen or even beast guys.

Can you imagine them doing this?

External Content youtu.be

They'll be canceled left and right.

I suppose people like pg rated idol shows just to feel good, you can find more 'honest and real' people everywhere nowadays, just not in kpop

• So unless and untill kpop stans don’t stop overanalysing every statement and action of idols we will have to deal will them being quote “FAKE” (rightfully so)

Agreed. Idols have to watch what they say and do so carefully, it is no wonder they don't show all of their personality. They have to limit which sides of themselves to reveal.

• i agree. Their companies want them to behave as an ideal entity in front of the fans. This idol culture needs to vanish asap. We need them to speak their mind no matter what controversy their words might create. And they should apologize for the tons of Ca they have done in the past

• It's more like some kpop stans is too sensitive? or because they have so many antis I don't know why. Having tattoos or making jokes with other member can cause scandal. Even having a girlfriend/boyfriend can make someone lose popularity too. It's weirder for me if they never dated in their entire life just because they love their fans...

Until stuffs like that loosen, I understand if they limit their actions even interactions with someone just to avoid scandals. It's because they have to, they don't have other choices. But I never find idols boring or fake because of this, just wish that people can loosen little bit for them

• They act like they don't have a personality... I understand that the industry wants to sell the " perfect image" but honestly that makes me so bored. This is one of the thing that is making me lose interest in kpop in general.

From this point of view western artists are ten times better even if they aren't perfect, atlest I can have a confront with them.

Finally someone said it! I agree 100%. It's like watching dolls in a playhouse. No personality whatsoever and it's not my faves but every single one of them. Except maybe Jessi, she keeps it somewhat real.

• I think this is coping mechanism. This is about your mentality more than others. Those who are fake and put on mask in public think others are fake too just to cope with it. If you're fake, you'll think others are fake too.

I don't overthink things so I have never thought anyone is fake and judge them on what they show me and not on what they don't. So I personally don't think anyone is fake but yeah people can be boring but that again depends on you.

Life is simple, people make it complicated.

• Finally someone said it! I agree 100%. It's like watching dolls in a playhouse. No personality whatsoever and it's not my faves but every single one of them. Except maybe Jessi, she keeps it somewhat real.

People here replaying '' may idols are funny '' missed the whole point of this thread... I mean It's good that they are funny but that wasn't the point of this thread and like you said it's like watching dolls in a playhouse.

• No; Most are boring because they're charisma vacuums and/ or try WAYY too hard when trying to convey personality, or lack thereof. There's only a handful of idols who truly standout.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!