Idols are boring because they are fake

• They act like they don't have a personality... I understand that the industry wants to sell the " perfect image" but honestly that makes me so bored. This is one of the thing that is making me lose interest in kpop in general.

From this point of view western artists are ten times better even if they aren't perfect, atlest I can have a confront with them.

• Not bored by idols bc idk for them that way, I just like to shake ass to good music thats all

Honestly I don't even watch my faves interviews at this point because they don't have nothing new to say, idols in general keep saying always the same shit...

• I get what you mean even though I don't find my faves boring. They just can't reveal too much about themselves cause their job is different than just being a performer... Idols have to be like role models for young people and such, that's how they are trained which is why literally anything minor they do can blow up and turn into a scandal. I feel sorry for them.

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• I get what you mean even though I don't find my faves boring. They just can't reveal too much about themselves cause their job is different than just being a performer.

This! People here acting like this is some personal attack... I mean good for you I you don't find your faves boring.

• Maybe you should keep up with NCT Dream's ongoing debate about whether we have one butt or two.

Or just keep up with NCT Dream in general, they're the antithesis of boredom

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Maybe you should keep up with NCT Dream's ongoing debate about whether we have one butt or two.

Or just keep up with NCT Dream in general, they're the antithesis of boredom

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Not a big fan of their music so I've never tried to follow them

• Neither of my faves are boring to me. One of them is even so entertaining they have a fandom outside of their fandom with their own name and everything just for their variety show.. Maybe you should try different groups? :pepe-grooving:

It is true that they have to be more controlled than western celebrities but that doesn't make them boring

• I think a lot of groups only look bored or weird when attending awards. I actually see more idols speaking more freely about things in interviews or shows than a few years back (like 2016-2019/20)

• Not a big fan of their music so I've never tried to follow them

Then you should :pepe-use-head:

BTW, i'm just joking with you. I understand where you're coming from but a- I got accustomed to it and understand why idols are very self conscious and b- there are exceptions when you dig deep enough.

• I kinda agree to an extent. I don’t find my faves boring but sometimes in interviews, I can’t help but roll my eyes because 99% of what they are saying sounds like they’re reading it off a script. I’d love to hear more brutal honesty but I understand why they can’t be honest.

• i'm at everyone defending their faves lol anyways kinda of agree with you, they might not be necessarily boring but yes their lack of personality is annoying, they're always too cautious about what they say how they look what they do, always too reserved, always prefer to stay in their comfort zone, to the point where i can even expect what most idols would say at interviews when asked specific questions

• I can understand you find idols boring because they try to avoid controversies and behave accordingly.

But saying idols are fake while western acts are not it laughable. Half of the beefs between western acts are fake and to increase traffic. Some even did fake dating for the same reason. I was actually turned off from socially following western acts because of these things...most of them seems to think that sex, relationship, beefs are important to be relevant. Now I just listen to their music and get my gossip fix here on akp lol

• I get your point but it was not always like this (no not saying because idols used to be funnier or shit like that). The structure of Western interviews is a boring fest. It works better for Western artists because they are more talkative, free to be honest than idols who either answer one word or a scripted sentence. Ever since more and more idols pursued the west, more interview-based shows were created in Korea and replaced varieties for idols. Korean varieties used to be so fun. I remember being attracted to 'K-pop' because of the personalities more than the music. Now varieties are mostly non-idols and idols look so unfit there because of the overly sensitive audience (both protective fans and nit-picking haters).

lt64IYu.gif

• They act like they don't have a personality... I understand that the industry wants to sell the " perfect image" but honestly that makes me so bored. This is one of the thing that is making me lose interest in kpop in general.

From this point of view western artists are ten times better even if they aren't perfect, atlest I can have a confront with them.

This is because western society is lax and people don't give a single fuck about your personal life and what you do in it. Inturn in had little to no effect on your career, so western celebrities can afford to be Real. Whereas in Korea everything is micromanaged to death and people including forgieners will nitpick everything about your life and judge you as if you killed someone. So idols can't afford to be real. Ironically on that note western fans are hypocrites lol they want real people and don't judge their own celebrities. But when our Korean celebrities do something,they want to crucify them, guess their own society wouldn't tolorate that behavior 🤣

• This is because western society is lax and people don't give a single fuck about your personal life and what you do in it. Inturn in had little to no effect on your career, so western celebrities can afford to be Real. Whereas in Korea everything is micromanaged to death and people including forgieners will nitpick everything about your life and judge you as if you killed someone. So idols can't afford to be real. Ironically on that note western fans are hypocrites lol they want real people and don't judge their own celebrities. But when our Korean celebrities do something,they want to crucify them, guess their own society wouldn't tolorate that behavior 🤣

agreeed

lt64IYu.gif

• You need the beagles idols in your life, don't resist join the radish family :pepelove2:

• I thought almost every kpop stan knew the fact that idols true personalities are not shown, each to a different degree of course, and accepted it. As for me, I’m enjoying my idols personalities as what they are shown to me, whether fake or not.

• each to their own I guess...

I don't find my favs boring and if I did I wouldn't be liking their content would I...

now if the question is are they fake well...we'll never know a person's real personality until we met them or experience it first hand right????

• I don’t find my faves boring !! I wouldn’t stan them if that was the case.

They can also only show as much. This is not America, these people work in a society where they get get called out for not smiling at the airport.

• This thread contains 25 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!