why is everyone against jype debuting new groups?

• can someone give me an actual constructive and rational reason as to why jype shouldn't debut a new group? this be the male version of niziu or the coming girlgroup

the allkpop articles are filled with ugly comments of hate and insult but there are no comments that mentions any freakin reason why it's so bad. i am fully willing to change my opinion on all of this if there's a logical reason behind all this hate, but currently i see non

basically all jype artists are doing very good recently, why would it be bad to debut a new artist??

• Official Post

Because they think it will somehow rob their preferred group of something. If you follow them enough you'll start to see the "I can't believe they're spending {my group}'s money on {new group}!".

• they just believe that if new groups debuted, their faves are going to get ignored or get worse treatment by the agency. There is really no rational reason behind it, other than they are being threatened. They don't realize that each group has a different management team.

• I don’t get it either. JYP obviously has to step up their game to stay relevant and with Twice potentially not resigning and the ongoing scandals (that might not be true but damaged their reputation a lot) they need to have safety. Bighit or Hybe will also debut a lot of bands and no one bashes an eye

• people are stuck in the past, especially Korean netizens

their reaction basically was "I hate it why JYP is debuting so many groups"

sorry all fans from one or another country but like I said already multiple times, kpop grow so much that debuting a new girl group each 2-3 years will be the new standard for big companies

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Because they think it will somehow rob their preferred group of something. If you follow them enough you'll start to see the "I can't believe they're spending {my group}'s money on {new group}!".

hit it right on the head there, I think people forget in the early 2000s JYPE managed Rain, Wonder Girls, Miss A, 2PM, 2AM, G.O.D, JJ Project, 15& and over 20 OST/R&B soloists all at the same time to great success. I do not like JYP's methods on a lot of things but they are good at making their artists successful.

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

Minnie-SEC-Sig.png

• i get for other companies cuz sm loves to clump all their group comebacks into one month and yg can't even manage one group but I think jyp divides time between each group evenly (at least the girl groups) so i don't really mind. that division idea is the best thing to come out of jyp ever

• They have a whole division dedicated to itzy at the moment.

i get for other companies cuz sm loves to clump all their group comebacks into one month and yg can't even manage one group but I think jyp divides time between each group evenly (at least the girl groups) so i don't really mind. that division idea is the best thing to come out of jyp ever

so true... and that new GG will be under Division 4, they will have a female boss Lee Ji Young.

As far as I remember until now only Day6 was under this division

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• It divides time, attention and money between more groups.

And no, the division system does not all of a sudden mean JYPE groups are independent of one another or in the markets they function in.

• I think the majority of complaints are just from the "WE HATE JYP and ANY GROUP FROM THEM" crowd. They aren't Twice fans, ITZY fans etc...

Even the premise of the article. First Group since ITZY. I mean excuse me but NiziU debuted in 2020 21 months after ITZY and if you actually knew anything at all you would have known that. And none of the groups have really suffered because of the new groups. They have been producing the same amount of content been getting the same amount of promotions etc.

This is especially true of people on AKP who have over half the people that post things on the main news board just being active Trolls who would get banned if they venture into the forums.

• I'm not against it but I think is a bit soon to debut a new gg maybe in 2 years would be a better idea. Itzy just debuted in 2019 so it's normal that people would expect JYP to focus more on itzy.

but niziu debuted in 2020 and that didn't hurt itzy's treatment or promotions at all

and by the time this new girlgroup will debut, itzy will be celebrating their 3rd year together

• Official Post

so true... and that new GG will be under Division 4, they will have a female boss Lee Ji Young.

As far as I remember until now only Day6 was under this division

Yep... if anyone can afford to debut new groups it's extremely large companies like JYP with the staff and finances to do it. Now if this were a smaller company we could talk about it potentially impacting their other groups.

• Yep... if anyone can afford to debut new groups it's extremely large companies like JYP with the staff and finances to do it. Now if this were a smaller company we could talk about it potentially impacting their other groups.

i really couldn't have said it better myself

• We don’t know if the lia issues are true if it’s true it will hurt jyp and if twice some members are resigning jyp will fluctuate so it’s better to debut new groups just incase. They lost got7 day6 potentially gonna disband, stray kids dissing jyp might be got7 case again

• the allkpop articles are filled with ugly comments of hate and insult but there are no comments that mentions any freakin reason why it's so bad. i am fully willing to change my opinion on all of this if there's a logical reason behind all this hate, but currently i see non

Are you referring to the articles on the main AKP site?

Actually, there are a number of hardcore trolls there who seem to have no life, since they're practically in the majority of the articles, always spouting the most negative, toxic stuff someone can come up with.

Some of them have a negative rep of 5k-20k (!!!). And in the rare occasion that some troll account gets closed and banned, another one pops up and continues its toxic rant spamming.

For the life of me, I can't understand why the AKP main site mods and admins leave those toxic chain spammers alone, when they're so easy to find. My guess is that they serve the purpose of raising the comments and views below each article.

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• The same people complaining and saying “Focus on X group(s)”…. 9/10 don’t even know the members of said group(s), let alone listen to their music, buy their stuff, and actually support them lmfao

• I think it is a valid concern because as it is JYP is already overextended resource wise. People will doubt the company's ability to manage properly all these groups as lot of fans believe their current line up aren't being treated well or fairly right now.

Personally I would say wait and see. JYP has a decent coffer, so it's possible that they will expand their management team too and may not become too thin spread.

• Official Post

JYP doesn't overlap promotions and doesn't like groups releasing too close to each other. So more groups, keeping in mind we know of at least 3 that will debut in 2022, means less activity, focus and promotion for the currently existing groups. How can a company that struggles to properly manage the groups they have now possibly do well and not have a massive slip in quality when they will have a total of 8 groups soon enough? Especially when JYP himself has taken to doing most of the title tracks in house, can he just magic up new songs for his groups each month and not have a bunch of filler and crap to meet deadlines?

JYP actually does do promotions close together. Day6 and itzy had comebacks like 12 days apart in April and Twice, 2PM, and the Day6 subunit just did comebacks within a span of three weeks. In 2020 we had GOT7 on April 20, Day6 on May 11, Twice on June 1, and Stray Kids on June 17. In the second half of the year we had itzy in August, a Day6 subunit in August, Stray Kids in September, Twice in October, and GOT7 in November. That's pretty consistent.

This year has been weird for almost every company because it's pretty clear that a lot of them were holding off in hopes that in person events and touring would resume.

• with so many groups management has to get fuck up and I see many jyp stans or fans of jyp groups complaining so smth has to be wrong there

its like the companie pump groups and trainees without think twice what a whole single groups needs, and more important what each member of each group need for fruitful career

• Hope Div4 has improved a lot, because they're the only division to lose 75% of their roster (all female artists) and had the most complaints over mismanagement from basically everybody that's ever been under them

JYPE overall has a pump and dump system to where long term success is irreverent. You'd be hard pressed to find one group they didn't fuck over one way or another. That's why they're throwing out so many groups and don't seem to care at the high rate that artists leave them. It's been said and shown time and time again that they don't have a tolerance from criticism from their own artists or employees. They have the highest turnover rate amongst BE employees and the lowest rating plus they've been quick to silence anybody that speaks up against them

It's not that most people opposed to the new group think JYP is going to take resources from their own faves, it's that they'd rather the company improve it's internal issues overall.

• The Day6 and 2PM ones barely get any promotion, did 2PM have any at all? Take into account beyond SK and Twice in June all are weeks apart and all groups have had large gaps in activity in 2020 and 2021. Got7 stans massively complained about their November comeback since they barely had a teaser period, didn't get any proper promotions and it just felt like an after thought to JYPE?

JYP is only capable of focusing on one or two groups at a time. When they try to push a bunch together or close to each other massive issue with promotion arise as some of these groups share the same staff so focus become divided and that will only get worse with more groups coming.

2pm does they went to some variety shows

• Some of the issues in 1 seems kinda outside JYP control per se. It's usually manufacturing and distributor side and they may not have much control there besides choosing better ones next time. The last year's problem may have to do with pandemic as it did cripple these sectors judging from other industries (not just music). If this has been happening for years, I'd just dismiss it as their level of quality for products. Anyway, not really related to having or not more groups, but for leadership in marketing and products not choosing better companies and demanding better quality control.

2 and 3 doesn't seem unique to JYP. I think they handled these quite poorly, but at large it's kinda average compared to the Kpop. I think it is more of a question of quality of leadership there and hiring more or less doesn't matter if the heads are the same anyway. These issues may not be related to scalability. They could just expand their management team for a new group and keep their (poor) quality all the same.

Like I said, these concerns are valid and make sense. However, they have resources (i.e. credit and money), but these issues may be because of the head part and it's just fundamentals that can't be solved if leadership chooses to pocket the profits rather than expanding their resources properly. I rather wait and see even if it obvious that they may overextend their management capabilities.

• This thread contains 4 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!