Will we ever see another 9 membered cute girl group debut?

• I hope it will change when 2021 rookie girl groups will show something different

with current situation I wouldn't even be mad if some girls will debut with some fairy ballad

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Official Post

There will probably be a few but none of them will really gain traction cause 1) Idol music is dying in Korea and 2) Girl crush/teen crush are the most popular concepts right now

Can see BH or YG debuting a cute gg but I don't think they will become TWICE/SNSD level just due to the fact that the GP don't open up to new groups easily

• There will probably be a few but none of them will really gain traction cause 1) Idol music is dying in Korea and 2) Girl crush/teen crush are the most popular concepts right now

Can see BH or YG debuting a cute gg but I don't think they will become TWICE/SNSD level just due to the fact that the GP don't open up to new groups easily

I mean the girl crush ggs who aren’t itzy, aespa, or gidle aren’t doing too well either. Maybe if that type of group came from a big company they’d be successful but idol culture’s dying in Korea so lose lose either way I guess. :(

• Check out WEEEKLY.

They are the closest successor to TWICE's ethos in my opinion.

A 7 member cute group with visuals that do bright fun songs and ballads.

They are my new stan of the last year or so. I was waiting for a group that gave me a similar feeling as early TWICE.

WEEEKLY is it.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content youtu.be

• I’ve been getting into Weeekly as well. And they’re really the only new girl group out that gives me early Snsd/Twice vibes. That’s why they were such a breath of fresh air from all the “I’m a tough girl” girl groups. :)

• That's going to be hard considering large member groups are extensive to debut with all the food, training, accommodation for all nine members...especially from a non-big4 company

Secondly companies will look at what's popular - on the charts/album sales etc and right now its some combination of GC/TC etc. That's how the markets work but give it a few years and when that saturation level gets too much and mood will shift to a diff concept maybe cute maybe something else entirely.

• That's going to be hard considering large member groups are extensive to debut with all the food, training, accommodation for all nine members...especially from a non-big4 company

Secondly companies will look at what's popular - on the charts/album sales etc and right now its some combination of GC/TC etc. That's how the markets work but give it a few years and when that saturation level gets too much and mood will shift to a diff concept maybe cute maybe something else entirely.

I’d give it less than a few years tbh. The more girl crush and teen crush gets over saturated, the sooner people get bored of it. That’s why newer groups who are debuting with those concepts are flying under the radar because they’re just carbon copies of each other at this point.

• I’d give it less than a few years tbh. The more girl crush and teen crush gets over saturated, the sooner people get bored of it. That’s why newer groups who are debuting with those concepts are flying under the radar because they’re just carbon copies of each other at this point.

I completely agree - The GGs i'm looking forward to are future Izone groups because if/when Izone disbands there is a huge market for the cute/elegant concept because all those Wizones will need another group to stan.

If those or any other companies are smart they'll see that (but for the top groups because they'll continue being top) saturation and start debuting GGs with a different concept and slowly build their brands/rep now as oppose to when everyone jumps on the cute concept in the future.

• I have hope for YG's new gg to be something unexpected (ie: a 9 membered cute girl group) since SM debuted a girl crush group this time around. It would be funny to see them "switch images" when it comes to the 4th generation.

I feel like cute concepts are dead and a big group won't happen anymore because of the western promo wave. Unless it comes from a survival show (like produce 101/48) because they are always targeted to Asia only, imo.

I think SMNGG was the last hope for a cute concept revival and they debuted Aespa instead. I'm not complaining, though lol. I have always preferred girl crush.

• I have hope for YG's new gg to be something unexpected (ie: a 9 membered cute girl group) since SM debuted a girl crush group this time around. It would be funny to see them "switch images" when it comes to the 4th generation.

I feel like cute concepts are dead and a big group won't happen anymore because of the western promo wave. Unless it comes from a survival show (like produce 101/48) because they are always targeted to Asia only, imo.

I think SMNGG was the last hope for a cute concept revival and they debuted Aespa instead. I'm not complaining, though lol. I have always preferred girl crush.

I was also kind of hoping that Smngg would be the snsd successor. But I like Æspa the way they are.

I think YG should definitely take advantage of the fact that we’re missing a prominent cute girl group in kpop like what snsd and twice were for their generations. The spot for that type of group is empty rn so we’ll see who takes it first.

• I was also kind of hoping that Smngg would be the snsd successor. But I like Æspa the way they are.

I think YG should definitely take advantage of the fact that we’re missing a prominent cute girl group in kpop like what snsd and twice were for their generations. The spot for that type of group is empty rn so we’ll see who takes it first.

Definitely. They should "pull a Blackpink" but for a cute group. It would also be guaranteed success for them because, for some reason, I can't see a girl crush group going well for them either. Even though, they are known for that.

JYP was smart when he decided to debut ITZY with a teen crush concept. Now, they are the leaders of all the other "teen crush" groups in the 4th generation.

• Definitely. They should "pull a Blackpink" but for a cute group. It would also be guaranteed success for them because, for some reason, I can't see a girl crush group going well for them either. Even though, they are known for that.

JYP was smart when he decided to debut ITZY with a teen crush concept. Now, they are the leaders of all the other "teen crush" groups in the 4th generation.

EXACTLY! YG debuted bp in a era full of cute girl groups. And now that it’s reversed, YG should debut a cute gg in a era full of crush ggs.

Them debuting another girl crush gg when BP is leading in that rn wouldn’t make much sense. It’d be best to go with something cute and fresh. :)

• I feel like Weeekly debuted at just the right time just when the korean public and even ifans are getting tired of girlcrush. More importantly Weeekly aren't using cute concept as a crutch to cover up any inability to tackle other concepts as their song and dance covers amply demonstrate that they are talented and versatile enough to tackle a wide range of concepts.

Also their dance cover of Twice's HeartShaker was the best cover of Heartshaker I've seen and cute suits them to a T but at the same time, they are truly capable of other things. So I won't be surprised if they come out with cute with a twist for their next comeback.

The Future of K-Pop

weekly-members-profile-mainpage.jpg

• This thread contains 2 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!