the hypocrisy among allkpop people and kpop stans in general when it comes to LOONA (rant)

• I know i've been bitching about this since yesterday and I don't want to sound annoying, but I need this to get off my chest:

People are so hypocritical when it comes to Loona's music.

I've been a kpop stan since a very long time, and I started following Loona closely since 'New' came out.

Here on AKP, and also on Twitter, there's a certain narrative that started spreading among kpop stans since So what came out. According to these people, Loona lost their identity, and basically started releasing shit music after Butterfly in order to appear more "public friendly".

But the thing is: as a predebut stan, and a old akp user, people have been saying this ever since Loona debuted.

I remember when Hihigh came out, people were complaining about how cute the song was, how generic it was, how disappointing it was for a debut song. Hihigh flopped on the charts, it flopped on youtube, everybody slept on it, and as from today, FavOrite is still one of Loona's most disliked MV because of how much people hated it when it came out.

And what happened when Butterfly was released?

You must be thinking: "that song is such a masterpiece, i'm sure it was well recieved when it came out!!!"

But it wasn't. Again, everyone and their mother shat on this song, the song that everybody now calls "loona's best song, loona's signature sound" or whatever. Again, people hated this loona title track and said that it was a generic song made to appeal the general public. Just like with hihigh, they said the song was basic, this time because according to them, it sounded like a mere boygroup song.

But there's more to my story. According to people, Loona's predebut discography was the best we've ever got from them, and they shall return to this sound of whatever.

These people are so hypocritical, and when they say they want loona to go back to their "original sound", I know they only want them to go back to their OEC roots. When people say they loved Loona's predebut music, they only have Odd Eye Circle in mind. They do not care about 1/3's music, it's too soft for them, and it flopped anyway.

But OEC is OEC, and Loona is Loona. Both are different groups, and OT12 Loona will never release a new Girl Front or a new Sweet Crazy Love. As the girls said in a uncontable number of time: Loona is all about exploring new genres, coming back with new sounds and new concepts each times.

Receipts:

Capture2.PNGCapture.PNG

Oh, and by the way, that predebut discography that y'all seem to love soooo much. Well people hated on it too, two years ago. I still remember when some users here bitch about how Loona's solo and subunits songs were generic and forgettable. The same users that now, says that Loona should go back to their "original sound".

But what even is their original sound anyway?

When answering to this question, people says it's about their "dreamy sound". Alright, fair enough. Butterfly was dreamy, and so was the whole XX album. But what about ++ ? Can hihigh be called dreamy? The high energy buble pop song with 16bits elements? I think that's a stretch, but imma give you that. But Heat? Stylish? FavOrite? Can these songs be called dreamy? Are Kiss Later, Heart Attack, Around You, I'll be there, My melody, Let me in dreamy as well?

These people are the same who bitch about So What and Why Not being the same song or whatever. These do not even have the same structure nor the same sound, and can you hear that damnDIDAMDAMDIDAM sample in So What's chorus? Hell, can you hear that DIDAMDAMDIDAM sample in any kpop song ever for you all to call that song 'generic' and basic?

Just say you don't have an ear for music and go lol.

Finally, why are the expectations for Loona's music so high ?

According to kpop stans's logic, PTT is so generic and shitty that any nugu gg could've release it.

Alright.

But then, why does when a nother gg comes back with a similar song, suddenly all of y'all eat that shit up? Why are everglow, Blackpink and dreamcatcher, who are well known for their "noise" music are praised for it, and not Loona? Not saying their music is trash. The double standards are just weird.

And again, don't come at me with the "they don't suit darker concept" excuse. The girls expressed multiple time how much they felt that the cute concept was forced onto them. A lot of them surprisingly hate acting cute, and if y'all watched their performances and fancams, y'all would understand what I mean.

And yeah, even CHUU suits darker concepts. Again, just watch her fancams lol.

Plus maybe that's my own pov but I feel like the moon girls are wayyy more comfortable ith darker concepts, like have you seen how charismatic they looked in PTT?

But that's very subjective so idk

But you know what's not subective? Music quality. And ever since Butterfly, Loona haven't stopped recieving praises from music critics for their discography.

Stay mad.

Conclusion people are weird when it comes to Loona because they probbaly feel treathened by this small flop gg from an unknown and poor company that sells arms or maybe they're just a money laundering project well idk anymore :rolleyes:

I hope i didn't sound to aggressive and bitter. At the end of the day, you're allowed to dislike Loona's discography, but keep your narratives that are wrong to yourselves, thanks :)

Don't forget to stream Loona's best comeback:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

⛧- 今月の少女 -⛧

The Chaotic Angel • kimlipvevo: jinsoul —- sweet crazy love

"Do not accept the fate of the moon."

• Go_Won_Minaj

Changed the title of the thread from “the hypocrisy among allkpop people and kpop stans in general (rant)” to “the hypocrisy among allkpop people and kpop stans in general when it comes to LOONA (rant)”.
  • SHHHHHEEEESHHH. Next time if you want to call me out, just winniethepb. My opinions have no narrative... I state what I observe.

No one said it was trash, it was just different. I think you are overthinking everything.

People are entitled to their opinions just like how you are entitled to yours, your post.

✧ "Got no time for haters 모두 다 집어치워 버려" ✧

• No one said it was trash, it was just different. I think you are overthinking everything.

if you never said it was trash well there's no problem, you're allowed to have your own opinion anyway

⛧- 今月の少女 -⛧

• I think the people who talks non-sense about Loona's new song being bad are actually some orbits. They also love to drag Everglow in for some reason... Then shit goes all haywire while I grab my popcorn and sit back.

Take a look at this twitter thread

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Tmi, there was a Twitter chat/call room. Idk what they call it, with 80+ orbits literally doing nothing but shit talking Everglow (never heard and seen a Kpop cult like this before 🤣). I have no idea why but they seemed triggered. It's like have some grudges against Everglow for some reason.

• I think the people who talks non-sense about Loona's new song being bad are actually some orbits. They also love to drag Everglow in for some reason... Then shit goes all haywire while I grab my popcorn and sit back.

Take a look at this twitter thread

External Content twitter.com

these people in the thread aren't orbits ;(

but yeah stan twitter in general loves to shit on everglow. doesn't help that most of it is composed of orbits :/ they rule twitter

⛧- 今月の少女 -⛧

• I think Loona is a group that really embrace their lore. All their title tracks are always related to their lore (even if it's not blatant like aespa) and their sound would correspond to the story it currently tell, or at least that's how I feel. Maybe that's why they "didn't have original sound".

• Don’t really care for the signature sound thing or whatever. Peeps be saying that about almost every single gg that’s not nugu lol (except a few ggs who never change their style ever but i personally don’t like their music in the first place and so that ironically just pushes me away from those groups even further lol). All i know is that ptt is a jam and the girls ate up the concept, which is a nice change from their previous 2 title tracks :pepe-toilet:

• Honestly Loona is such an interesting group music-wise, I would lie if I said that I have listened to all their songs but it actually fascinates me the level of production of some of their songs and their predebut stuff was truly worthy of it's hype :

New was so good and it has a very unique vibe for a Kpop song

Singing in the rain second prechorus lives rent free on my mind

Love Cherry Motion was shocking, catchy and cool

Egoistic is... Probably one of my fave Kpop songs, seriously, I love everything about this song and the MV so much, the lyrics just improve it even more.

For the group stuff I have liked So what and Why Not the most ngl, So What bridge is great, and Why Not is so damn good, the outro hits so hard and it's the definion of "dreamy". (I actually think this song perfectly fits them).

Honestly thinking about it, I feel like I just like the dreamy vibe so much, but specially when it has a darker/weirder approach. NCT whole concept is around dreams and I have noticed that many songs from them (even some of their title tracks like Limitless or Punch) give me dreamy vibes and not only because of the lyrics.

It all comes to personal preferences but I'll tell you that for ggs when It comes to music quality, production value, etc they are top 3 in my book.

Neo got my back

bottom!Taeyong | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

• People literally said that Butterfly was too high pitched for them and now they act as if Jesus himself streamed that song

I am a Loona stan since Heejin’s Vivid and the one setting Loona up are a lot of Orbits who like one or two predebut songs and expect every song to sound like that.

exactly my point ^^

like orbits called hi high generic and butterfly was being called noise all year long and they were begging for loona to switch producers and now all of a sudden we miss the old sound and we want monotree back lol can they stop revising history??

⛧- 今月の少女 -⛧

• exactly my point ^^

like orbits called hi high generic and butterfly was being called noise all year long and they were begging for loona to switch producers and now all of a sudden we miss the old sound and we want monotree back lol can they stop revising history??

Exactly, i think though that it is obvious that they changed their direction due to Jaden Jeong’s departure since I think his strategy was good internationally but didn’t reflect immediately on the sales and was very expensive. Nevertheless Loona still has such a high quality even though I want their sub units back since sometimes some members (Vivi, Gowon, Yeojin) vanish compared to the other member

• I have no clue about Loona. I was following then until Kim Lip pre debut song then life happened and I had no time for kpop.

Listening this album I might need to look through they previous albums because for me the album literally 9/10.

:claps:

you really should, they have an amazing discography! ++, max &match and xx are fan favorites, but i really like # and beauty&thebeat as well :)

⛧- 今月の少女 -⛧

• I started staning Loona since Heejin first teaser, please tell me how songs such as Vivid, Eclipse, Singing in the rain and the units releases compare to what they're releasing now heck even Egoist which has a girl crush sound to it doesn't even compare to what they're releasing now, peredebut loona will always be the superior loona and I'm staring to accept that, and I'll support loona no matter what after all they still have good quality b-sides .

• please tell me how songs such as Vivid, Eclipse, Singing in the rain and the units releases compare to what they're releasing now

you can't compare them because they're all different song with different genres and producers, wether you like them or not is up to your own tastes, and it's not that deep.

just because you disliked loona's most recent title tracks doesn't mean that their music went bad all of the sudden :eyes:

⛧- 今月の少女 -⛧

• you can't compare them because they're all different song with different genres and producers, wether you like them or not is up to your own tastes, and it's not that deep.

just because you disliked loona's most recent title tracks doesn't mean that their music went bad all of the sudden :eyes:

Even though those songs had different producers they still had that loona sound and I don't dislike their new releases i just which they were similar to the quality releases they used to release

• We will never be free from the clutches of "ex-orbits" :pepe-sad:

If their music is no longer appealing to you, just move on with your life. No need to write essays about how they're OVER and RUINED and no longer UNIQUE every single time. It's just kpop.

Anyway, stream soty PTT

External Content youtu.be

• I think groups are allowed to try differents styles of concept and music. I wasnt rly into their last 2 releases song wise, but i loved PTT. And i wish people who dont even stan them or keep up with them would stop to keep spreading around that they've "lost" their identity. Especially when their harder hitting stuff have gained them a lot of new fans..

• yeahhh sometimes i get annoyed with people trying to stuff LOONA into this little "butterfly cosmic dream" music box .. and i've been hearing the "loona lost their sound" since they released So What .. they're still here complaining 2 comebacks later .. like give it up!! combined with the line distribution whiners and a (small) minority calling LOONA .. Heejin/Chuu and Friends.... it really kills the hype of the comeback.....

MCNDLOONAASTROMAMAMOOTOO

• This thread contains 13 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!