KPOP, Human Rights, and Hypocrisy

• Regarding all that has happened with Palestine and America’s refusal to stop funding terrorism, I just wanted to discuss some things regarding Human rights, hypocrisy, and fake “woke” shit that happens in KPOP (Music in general since Nicki Minaj cancelled her Saudi concert)

As many of you know, BTS performed in Saudi Arabia in October 2019, with that came huge backlash. Many Non-Arab Army’s were pissed that BTS (BigHit’s decision) who just spoke at the UN were know performing in Saudi Arabia, a country criticized for their human rights abuses not only domestically but internationally as well (YEMEN). But, what I never understood is why this fake woke bishes only care for Saudi Arabia and not all the other countries that commit mass human rights abuses

China:

-Major Uyghur human rights abuses and POSSIBLE ethnic cleansing.

-Hong Kong (do I even have to say sum?)

-Tibet (same thing)

And many many more. China has a hallyu ban but this was being committed far before that

America:

-Police Brutality

-Massacred Millions in “Wars” that have absolutely no justification.

- Destroyed Iraq, Afghanistan (along with Russia and UK), Proxy War in Syria

-Funds and sells military arms to Israel to abuse and commit ethnic cleansing of Palestinians and Funds and sells military arms to Saudi Arabia to abuse and at this point commit genocide against Yemenis.

-America also assassinated Gaddafi (said he was a terrorist, but he was the one that rid his country of terrorism before America undid all that) and destroyed Africa’s 5th wealthiest Nation, Libya. They did this on the claims that it was a humanitarian issue, yet now Libya is infested with terrorists and there is an ongoing LITERAL Slave trade of Black libyans/migrants because of America’s invasion. (Turns out the real reason they needed to kill Gaddafi in ‘11 was because he was changing the currency to a gold-backed currency and was a Pan-Africanist that wanted to rid Africa of American/European imperialism)

-Also Invaded Somalia for no real reason and acted like the victim.

-Created ISIS and Taliban.

And many many more

France

- Has assassinated Dozens of African presidents and overthrown dozens of governments

-Looting Africa till this day

- Also was the other half in Hillary’s/Obama’s invasion of Libya. Interestingly, their president ended up in Jail but Hillary walks around freely.

- Uses Africans as their test products.

- For a secular country they act the same as Saudi Arabia but are the complete opposite type of controlling. Regulates what Muslims wear (women and religious rights huh?)

And many many more.

So please let me ask all my fellow Americans (and others as well) who were pissed at BTS, why are y’all such hypocrites? Y’all have probably seen the news of America vetoing any sanctions against Israel for their human rights abuses. America and Israel supported South African apartheid until they had no other choice. How can you even point a finger? You have four pointing back.

They act like BTS was funding Saudi Arabia when they held a concert with a private company. If American, French, British army can get a concert despite all the evil their countries are doing then why not Saudis? :melon_think:

If people didn’t want Saudi Army to have a concert then countries like America, France, and the U.K shouldn’t either. People love to make the Arabs look barbaric but they’ve never looked in the mirror. People need to stop being hypocrites, these fake woke people don’t actually give af for human rights.

Lord this was my rant but please discuss.

Also please don’t switch this to world topics.

• It's always controversial when it comes to Saudi Arabia because of ideological reasons. The WWE received some backlash too when they decided to organize a super show there. The main reason for the backlash? It was to be a womanless show. Female wrestlers were not allowed to perform. Yet the WWE went there anyway because MONEY. At the end of the day, businesses do business.

Now, why not the same stigma towards China? Because China is a military and an economical power, Saudi Arabia is not. Nobody wants to mess with the Chinese.

America? Dude, woke culture was born there. They're not gonna get cancelled by their own hands.

UK? Fallen empire. Basically irrelevant in the global picture.

France? Fallen empire, same as UK. We're nugu, so please leave us alone. ;(

• Thank you. i have ALWAYS said this. You can't pick and choose which countries' violations of human rights and literal war crimes to ignore and which to have a problem with.

there are islamophobic and xenophobic undertones to that outrage BTS received for performing in SA, as well as despicable west-centrism.

• The same can be said about fans who only care about social issues when their faves are involved and apart from that dgaf.

About Saudi... I think people are more judgmental towards them because when it comes to human rights they still live in the 19th century... only recently women were allowed to drive and there is a death penalty for people who are openly LGBT, no need to say more.... many acts canceled to perform there for a reason.

But it’s true not just SA should be called out. But at that time it was the topic so people go for the more extreme. That’s also the reason I don’t like people holding America on such a high pedestal.

• Human rights abuses have happened forever people usually only care about it when major regional and global powers do it and even then due to the inability to do anything against it as an individual alone it's mainly a whine that first-worlders do for virtue-signaling.

• The same can be said about fans who only care about social issues when their faves are involved and apart from that dgaf.

About Saudi... I think people are more judgmental towards them because when it comes to human rights they still live in the 19th century... only recently women were allowed to drive and there is a death penalty for people who are openly LGBT, no need to say more.... many acts canceled to perform there for a reason.

and that reason is hypocrisy.

did you read everything op wrote? why is no one boycotting the USA for selling arms to Israel which are then used to kill civilian women and children? the USA, UK and co literally destroyed Iraq with the claim they were producing nuclear weapons and years later they admitted it was all a lie, hundreds of thousands of deaths, the destruction of a previously flourishing and rich country, the birth of ISIS all because of a lie to cover the real purpose which was Iraq's oil. why are these heinous crimes more tolerable than SA's violations for human rights? it is this pickiness that is a problem.

But it’s true not just SA should be called out. But at that time it was the topic so people go for the more extreme. That’s also the reason I don’t like people holding America on such a high pedestal.

Western countries like America/UK act like it’s still the crusades to Middle Eastern countries. They give an automatic death sentence to those that oppose their imperialism, man/woman/straight/lgbt/young/old/wealthy/poor.

• and that reason is hypocrisy.

did you read everything op wrote? why is no one boycotting the USA for selling arms to Israel which are then used to kill civilian women and children? the USA, UK and co literally destroyed Iraq with the claim they were producing nuclear weapons and years later they admitted it was all a lie, hundreds of thousands of deaths, the destruction of a previously flourishing and rich country, the birth of ISIS all because of a lie to cover the real purpose which was Iraq's oil. why are these heinous crimes more tolerable than SA's violations for human rights? it is this pickiness that is a problem.

I didn’t denied the hypocrisy it definitely exist lol. But this Thread screams whataboutism.

Anyway It’s not that easy to boycott America when majority of social justice warriors are coming from there.

China ? Like someone said, people love their money.

The world is a hypocrite, but some countries don’t even try to act like they care about human rights.

• Western countries like America/UK act like it’s still the crusades to Middle Eastern countries. They give an automatic death sentence to those that oppose their imperialism, man/woman/straight/lgbt/young/old/wealthy/poor.

I won’t be here denying that the west is hypocrite. But I have the feeling that this is somehow trying to defend the violation of human rights in the Middle East by saying “look the west is bad too”... so what now? We should stop talking about it or talk about the west as well ? A lot of people already do, maybe you shouldn’t just look at what Kpop stans talk about.

People are going after America, China and the rest too. The whole world was talking about the police brutality in America and racism, people were canceling China several times in the last two years :eyes:

You can’t boycott everything, many people will not care just many still visit SA for business etc.

• I won’t be here denying that the west is hypocrite. But I have the feeling that this is somehow trying to defend the violation of human rights in the Middle East by saying “look the west is bad too”... so what now? We should stop talking about it or talk about the west as well ? A lot of people already do, maybe you shouldn’t just look at what Kpop stans talk about.

People are going after America, China and the rest too. The whole world was talking about the police brutality in America and racism, people were canceling China several times in the last two years :eyes:

Lol, no one has cancelled China, America, or any other countries concert or anything else for that matter was “cancelled”. They’re still thriving yet anyone who dares to think about Saudi Arabia is heavily criticized (ie, Nicki Minaj who was forced to cancel her SA concert).

🤷🏻‍♀️

• Lol, no one has cancelled China, America, or any other countries concert or anything else for that matter was “cancelled”. They’re still thriving yet anyone who dares to think about Saudi Arabia is heavily criticized (ie, Nicki Minaj who was forced to cancel her SA concert).

🤷🏻‍♀️

So it’s just about the concerts ? I thought it was about social issues ?

Btw, Nicki Minaj is all about female empowerment, so people would have called her hypocrite to perform in SA.

• That’s it? Whataboutism? Calling out people who don’t actually give af for human rights but act like they do is whataboutism? Then so be it.

That’s whataboutism. People can still find other things worse than others. They can still voice out their opinions towards other things more than other things. You literally say: wow you are all so hypocritical because you do not care about xy. What if they care about it but didn’t care about it in that moment? What if they do only care about a partical topic?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!