Is china the reason for sm and yg success?

• Check gaon retail chart, it shows offline korean stores sales

http://mobile.gaonchart.co.kr/…etail.gaon?time_type=year

https://www.allkpop.com/articl…of-new-retail-album-chart

BP The Album sold around 600k

NCT resonance around 700k

NCT Dream Hot Sauce sold 1M+,no other group besides BTS could reach that amount recently

So it's not cbars doing most of the work, their kfandom is the strongest right now along Seventeen and BTS. They all sell really well in korean stores and their popularity is well distributed in many countries

• I think that if you use the math you must be learning in school and take BP total sales and decrease by the reported Chinese ones you will..... Wait ... A little more... See that they would still be selling more than any other gg... Album wise saying obviously.

But I have faith that math won't be just an accessory to you and that you will use it for good!!

• The Album has nearly 900k sales that aren't from C-BLINKs. Give them like a year and they'll definitely be a million seller without them if that makes you happy.

Honestly Chinese fandoms probably make up at least 10% of every groups albums each comeback anyway.

"Bunch of wannabes that wanna be me, me three if I was you"

Edited 3 times, last by jenniesbtch ().

• Idk about BP but for NCT it's both China and SK, also there hasn't been a ban lift yet as K-pop acts still can't tour there, they have always bought albums though, they are just doing it more now for every big group, some

c-bars are crazy rich.

Neo got my back

bottom!Taeyong | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

• China was already buying albums even during the ban and while the cbars play a strong part of the fandoms, it’s only a part.

Man, NCT Dream selling two million albums has a lot of people feeling a certain kind of way.

5nsz.gif

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• it's more than 1M though like 1.2 M

let me check the exact amount

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Chinese bars only contributed 500K copies the rest are Kblinks and international fans

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• People in this thread are so insecure haha

Of course China fans helped a lot.

Exo recent comeback got carried by Chinese fans

BP Chinese fans bought 1/3 from Blackpink lastest album.

Nct dream Yt views without ads are average, their digital sales are average, their Spotify streams are below average, they are nowhere in the BB200 but they sold almost 2M its easy to see where the sales are coming.

• People in this thread are so insecure haha

Of course China fans helped a lot.

Exo recent comeback got carried by Chinese fans

BP Chinese fans bought 1/3 from Blackpink lastest album.

Nct dream Yt views without ads are average, their digital sales are average, their Spotify streams are below average, they are nowhere in the BB200 but they sold almost 2M its easy to see where the sales are coming.

I know it's your brand to belittle any group that isn't your faves but just fyi, nct dream can't chart on Billboard because they don't have distribution in the US, so they aren't in the same position as nct 127 and nct 2020, whose albums were distributed there due to 127 contract with Capitol

• I know it's your brand to belittle any group that isn't your faves but just fyi, nct dream can't chart on Billboard because they don't have distribution in the US, so they aren't in the same position as nct 127 and nct 2020, whose albums were distributed there due to 127 contract with Capitol

There are tons of groups without any distribution who charted in BB200.

It's a cheap excuse especially when you know how BB200 are working.

Even 2nd generation groups like Bigbang or 2NE1 8 years ago charted there with literally 0 presence in the States.

• There are tons of groups without any distribution who charted in BB200.

It's a cheap excuse especially when you know how BB200 are working.

Even 2nd generation groups like Bigbang or 2NE1 8 years ago charted there with literally 0 presence in the States.

Name recent groups that could chart without distribution or US label, not legends from 2nd gen that were some of the first to break the international market. Like it's bad for nct dream that they can't chart like THE Bigbang in the US??? lol

everyone knows how most of the groups are charting there, companies publish tons of links to preorder their albums in different american online stores, they get promo, their fans focus on their first week sales helping with digitals, stores like Target get full stock of the albums, etc

A group that can't have a single album found being sold in an american store isn't going to chart, especially when fans know they got no label or US debut so why even bother

• Name recent groups that could chart without distribution or US label, not legends from 2nd gen that were some of the first to break the international market. Like it's bad for nct dream that they can't chart like THE Bigbang in the US??? lol

everyone knows how most of the groups are charting there, companies publish tons of links to preorder their albums in different american online stores, they get promo, their fans focus on their first week sales helping with digitals, stores like Target get full stock of the albums, etc

A group that can't have a single album found being sold in an american store isn't going to chart, especially when fans know they got no label or US debut so why even bother

Loona?

I maybe wrong. Don't know if they have distribution.

BTS and BP also charted when they didnt have distribution

• for BP, 500k is 1/3 of sales though not 100%. math is not mathing, op?

your narrative doesn't support the fact that bp can chart in bb 200 and bb hot 100. stay pressed. :pepe_akorns:

• Loona?

I maybe wrong. Don't know if they have distribution.

BTS and BP also charted when they didnt have distribution

yes they have, even a special store for the US

and bp and bts are the top groups internationally, just like with bigbang and 2ne1, there's no point comparing an Asia-focused group with zero US promo like nct dream to them, they were never meant to be their competition

• yes they have, even a special store for the US

and bp and bts are the top groups internationally, just like with bigbang and 2ne1, there's no point comparing an Asia-focused group with zero US promo like nct dream to them, they were never meant to be their competition

BTS charted on bb200 since 2015, the first act outside of big3... and got the highest ranking kpop album in 2016 with Wings. All this without promo, label and stores.

"Overspending on my pens, that are more in number... than your fans" - Suga.

• BTS charted on bb200 since 2015, the first act outside of big3... and got the highest ranking kpop album in 2016 with Wings. All this without promo, label and stores.

ok and? Idk why you quoting me with that lol I'm not talking about bts or comparing them to others, my comment was about nct dream situation and only them

I even said it's pointless to mention Bigbang or bts because they and dream are in different levels ;(

• ok and? Idk why you quoting me with that lol I'm not talking about bts or comparing them to others, my comment was about nct dream situation and only them

I even said it's pointless to mention Bigbang or bts because they and dream are in different levels ;(

I am just pointing out that BTS was also Asia focused group with zero US promo and support when they first started charting in 2015.

At that time no one expected them to be so hugely successful in future, not even BTS and ARMYs, much less were meant for it.

"Overspending on my pens, that are more in number... than your fans" - Suga.

• just pointing out that BTS was also Asia focused group with zero US promo and support when they first started charting in 2015.

At that time no one expected them to be so hugely successful in future, not even BTS and ARMYs, much less were meant for it.

ok and it's still not comparable situations, or do you expect nct dream to do what BTS did years ago? No, right? because that would put them in a similar path, and that's not true

Bts case is special just like Bigbang or blackpink, not every group can chart on BB200 without US distribution despite having a big fanbase, we saw that with Seventeen and got7, so using it as drag or proof nct dream sales are fabricated is dumb AF (not you, but the OP I replied first implied that).

There's literally no reason to keep talking about bts (or YG groups) achievements here, like why suddenly the random nct unit everyone dismissed is expected to chart like them??? ;(

• ok and? Idk why you quoting me with that lol I'm not talking about bts or comparing them to others, my comment was about nct dream situation and only them

I don't talk about levels everyone knows that.

But still absolutely no reason why a group who sell 2M with countless versions can't even chart in the BB200 for even 1 week.

If you don't wanna compare groups 8 years ago then what about TWICE? They also charted in the BB200 chart.

• A lot of other groups too.

Mass funding even before knowing the album and collecting money from like 1 year before and having non shippable albums definitely contribute to the sales.

• I don't talk about levels everyone knows that.

But still absolutely no reason why a group who sell 2M with countless versions can't even chart in the BB200 for even 1 week.

If you don't wanna compare groups 8 years ago then what about TWICE? They also charted in the BB200 chart.

not you bringing up twice girlies lmao

The last cb got tons of links for digital and physical preorder for US sales, as someone who follows their twt account I saw it everywhere

Once again, when a group in Nct dream's situation (no distribution in America,no preorder links for american fans, not even a morning show appearance) can chart then share it.

Everyone knows how popular got7 were during their peak yet they never charted on bb200, but their member Jackson could and peaked higher than most groups. Why? Got7 was the only jyp group with no distribution deal. Now that's a comparable situation.

And even if they flopped on Billboard like you imply, who cares? Why are asian sales less important? 1million sales alone in korean stores is something to be ashamed of? That's their main market! selling millions in their country is worse than selling 20k in the US?

and yes they proved their kfanbase power with the consistent digital sales + live votes for music shows, they are actually charting higher than the average bgs

• This was about China, why is everyone talking about the US?

Anyways, China helps but they aren't the sole responsible. There are other countries in the world other than China and the US.

• And even if they flopped on Billboard like you imply, who cares? Why are asian sales less important? 1million sales alone in korean stores is something to be ashamed of? That's their main market! selling millions in their country is worse than selling 20k in the US?

this should have been your sole argument. don't give these pathetic xenophobes any more attention

This was about China, why is everyone talking about the US?

Anyways, China helps but they aren't the sole responsible. There are other countries in the world other than China and the US.

don't you know? asian fans are lesser than americans and therefore their sales and contributions don't matter :pepe-toast:

• Are you serious? The topic is about China sales and I implied that the most sales from nct dream is coming from China and that's a fact, Idk why are you so insecure about that lmaoo.

And why you don't show the comebacks from the last 2 years from Twice?

How about that you read your comments and reread the topic?

You wanna prove me that nct dream would chart when they have the distribution when in fact that they don't have any demand in the US.

But comparing 2nd generation groups whithout any distribution 8 years ago or a rookie Bts 6 years ago are another level for a SM group in 2021 with 2M sureeeeee😂

• this should have been your sole argument. don't give these pathetic xenophobes any more attention

don't you know? asian fans are lesser than americans and therefore their sales and contributions don't matter :pepe-toast:

Nobody said that.

But what can I expect from you?

Reading and understanding simple words is already a hard task for you.

• ? Someone created a new duplicate account for trolling and baiting purposes, pretending to be a JYP stan (or actually being a JYP stan)? :whatb:

Am I reading this correctly: in order to trash and piss on trivialize and shade the impressive album sales of YG and SM groups, antis and other-company stans are treating the sales of Chinese fans as of less value than the album sales of American and other non-Chinese sales??

This feels a bit like veiled racism or cultural arrogance/prejudice, tbh :pepenomad::nob:

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

Edited once, last by FoReveries ().

• Twice started charting on BB200 since M&M, the era where they started getting US distribution, you just proved my point lmao

none of us would have mentioned US sales if you didn't dismiss NCT Dream popularity by mentioning an US focused chart where only selected groups are able to chart due to label deals, or if you are bts or Bigbang, which again is a praise to Nct Dream, people expecting them to chart like the biggest bgs internationally<3

" the most sales from nct dream is coming from China and that's a fact" and you have zero proof of that, yet keep ignoring the Gaon retail chart where Dream sold already 1M+ copies, more than half of their 2M. So it's a FACT most of their sales are coming from Korea, or are you going to call the retail chart fraudulent?

Guess using actual charts and data doesn't fit your narrative.

"There's no demand" yeah you just hating, keep living in your bubble where everyone but your faves are flops with fake sales and where asian fans are worthless

this should have been your sole argument. don't give these pathetic xenophobes any more attention

I'm sorry, I just wanted to correct that user false claims, I won't bother anymore with such a sad troll :zipr:

Many non-fans don't know about nct dream and their lack of american distribution, I started the convo for future reference if anyone wants to bring BB200 to drag them

• This thread contains 21 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!