What made you a fan? Army, Blink, Once, VIP, Sone etc. etc. etc.

• I am an official ArmyBlink, but before I became one, I was a VIP; and still am.

VIP: I became a VIP through a friend. I saw Lies and then became a VIP in 2009. Before that, I didn't have a connection to Kpop.

Blink: YG uploaded a video of Jennie in 2012. At that moment, I was waiting for Jennie's debut and have been a Blink since Blackpink's debut.

Army: Blood, Sweat and Tears sealed the deal and I became an Army at the end of 2016. I'm regretting the time I didn't stan them. Missed such great concepts.

How did you become fans? <3

• Blackpink : I was a big fan of 2ne1 so hearing that a sister group would debut under YG hyped me and i was please with what they release so far

Red velvet : I always liked originals things who stand out and they directly stand out to me as a group who had a clear Artistic and musical vision

SNSD: I liked Mr.Taxi it was my first song and i didn't even know what Kpop was at this time , i thought they were a jpop GG, and i kept trying to learn more about them, i like their songs but i didn't who the whole stanning culture etc... and i watched their tv show, and i just become obsess with trying to learn more about them, they made me laugh, and without noticing i end up only listening to their songs

NCT : Same than Red velvet, i've been a kpop fan for years, i've seen every 3rd gen group debut and i follow all of them but none of them stand out to me, i started to be kind of borrowed

Since Infinite wasn't very active i wasn't stanning any boygroup, i was a full time GG stan, but when NCT concept was announce, i was very excited and it was the first time in years that something kpop related excite me as much because they were bringing something fresh to kpop and were breaking the image of the traditional kpop group

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON

• I’m a fan of a lot of ggs doesn’t really show since I criticize a lot lol but here from what I can remember

Twice: from TT era.. I just fell for their fresh and cute energy

Bp: since the teasers dropped nnnnnnnn those were good teasers ngl. I have a hot and cold relationship with this group

Stayc: once so bad dropped I loved everything about them it was instant attraction and I knew I needed to be one of the five intl fans

Aespa: was on the fence at first bc of the concept but ningning cought my attention and then fell for all the girls and now they are probably my #1 group I love them the concept the storyline everything is great and hope it continue to be.

omg: I check for them since 2015 and I just love them. They have great chemistry and truly seem comfortable with each other something I find lacking in other groups + they are consistent with their concept and put out great music

I also like snsd 21 rv itzy gidle weeekly purple kiss too lazy to write about and looking forward to lightsum and hybe ggs

Your average ggs enthusiast...

• TWICE- Was home with the flu just flipping through videos on YouTube. TWICE popped up as a suggestion. Fell for them immediately, even though I'd never heard of kpop before. They were so fresh and energetic (total opposite of typical western music) and just made me smile. I'll probably ditch kpop when TWICE is over, but it's been fun.

• Blackpink was my first group. I was there for debut because my friend was an anti! She was a Blackjack and didn't want BP to debut so it got me interested. Then I got into other YG groups, and then K-Pop in general.

I became a Red Velvet fan when they released Psycho though I loved Seulgi way before that.

And I have liked Twice since I discovered Cry For Me. I think Once's thought I was trolling when I made multiple appreciation threads for it on the old forum but I was genuinely smitten. Now I like 99% of their songs and I was up too late last night editing my Jihyo pinterest board.

• TxT: Can’t you see me music video. As someone who was only an army until last year I didn’t bothered with them but decided to check it out when it was recommended on YouTube.... then I was shocked how different it was from Cat&Dog... then I fell for them hard.

BTS: Again YouTube handed it to me. Run was recommended. I was an inspirit before then and that won me over. The whole universe thing and theories!

G-Idle: Queendom, they started out as underdog. I was like poor them... then they did that nightmare version and I was shocked how great they were. Checked out they music and bammm.

Purple Kiss: Ponzona... purple is my favorite color, I checked out they debut and I loved they style, voice, personality.

• BTS

I was introduced to BTS via Dope by my nephew in 2015. I found it cute but at that time my prejudice about kpop (manufactured, guys wearing makeups, copy cats of western music, only for teens) was still strong.

Then my niece went down the rabbit hole in 2016 and kept showing me or making me listen to BTS contents. I just played along to amuse her, still wasn’t interested. But then MAMA, MMA, KBS etc 2017 happened. For some reason, that year my cable showed all kpop year end music award shows and I watched with her. By that time my niece had became a multi and kept introducing me to other acts. But wow I was mesmerised by BTS only. Turned out that their live performances were my weakness :oops:

• Fan of kdrama and kvarieties. So was familiar with kpop and groups but no one impressed or made me interested until boy in luv got released.

K varieties usually play idol song at the end of the program, seen boy in luv in that way and searched them up.

Txt - saw them on award shows, was impressed with choreography and runaway was my go to song that year, heard runaway japanese version and decide to actually listen their music and became a moa after that.

BB4 - galaxy became a hit among idols after that performance and I checked their discography and fell in love with their songs so became a fan. Even though my bias left the duo, she doesn't really release anything now so I stick with jiyoung releases as i love her voice..

Became a fan of chungha during produce so I follow her releases.

• BTS - I saw BWL trending in YT. I checked them out and wasn't hook because I can't understand a thing and still thought kpop is for teens. Then YT recommended Fake Love. I finally realized there's a subtitle :S and was really impressed with the lyrics. YT kept recommending BTS so down the rabbithole I go.

TXT - Checked them because they are BTS juniors. Saw Crown and moved on. A month before the Can't You See Me era, I accidentally watched their 20cm performance. I was blown away and finally checked their discography. Became a MOA during the the CYSM era.

• suju : their variety shows, it's you and shinning star (also kyuhyun voice <3 )

Bigbang : haru haru and lies (and taeyang is soo boyfriend material)

T-ara (or jiyeon exactly) : jiyeon, jiyeon, jiyeon again and master of study

Winner : who is next (officialy missing you, smile again and winner tv)

Bts : dope, jungkook, their performances, run bts, born singer, cypher 3, rookie king) and their songs from 2015 until today :borahae:

• Official Post

NCT: been listening to their music on Spotify for a w while. Made learning how the units work my pandemic project.

Astro: All Night came up in my YouTube recs and I was obsessed with it.

GOT7: I actually found Jus2 first. Fell in love with Jaebeom's voice.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!