Why is EXO’s discography so loved and praised?

• Exol and others too if you wanna answer to the thread... what sets EXO apart?

Honestly for me it’s not just that they have good singers but it’s how well they all sing together and this includes the vocalists as well as non vocalists. EXO is just an extremely cohesive group. No one sounds out of place in an exo song.

Their b sides are to. DIE for. And the reason why EXO’s b-sides are so loved is because EXO has that range. In the sense not everyone can do so many different genre and so many different styles so very very well which is why a lot of albums fall flat for me. But not EXO. You’ll have that EDM banger. You’ll have that r&b, you’ll have that ballad. Their albums just have so much to offer for everyone. Don’t like hype songs? You have ballads. Don’t like EDM? There’s a lot of r&b. Don’t like the slow sensual songs? There’s a lot of catchy pop in the mix as well.

Exo’s style and song delivery - it’s unmatched.

External Content open.spotify.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• External Content open.spotify.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Anyway did I make this thread after listening to baby you are 84 times in a row? Why yes. Yes I did

tenor.gif

The way I let this song flop in the b side battle. I’m so sorry baby you are sweetie. :angryr: :waterr:

• What sets EXO apart for me is definitely their group harmonies and B-sides. No one does group harmonies like them and their range is really good as well. You can expect to like something from every single album of theirs, they don't put out bad songs at all. The quality is there, the vocals are there, there's lots of genres to pick from, each member has their own sounds that you can differentiate. I like that they come back with new sounds as well, you don't see a group releasing songs like wolf, kokobop, obsession and then coming out with winter ballads like universe, sing for you, for life. They have proven how strong they are as individuals that even their solo, and subunits are strong discography wise. In summary, EXO's discography is just GOOD. They deserve every praise for how good it is. EXO's bsides are not something you find in every group.

• What sets EXO apart for me is definitely their group harmonies and B-sides. No one does group harmonies like them and their range is really good as well. You can expect to like something from every single album of theirs, they don't put out bad songs at all. The quality is there, the vocals are there, there's lots of genres to pick from, each member has their own sounds that you can differentiate. I like that they come back with new sounds as well, you don't see a group releasing songs like wolf, kokobop, obsession and then coming out with winter ballads like universe, sing for you, for life. They have proven how strong they are as individuals that even their solo, and subunits are strong discography wise. In summary, EXO's discography is just GOOD. They deserve every praise for how good it is. EXO's bsides are not something you find in every group.

Exactly my thoughts.

1.The group harmonies and cohesive singing.

2. Variety of genre

3. Their stylistic delivery from vocal tone to individual charms

Finest ever.

• Because they have well produced songs and they are amazing vocalists and interprets who know how to incorporate it's quality. What is important.

They know how to DELIVER a song. Actually all the producers from Marz to LDN to everyone the one thing they always say is how easy it is to work with EXO in the sense how well they deliver what’s expected of the song. I think that’s a stand out quality

BTW user Minazuki did you know we have an EXO guild. You should comment there and have fun with us even if you don’t join.

• The songs are good themselves, their voices mix rlly well with eachother, their vocals👌😩, they have explored and ventured into numerous genres, Quality>>quantity

In so glad to see everyone point out how well their voices mix. That’s sooo true. If you hear some of LDN Noise raws of exo songs where they show how they layer exo vocals it literally gives me goosebumps how well their vocals tones mix.

• They know how to DELIVER a song. Actually all the producers from Marz to LDN to everyone the one thing they always say is how easy it is to work with EXO in the sense how well they deliver what’s expected of the song. I think that’s a stand out quality

BTW user Minazuki did you know we have an EXO guild. You should comment there and have fun with us even if you don’t join.

When Marz used to work at SM, I remember EXO was his favorites. He was always praising their talent and politeness (especially Suho's) and I thought it was funny, cause he was always so frustated listening to K-pop music and saying no one matched EXO's quality. But I can understand him, cause EXO set the bar too high. And It's something us, fans, and even non-fans agree.

• It's been a while since i saw an appreciation thread.

To me,

1) Harmonies are top-tier. The Best in industry.

Eg :- Lucky One (Pre-Chorus)

External Content youtu.be

Love Me Right (Chorus and Bridge)

Forever (Chorus)

2) Jaw Dropping Vocals. I mean it, Sometimes even I am taken aback by it.

Some of my favorites :-

3) Instrumentals are really good. They are not too overly powerful not too weak either. Production level is crazy. Very Balanced output.

4) Variety of Genres and styles :-

I love Pikachu.

Always have, Always will.

"Pika-Pi"

• Ayo i was getting tired if I saw one more troll worthy WHY DID EXO FLOP post I was about to snap :cryingr:

Ther variety really is such a great quality. Not just variety for the sake of variety but they do it WELL. From something hip hop like Obsession to a rock ballad like Universe EXO never EVER E V E R miss.

• Ayo i was getting tired if I saw one more troll worthy WHY DID EXO FLOP post I was about to snap :cryingr:

Ther variety really is such a great quality. Not just variety for the sake of variety but they do it WELL. From something hip hop like Obsession to a rock ballad like Universe EXO never EVER E V E R miss.

I would like EXO to do country music.

I love Pikachu.

"Pika-Pi"

• I think everyone already said everything lol. Their discography is so loved and praised because of how good it is. They have so much variety while maintaining a sound that appeals to the same type of people (their fans). They have an amazing main vocal line and utilize it well in songs. They have great harmonization, and unlike a lot of kpop groups, have harmonized choruses. They utilize contrasts between low and high notes, and the baritones and tenors in the groups' vocals well.

And of course, the main reason it is so loved and praised is because so many people like it

• Everyone has said everything I wanted to say. Their voices are so distinct and yet when they come together they are so cohesive and effortless. I love their harmonies. Every song turns into gold with those beautiful voices. And the production just adds to it. Maybe that's why there is no bad song from them for me. Their solos and sub units just goes on to show they are beautiful individually as well as together. I have not found another group like Exo and probably never will. They make a bad day turn good for me without fail.

• sure i would love some recommendations!

Check out these albums :-

This album is very slow, mellow and filled with songs you like to hear in Winter.

External Content youtube.com

This album marked a shift in EXO's sonic palette.

This album is, for me and many others, THE BEST POP ALBUM IN RECENT MEMORY.

This album, for lot of EXO-Ls, was THE STANDARD. All albums after this were compared due to this being exceptionally great.

This album is a BIG SPLASH OF NOSTALGIA.

Do let me know what you think. Enjoy.

I love Pikachu.

"Pika-Pi"

• thank you so much! i will def check them out tomorrow! it's currently 12:30am where i live lol. again thank you <3

• exo old town road remix when

Nah. I don't like that song. It's empty.

i don't know if this qualifies for country song but this song is amazing.

Something just like this.

I love Pikachu.

"Pika-Pi"

• Their discography has always been one of the finest. After SHINee, they're second in terms of best discography to me. I have yet to think of a song that I consider a filler in most if not all of their albums. I may not find myself interested in some songs individually but when I listen to their albums' songs altogether, they all seem fit. EXODUS has been my fav album of all the time after The Misconceptions of Us (SHINee).

• It’s probably the obvious answer, but it starts with their vocals. When I was a kitten, my mom always used to make the point that she listened to music based on the VOICE, genre be damned. So even though it was mostly r&b, she loved country artists, rock artists, etc, if they had THE VOICE - which is something I took into my own music appreciation growing up and as an adult. Those amazing VOICES are then combined with exceptional harmonies and some really interesting and strong songs, ranging from sultry r&b to operatic rock to hard-driving dance. Those VOICES are then wrapped around and woven into those songs to suit the mood - playful, sexy, poignant, dark. It’s just so good! ^^

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• You literally recommended almost every album

:angryr:

• Top tier production, variety and consistency. I used to be mainly a rock fan not a fan of r&b or pop but Exo is different. They make it work. Their discography is sth I didn't know I needed before listening to it.

Top tier vocalists; individually each has their own charm and together they sound cohesive. They use their vocals right; high notes/low notes, adlibs, runs, harmonisations are a feast for ears. The exo flavor is unmatched. The vocal production is also top tier.

And personally rap. I am not a fan of hip hop and I dislike swaggy, pretentious rap styles. Rap mostly ruins songs for me. But in Exo it sounds natural, it goes well with the flow and even sounds pleasing to my ears. In my life it's the first time I am enjoying rap.

• They got superior songs and their voices are distinctive + skillful.

For me, their album concepts are impressive as well. It's like they don't repeat themselves so much in music.

소엘가새 ✞ 리밍스피릿 로하로디 베럽이유 믿
    the-boyz-tbz.gif
    Tomorrow X Together

• SM's high standard of quality for music production + willingness to try new sounds while still retaining the core music identity of the group + of course EXO's unique blend of talented and distinct voices. From perfect harmonies, to massive solo belts and high notes, to flexible runs and charming adlibs - they can deliver it all. They're like a record producer's dream group. No one does R&B in kpop like EXO.

• This thread contains 51 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!