Big Bang is the best K-Pop boy group of all time

• Do you agree that Big Bang is the best K-Pop boy group of all time? 58

1. No, I prefer another (38) 66%
    2. Yes, they the best (20) 34%

Yeah, I said it. With my whole chest.

These kings (all 4 of them :eyes:) remain the most unique force the industry has ever seen. Their impact is palpable and their music is timeless.

Unlike other boy groups that cater to very obvious and specific demographics, Big Bang music and concepts and aesthetics felt accessible to everyone--that's why no idol group ever has approached their peak numbers in Korea (other than NJ in some metrics).

Frankly speaking, as a male fan, this is the one boy group I always felt I could be a diehard fan of and not feel remotely self conscious about it, and I'm sure that's a common sentiment specifically among male listeners who may not even necessarily care for K-Pop but adore Big Bang.

I don't know if we'll ever see another boy group with the kind of BROAD appeal that Big Bang had and still has any time they release new music.

I miss my Kings. I hope they return one day just like 2NE1. The four of them. Because they were always four. Yeah :eyes:

• I actually agree. Even though I slightly prefer TVXQ I will admit no other boy group has ever had as many male fans as BigBang. That alone puts them on another level. Nearly every single boy group since has named them as an inspiration. It shows they are beyond kpop. I've said before they are pretty much Epik High but on steroids.

G-Dragon alone has more stage presence in his pinky than most entire groups. Taeyang and T.O.P. are also out of this world when they get on the mic.

One of my favorite stages.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• TVXQ is a worthy candidate for sure. I never really listened to them, but I know their reputation and big legacy.

But Big Bang are just so damn cool. They are just a vibe in a way that no other boy group in K-Pop has ever been.

With pretty much any other boy group, especially live stages, and looking at the lyrics, I was just clearly NOT the target demographic or even close.

Never felt that way with Big Bang.

• Their charisma, their aura, their diverse but cohesive colors as performers, their ability to turn any venue ever into their personal concert, and their timeless music--there really will never be another Big Bang.

I need them to do a surprise album drop :holding-back-tears:

We know the chances are negative :meme-sobbing:

But I'll treasure the kings in my heart!

• I strongly disagree with you! My opinion is still subjective as yours, but Best Boy Group of All Time is SHINee.

Yeah they weren’t bigger than SuperJunior, Bigbang, TVXQ in SK and Japan, but they have one of the best and timeless discography in kpop. They have everything - stage presence, dance, vocals, rap, producing skills and etc. My “princes of kpop” became kings as they grew! Every single one of them has their Solo Discography. Every single one of them excel at something.

Angel Jonghyun- one of the best vocalists in K-pop, has produced not only for himself, but for Shinee, Taemin, Exo, IU, Lee Hi. He even wrote a book! He has 5 self produced albums and he is the first SME idol who had full control over his artistry!

Onew- has one of the most unique and powerful voices in kpop, has a record of holding a longest note in kpop! 40 freaking seconds! He has also very beautiful discography! Also an actor(played in Descendants of the Suns), musical theatre actor! He even tried an Opera, being non classically trained.

Key- A true All Rounder. Fashion Director at SME. King of Retro sound in kpop. One of the best and underrated dancers in K-pop! Has excellent rapping and Singing skills. Multilingual king! The best performer in SHINee!!! Variety King(permanent host of Amazing Saturday)!

Minho- Actor and Idol at the same time! He starred in many many dramas(Hwarang is one of them). One of the most athletic and muscular kpop idols out there! The best rapper in SHINee! He also has short and sweet discography!

Taemin - the one and only son of MJ. Idol of Idols. IMHO best dancer in Kpop! One of the best performers in Kpop! Centre of SuperM(this group was built around him). Has one of the best solo discographies in kpop! We Shawols even joke that he is the second coming of Jesus! One of the most influential idols in the industry! The one and only ACE. The ACE term in kpop was created by him, because of his solo debut (Ace mini album). He is not an Idol but a true Artist! He is one of the most worcaholic idols in the industry! He was said that he was tone deaf! But he practiced days and nights and now can be a main vocal almost in any group!

I can continue but, they are the true kings!

• Rapping was never their forte, yes! But still, they have 2 rappers who wrote their raps themselves!

Yeah but then they have to actually perform the raps ;judgingpepe:

It would be like me comparing Big Bang to Shinee in vocals

They are literally trash why did you set them up😭

Terrible 2nd gen music that aged like milk and filled with members who are criminals why did you think anyone would agree. Korea liked their bad boy image but that won’t stop them from being the garbage that they are.

Bottom tier take and bottom tier opinion. MADE alone surpassed anything your favorite group released ;judgingpepe:

• Yeah but then they have to actually perform the raps ;judgingpepe:

It would be like me comparing Big Bang to Shinee in vocals

Bottom tier take and bottom tier opinion. MADE alone surpassed anything your favorite group released ;judgingpepe:

:pepe-joy:

Like I don’t even enjoy BTS, but BTS who do a similar rap focused music to them are miles ahead.

They are the definition of try hard and cringe and nothing will change that.

• :pepe-joy:

Like I don’t even enjoy BTS, but BTS who do a similar rap focused music to them are miles ahead.

They are the definition of try hard and cringe and nothing will change that.

Your opinion is dumpster juice in its purest form.

There is a reason Big Bang has the best overall digitals of any idol group in history, meaning your tragic opinion, subjective this topic may be, is a minority opinion.

I'll take Big Bang's "try hard", which clearly resonates with everyone till this day, over overtly sensual choreography and lyrics catered towards the female gaze

• Exactly why I love their music.

Maybe I'm not in the mood for Bang Bang Bang or Wow Fantastic Baby or Last Farewell

That's okay.

I can vibe to Bad Boy, Loser, Monster, Haru Haru, Girl Friend...and the list goes on

So. Many. Bangers.

IsaidIsaid is hopeless, I know. I entertained their contrarianism just to be polite :meme-kek:

• my initial impression: Male Blackpink :meme-trying-not-to-laugh:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

BP never released a song this good in their LIFE

• The day Bigbang release masterpices like these

or have insane and incredibly versatile performances like these

or just release the best kpop album ever

External Content open.spotify.com

i will accept them as the best kpop group of all time

• :meme-dont-know::meme-trying-not-to-laugh:

I heard all of these songs and albums

I stand on what I said

• External Content youtu.be

BP never released a song this good in their LIFE

i didnt even realize all the songs ive listened to so far are off their latest album. this was quite good. they also have some good classic yg noise music

• i didnt even realize all the songs ive listened to so far are off their latest album. this was quite good. they also have some good classic yg noise music

MADE was a master piece and watershed moment in K-Pop when it dropped, two singles at a time each month.

Big Bang completely took over the K-Pop world in 2015.

They were the first idol group ever to have two songs rank at the top of every chart for 3 straight months, a feat that hasn't been replicated once...until NewJeans did it with three songs for 3 months.

Any other group would be destroyed by the same scandals that didn't put a single dent in Big Bang's popularity. They are Korea's Choice and favorite boy group forever.

I know you made this thread only to piss off army but I actually agree with you ;judgingpepe:

I actually think they're the best though

Only one group could perform the same song at the MAMAs 3 years in a row and we're all fine with it :meme-kek:

• Your opinion is dumpster juice in its purest form.

There is a reason Big Bang has the best overall digitals of any idol group in history, meaning your tragic opinion, subjective this topic may be, is a minority opinion.

I'll take Big Bang's "try hard", which clearly resonates with everyone till this day, over overtly sensual choreography and lyrics catered towards the female gaze

Like I don’t care about your misogyny that’s not really my problem 👀

• :sweatr1: I own almost every single Bigbang release and am working on all of the plushies for bigbang being added to my shelf but honestly..... EXILE, SHINee, Arashi, KAT-TUN, SexyZone, SixTONES and J Soul Brothers easily dethrone them with physical sales alone, multilingual raps alone or vocal diversity alone. Now if we were talking about being one of the top ten BGs groups of all time or the top 5 trailblazing BGs of all time, then yeah! Even as a VIP I cannot just blindly claim that they are the best over all. :cryingr: Are they super talented, yes! Are they the best :whatr: not exactly.

And that is not a bad thing.

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

JWVYyvb.gif

• This thread contains 163 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!