was nj's previous success real or not

• title 67

1. Real (34) 51%
    2. Fake (33) 49%

eversince the mhj fiasco trolls have been celebrating nj's downfall on several platforms which raises the question, was their previous success real or a product of bsh payola

vote below

• Not sure. They easily got #1s in Melon Korea before, but can't #1 in an empty house now in Korea and are beaten by Youngji who has never had a #1. And can only chart in Spotify Global for 1 day.

Since Super Shy

74.1% drop in global filtered streams

56.3% drop in album sales

Japan Oricon album sales similar to Kep1er
    In all Japanese platforms in the daily charts, Magnetic which is a 3+ month old song is beating them.

Its just weird. Don't know why.

• Real because why else would you explain their B-sides to chart and do well while other groups only see success with their title tracks. People genuinely like their music. It's not that hard to get. But of course this is a Kpop forum after all so there's not much rational thinking expected.

They have one comeback that didn't get a PAK or #1 on the charts and people act like they've been on a hiatus for 8 years and vanished off the earth. Every group has ups and downs commercially. NewJeans is no exception.

The fact that charting #2 and #3, selling million copies and having a sold out FAN MEETING at THE Tokyo Dome is considered a flop for NewJeans (at least by annoying delusional K-Pop stans) speaks volumes of how successful and relevant they are in the Kpop world.

Y'all can tell yourself whatever you want to discredit NewJeans' success but at the end of the day they are still one of the most successful K-Pop groups to ever exist and are a cultural phenomenon.

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I already expected them to be one of the top3 ggs along Ive and aespa even before they debuted because a former successful and influential SM employee + Hybe gg was fated to attract massive attention but the TTH playlist, the hybe stans push and specially all the brand deals they already had in an extremely short period of time (low-key similar to Illit?) was definitely inorganic.

It's ironic how if they weren't as pushed as they were people wouldn't have said they fell so hard, proof is that they're still considered one of the top3 ggs (to me will always be aespa ive and nj without specific order and no one can convince me otherwise) Nj is definitely popular and successful so there was really zero need to pretend they were more popular and successful than they actually were. All that greediness backfired hard and ended up looking like the opposite. It's much better to have a slow but at least steady path to success than not being able to sustain the hype you gathered. One of the reasons why humbleness is a very important trait to have.

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

Edited 2 times, last by catzi ().

• Their music and concepts were more creative and catchy before

i agree, nwjns at first gave off that 90s y2k vibe that a lot of stans didn’t expect from a gg but it was positively received. and that made them stand out. but i will say without some payola, nwjns prolly wouldn’t have been AS big and talked about as they were. but i do believe even without payola they still would chart pretty well, and gain lots fans because of their uniqueness.

8d1a5c11900c4156b1dc0a74a4d6c177f8d78a5a.gifv

(that one minjeong stan🤭)

• Funny how MHJ was the one bringing up

Hybe faking success and now people think her group was the one benefiting from it. Another karma for South Korea fave bully queen.

Edited once, last by LCJK ().

• The initial interest in shitting on NewJeans is there from the same list of suspects, which is further evidence that anyone can get a hit thread if they make the topic accusing NewJeans of being fraudulent flops, but it won't go to hit status unless I pick fights with the aforementioned suspects.

Too bad that won't be happening.

Yes, NewJeans success was all actually a bunch of smoke and mirrors, conjured up by the Wicked Witch of ADOR, Min Heejin, and all the fans you saw filling the seats of the Tokyo Dome Bunnies Camp were just homunculi summoned through her dark witchcraft. The charts and sales were also just illusionary magic she weaved together to complete her vile ritual and conquer the K-Pop landscape with her terrible magics.

But now that AKP has exposed this malevolent and malicious manipulator for the scheming, slithering snake that she is, the conjuration has been dispelled and the beautiful horse and carriage carrying NewJeans from one milestone to another has turned back into a pumpkin.

It was all fake and fraudulent. We can all go about our lives and ultimately go to our graves smiling with the knowledge we saw through that evil witch's duplicitous deceptions.

• Why do you always fail to actually see what people are talking about in all those threads i am sick of it, get it into your head that no one is saying NJ isn't big or sucessful how many times can you possibly fail to understand that what people are saying is compared to their previous years they are doing a lot worse, if you truly aren't a success stan i don't know why is it so hard for you to admit that NJ's is doing below their numbers last years, again no one is saying they are nugus no one is saying they aren't among the top girl groups what people is saying is that it's supicious how their numbers decreased so hard after hybe stopped supporting them as much

• Why do you always fail to actually see what people are talking about in all those threads i am sick of it, get it into your head that no one is saying NJ isn't big or sucessful how many times can you possibly fail to understand that what people are saying is compared to their previous years they are doing a lot worse, if you truly aren't a success stan i don't know why is it so hard for you to admit that NJ's is doing below their numbers last years, again no one is saying they are nugus no one is saying they aren't among the top girl groups what people is saying is that it's supicious how their numbers decreased so hard after hybe stopped supporting them as much

I don't care. I didn't read any of this. Your opinions are worth less to me than a pile of goose shit at the local park. Literally. It is a waste of time to quote me over and over to say the same hate bait trash posts over and over.

You all can continue to shout in your little echo chamber that NewJeans are fraudulent flops, and I'll keep making threads calling them the greatest girl group of this era, on pace for greatest of all time, and life will go on.

• it's supicious how their numbers decreased so hard after hybe stopped supporting them as much

And you don't think them being dragged into a huge scandal where they've lost a lot of their casual listeners has anything to do with that?

People have been calling them flops and claiming everything they achieved is fake. You should know, you've spent a month getting off to those threads

NewJeans is in a situation never seen before where many of their casual listeners have been turned away from them because it's perceived as harmful to their faves. They've lost a lot of support and still came out extremely well. That legitimizes everything they achieved before because even such a monumentally clusterfuck couldn't bring them down outright.

You all want these girls to be flops while they're selling out stadiums and selling millions of albums. It's ridiculous

BLACKPINKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKA

d5d89d5cd0ded673ad05b4ad8aa66c2a681af589.webpdd50b6cd6932ff0d00806a3981d3928185ee94c1.webp889793cb4f55d557baefb7c564c4b94a3129681d.webp

• it was real

nj flop threads are already boring

they lost support of casual listeners from hybe groups , so streams are lower than before. +Songs are not that catchy for summer

sales wise almost every group has lower sales compared to last year , japanese and korean comeback was with 1 month difference

• It's your turn.

Fuck Them Up Critical Bard GIF

• Probably as fake as others big labels artist around the world

Huge congrats to NJ for being currently the most listened kpop gg on spotify even with the fake success to genuine success streams reduction :send-love-bunny:

• NewJeans main singles playlist reach before and after hybe dropped them:

Attention: 91.2M

Ditto: 164M

OMG: 164M

Super Shy: 177M

How Sweet: 49.7M

Supernatural: 36.1M

No group has ever lot 75% of their streaming power like them, this group was debuting mid bsides inside the top 25 of spotify just 1 year ago and now they can't get their singles to chart top 200, their singles were spending more time on the biggest playlist of spotify than jungkook's seven that is one of the biggest recent hits on that platform, now their playlisting is barely higher than the rest of girl groups just because hybe isn't paying anymore, unless you are mindless clown that need things spoon feed to you there is no a bigger case of fake success created by a label than newjeans.

In the western industry they are what they call an industry plant, they are just facing most of the industry plants fate.

• It's your turn.

Fuck Them Up Critical Bard GIF

All this doomposting meanwhile most tokkis are happy with the purge even if the consequences is a few underperforming songs. :meme-life-support: I've repeated it nonstop atp but NewJeans is a young group. They can absolutely rebrand and attract different listeners atp

With that I've got my weekly quotapeace-out.gif

BLACKPINKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKA

d5d89d5cd0ded673ad05b4ad8aa66c2a681af589.webpdd50b6cd6932ff0d00806a3981d3928185ee94c1.webp889793cb4f55d557baefb7c564c4b94a3129681d.webp

• I don't care. I didn't read any of this. Your opinions are worth less to me than a pile of goose shit at the local park. Literally. It is a waste of time to quote me over and over to say the same hate bait trash posts over and over.

You all can continue to shout in your little echo chamber that NewJeans are fraudulent flops, and I'll keep making threads calling them the greatest girl group of this era, on pace for greatest of all time, and life will go on.

You know pretty well you read everything i typed just like you keep going back to threads you claim you won't participate in, that's why people calls you a clown, the moment people call on your bullshit you start acating like a toddler covering your ears and eyes, fucking grow up

• Yes you are right they did lose casual listeners too but you also need to know that casual listeners don't care as much about drama, a lot of them don't even visit forums or read kpop news, so yes they did lose casual listeners and hybe stans i won't deny that, now can you not deny that NJ got a lot less playlisting on spotify these last comebacks?

• This thread contains 63 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!