Who are the better performers? Twice or BLACKPINK?

• Who are the stronger performers? Twice or BLACKPINK 80

1. Twice (55) 69%
    2. BLACKPINK (25) 31%

This isn't who has the better music or best visuals. This is all about who puts on the best stages and best performances. The group you're most confident would give you your money's worth if you paid to see them live.

I have done just that myself, more than once, and my answer before going to their respective tours is different from my answer after.

Let's vote

• I have not had the pleasure of seeing either live but I hope to someday.

They both seem like they put on a hell of a performance and I doubt anyone comes out disappointed by either, but I have to go with Twice. They are just such a genuine group I could not imagine them giving their fans anything less than what they paid for.

• This isn't who has the better music or best visuals. This is all about who puts on the best stages and best performances. The group you're most confident would give you your money's worth if you paid to see them live.

I have done just that myself, more than once, and my answer before going to their respective tours is different from my answer after.

Let's vote

You can't just give that lead up and not give us your answer, which was it?

I voted Twice btw. I found a link for their covid Japanese concert, that convinced me to pay for one of their online concerts and choose to see them IRL because of it. Worth the ticket, hotel, travel and time off work.

Never seen BP IRL but watched their performances and online concerts and whilst BP are good performers, they can be so inconsistent that I'd feel super annoyed if it was an off day and I paid for all the above. I'm just not big enough of a fan to just be happy to attend.

• Twice because they are more in number so they have a lot more to offer especially personality and talent wise.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• You can't just give that lead up and not give us your answer, which was it?

I voted Twice btw. I found a link for their covid Japanese concert, that convinced me to pay for one of their online concerts and choose to see them IRL because of it. Worth the ticket, hotel, travel and time off work.

Never seen BP IRL but watched their performances and online concerts and whilst BP are good performers, they can be so inconsistent that I'd feel super annoyed if it was an off day and I paid for all the above. I'm just not big enough of a fan to just be happy to attend.

I didn't want to answer honestly, because this has become the week of Twice shade, but I'll give them their flowers.

Candidly speaking, I thought they were easily the best performers I saw during my 2023 run of K-Pop tours, outside of Mamamoo, who remain a wall in that category for obvious reasons.

I thought Twice went out of their way to engage with the crowd, showcased unique and oftentimes intimate stages, as individuals and sub-units, that you wouldn't experience in any other venue, and you could see and even feel the effort they gave to every song of every set for well over 3 hours.

BLACKPINK wasn't bad, but it was exactly what I expected, and it felt like the fastest K-Pop concert I've ever been to. I will say that my good friend was a huge BLINK before the concert, and was only 6 rows back from the stage, and left the concert being less than blown away.

No shade. Just his honest opinion and my recounting of it.

I will make one correction. Lisa blew me away. She brought 100% and another 100% on top of that for every hair flip, every smirk, every bar and every dance move.

• I've still got my prayer circle that one of MMM come to europe on their solo tours or that they plan to announce a group tour and that the camping video isn't everything.

Honestly the same as everything I've heard. Everytime I hear someone talk about a disappointing time at a BP concert, they always go out of their way to talk about what a insane performer Lisa is. But the way YG ran their career didn't help. The tour rarity, pricing and runtime all build expectations that are hard to contend with unless your Beyonce and the lack of time for them to get into tour shape or recover from the shows just made it harder for them which just makes Lisa that much more impressive (special shout out to 2019 Twice because what do you mean they were flying back to Korea in between the concerts for Japanese and Korean CB prep and releases???). I had loads of Twice concert videos to know what to expect (and they still managed to blow me away) and JYP is never shy about cutting short any other work to give them more time to get into shape for tours.

But I will say, Nayeon and Jihyo need to get away from that encore wheel and stop the fraud - just sing what it lands on and don't give me 'I don't think you'll know this one lets skip it' :drinktears:

• I've still got my prayer circle that one of MMM come to europe on their solo tours or that they plan to announce a group tour and that the camping video isn't everything.

Honestly the same as everything I've heard. Everytime I hear someone talk about a disappointing time at a BP concert, they always go out of their way to talk about what a insane performer Lisa is. But the way YG ran their career didn't help. The tour rarity, pricing and runtime all build expectations that are hard to contend with unless your Beyonce and the lack of time for them to get into tour shape or recover from the shows just made it harder for them which just makes Lisa that much more impressive (special shout out to 2019 Twice because what do you mean they were flying back to Korea in between the concerts for Japanese and Korean CB prep and releases???). I had loads of Twice concert videos to know what to expect (and they still managed to blow me away) and JYP is never shy about cutting short any other work to give them more time to get into shape for tours.

But I will say, Nayeon and Jihyo need to get away from that encore wheel and stop the fraud - just sing what it lands on and don't give me 'I don't think you'll know this one lets skip it' :drinktears:

Not you digging at my personal trauma with that encore wheel. Nayeon was absolutely fiendish with how she had the audience dancing in the palm of her hands as she twirled that wheel around during their first world tour.

The end result? I went to a three hour Twice concert and didn't hear them perform Cheer Up. I was in disbelief. Thankfully they did perform it for their Ready to Be tour.

Going back to BLACKPINK, I didn't think they put on a lackluster show, but outside of Lisa, who isn't even my favorite member, the impact was a little less than I expected. To be more specific, there was a little too much reliance on backing vocals than I expected for some songs, which is never what I expect from YG groups.

Meanwhile, Twice actually sang their asses off. Go to 2017/2018 YamaChan and say that would happen, and I'd laugh in your face. It was the kind of show where I walked away understanding exactly why Onces have such a unwavering, fierce loyalty to the group.

Now that's enough nice things about Twice and real Onces :meme-grumpy-cat:

• I feel like BP have better peaks but those happen sporadically as the quality of their stage can vary signficantly from a performance to another.

Twice seem overall more consistent and I think they approve throughout the years so I voted for them.

• I think a larger group would synchronized and appeals much better than a smaller group, even when performing. Unless the smaller group has alot of charisma and know how to play the stage.

---======--

• If they were being graded, I'd say Twice is a consistently good student in the B+, A- range, whereas Blackpink are the kids who sometimes get an A+ (more often than Twice) and sometimes get a C (also more often than Twice). But Blackpink on their A+ days are definitely in a league of their own.

On the other hand, I'd say Lisa is the most consistent who's always in the A-A+ range, and never below an A-. I haven't seen one performance where it didn't feel like she was giving it her best effort.

• Glad to hear I'm not alone in the trauma, but I can't imagine seeing Twice without cheer up! But just goes to show what happens when your discog is too stacked.

Its crazy how times have changed, gone are the days of Tyuzu getting criticised for lip syncing her 1 line, and instead she's even singing high notes live for her solo stage.

• You're finally seeing the light. I'll keep IVE's name out my ****ing mouth if you're a willing member of the Church of Moo.

I did not "finally see the light"

I've been a Mamamoo fan since 2018 during their Starry Night era. It's just that I stan too many groups to keep up.

One thing for sure is that when it comes to talent Mamamoo is on a separate Mamamoo tier on their own regardless of their chart achievements or whatever nonsense

• I did not "finally see the light"

I've been a Mamamoo fan since 2018 during their Starry Night era. It's just that I stan too many groups to keep up.

One thing for sure is that when it comes to talent Mamamoo is on a separate Mamamoo tier on their own regardless of their chart achievements or whatever nonsense

Of course! I only talked about charts, because I had to fight fire with fire as an up and coming fan during the third generation. I had to understand the platforms and metrics big company girl group stans were using to shade my queens with.

But I absolutely fell in love with Mamamoo's talents, charisma and fun personalities long before I knew Melon referred to anything but a fruit.

It's why I laugh when people try to shade them to provoke me. I'm just sitting here like "I remember when ya'll thought Mamamoo would be eternally nugu and never evolve out of being a niche group with a small and dwindling fanbase", so I'm playing with house money at this point :meme-think-about-it:

• It depends cause there was some member like jihyo and lisa that will go above and beyond and some members like jisoo and dahyun that looks half dead

ɪᴠᴇ ᴛxᴛ ᴛᴡɪᴄᴇ ᴇɴʜʏᴘᴇɴ ᴛʀɪᴘʟᴇꜱ

2a806ffe9815a47ac4e5534b70069637ce97908b.gifv

• Twice because they're a large group just like another which I won't mention.

"You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't bout how hard you hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward." ~ Rocky Balboa

xgSyBVJ.jpg

• the one who performed @ Coachella and didn't abandoned by gp coz of that 1 encore

:evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:                            

- THE DEVIL WORKS HARD -

- BUT HYBE WORKS HARDER -

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Edited once, last by plasticface ().

• This thread contains 13 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!