Anyone else feel like aespa's next comeback is potentially going to be their biggest?

• I just have a feeling. And my gut instincts on big comebacks are rarely ever wrong.

Their teaser images are just hitting, but more importantly, that BHS buff is going to give them a significant boost in support from the public.

Would not be surprised if they make sure the group BHS wanted to step on gets a big hit.

(but not too big; NJ is coming :eyes:)

• in the end it's all about the music, so if it's something like the Drama, then they will definitely be on top of the charts, if they come with something like girls, then no... maybe at first because of the recent news, but only good music ensures a really big and impactful comeback

• u litterally predicted the biggest drama thats happening months before, im trusting u on this one

• I don't know what's for sure is that people are hype for this comeback

Their engagement on twitter is crazy

Koreans have been asking for a more "kwangya" concept for months

And even yesterday Drama was getting more stream than Perfect night or Super shy cause of the hype around the comeback

Some og aespa stans who give up after they give up on the kwangya concept are back on twitter etc... Hype for the cb

They made a lot of new fans with drama who are hype to live their first aespa comeback

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

• NJ coming close probably will block them on charts TBH. I already can feel the assured amount of records How Sweet going to achieve. As for aespa, it's surprising to see lack of hype for their recent teasers aside X.

:rolleyes:X/:facepalm:

Edited once, last by Wateris ().

• u litterally predicted the biggest drama thats happening months before, im trusting u on this one

It's a good thing nobody here knows my track record predicting sports :meme-erm:

NJ coming close probably will block them on charts TBH. I already can feel the assured amount of records How Sweet going to achieve. As for aespa, it's surprising to see lack of hype for their recent teasers.

aespa will get a couple days to chart, right? They can still have their biggest hit even while NewJeans break the charts :meme-smirk:

• I’m wondering when SM will have their first ever international hit like at least enter BB100 and last some time on Spotify global chart etc

At this point I don’t think having or not having a Korean hit means much. Good for them if they do.

But to truly be their “biggest” comeback they need that international charting JYP/Hybe/YG groups have managed to do.

• I’m wondering when SM will have their first ever international hit like at least enter BB100 and last some time on Spotify global chart etc

At this point I don’t think having or not having a Korean hit means much. Good for them if they do.

But to truly be their “biggest” comeback they need that international charting JYP/Hybe/YG groups have managed to do.

She said BHS Payola is working on it, don't worry.

Never mind !! Haha

• I think it will do really well and have good longevity because of the BSH backlash, but it's coming out 3 days after NewJeans lol. I think it'll be like BP's Lovesick Girls, a big hit with great longevity that never gets to #1. I also think they album won't sell well because their biggest fanbases are still boycotting it apparently.

• Yeah they also got a lot of old Mys’ support since they seem to go back to their futuristic and superpower aesthetics. That being said, I have faith in SM fumbling this opportunity.

They already fumbled the bag because of the C-bar boycott AGAIN.

I think my fave B-tier group will flop. This way I can be pleasantly surprised if they do decently well.

I think they've got decent momentum at the moment but the concept is too niche to really appeal to all.

I predict a Top 10 Melon hit and similar streaming numbers to Drama, whatever that was. 800k feels like a number I've seen somewhere.

Album sales wise, maybe a slight uptick from Drama as it is a full album with all new songs. Probably not as much as My World thanks to the boycott.

• It peaked at #2 on the Korean charts and was only blocked by Perfect Night. It's had significantly better longevity than aespa's title tracks the last year as well.

Sooooo....?

Its not that hard to peak high and stay reasonably high for a very long time in SK. There is a current group with more ULs in Melon than total unfiltered streams worldwide in Spotify Global. So imo Melon is basically nonsense.

Some are more focused on Korean charts. But I look more at the global charts because it correlates with global popularity and that is where most of the money is, in touring. Drama in Spotify Global had good numbers, so if they had a more public friendly song, it would do even better.

• in the end it's all about the music, so if it's something like the Drama, then they will definitely be on top of the charts, if they come with something like girls, then no... maybe at first because of the recent news, but only good music ensures a really big and impactful comeback

Girls is NOT THAT different from Drama, sonically and vibe wise.

The only reason Girls was hated was because aespa were on the hate train (like lesserafim now) + the song is too long + choreo appeared to be weak (again, significanlty affected by hate train where people pick on every single wrong choreo move). People even complained about the song having too much high notes when Savage had even more and it gotten a PAK.

Let's just put it this way, GIRLS was released at a wrong time. On any day, GIRLS (and its instrumental) slay on Drama

• Girls is NOT THAT different from Drama, sonically and vibe wise.

The only reason Girls was hated was because aespa were on the hate train (like lesserafim now) + the song is too long + choreo appeared to be weak (again, significanlty affected by hate train where people pick on every single wrong choreo move). People even complained about the song having too much high notes when Savage had even more and it gotten a PAK.

Let's just put it this way, GIRLS was released at a wrong time. On any day, GIRLS (and its instrumental) slay on Drama

Nah fam. I despise Girls. Illusion was a MUCH better song and clearly that was the consensus opinion given how both songs charted.

• Nah fam. I despise Girls. Illusion was a MUCH better song and clearly that was the consensus opinion given how both songs charted.

It was because Illusion is easier on ears. I have said this and i gonna repeat, aespa's title tracks are mostly not good for looping as they are all hyperpop with heavy beat + synth + vocals mostly in higher range. Illusion in comparison is more mild in production and it reflects. For people who liked aespacore + hyperpop since beginning, Girls was perfectly for that (and Savage too) but we all know both Girls and Savage heavily underperformed cause the sound isnt what the Gp is digging. When they tone down a bit for Drama, that's when u can see the effect (and minus all those explicit reference to kwangya and ae)

• Their previous comeback was big, it should increase their album sales along with the Drama that Bang PD pulled.

No because a lot of fans are boycotting the album

Karina fanbase decided to boycott after seeing how SM messed up how they handle her dating news

Ningning fanbase is boycotting because they consider that ningning doesn't get enough promotion

+ Fans are boycotting because SM are making Aespa perform in fukuoka a day where it's consider a very important july 7th, and fans are asking to move the concert to another day because this day is a black day in china due to the sino-japanese war and if Ningning perform there this day she'll receive tons of hate from chinese people

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

• They need a hit, a at least really good song close to a hit. If not they have peaked and are on a downhill road. Well, maybe they already are.

• It may be their biggest globally, it will depend on the songs.

But I don’t think it will be their best selling album as the c-bar boycott will likely affect that.

And in order for it to be their biggest hit in Korea one of the title tracks needs to go to number one. Supernova is releasing on Monday and I don’t think it will be promoted, so it may rise into the top 10 but is highly unlikely to overtake Spot! before NewJeans comes back on May 24th. The main title track Armageddon is being released three days afterwards so I highly doubt they will beat NewJeans given the timing and support they have at the moment.

Anyway, let’s just hope the music is good - that’s the main thing!

• No because a lot of fans are boycotting the album

Karina fanbase decided to boycott after seeing how SM messed up how they handle her dating news

Ningning fanbase is boycotting because they consider that ningning doesn't get enough promotion

+ Fans are boycotting because SM are making Aespa perform in fukuoka a day where it's consider a very important july 7th, and fans are asking to move the concert to another day because this day is a black day in china due to the sino-japanese war and if Ningning perform there this day she'll receive tons of hate from chinese people

Totally forgot about the Karina dating a while ago. Hopefully knetz would listen and support their song even just to spite Hybe.

• This thread contains 15 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!