Out of all Kpop groups, Blackpink is the group that I think is the hardest to recreate or even impossible to witness again

• They're just too solid. No one in kpop ever created a group as solid as them. Blackpink has both huge group and individual popularity, in Korea and internationally. All of them are well-known among the general public, and their individual fanbases are just crazy. All four of them have huge individual popularity which has never happened to any group before. All of them are the most followed Korean artists in IG, while boy groups have more sales than them. Whenever they go, no matter which member, they will make the headlines; it will trend everywhere, and they will overshadow everyone else in social media, even popular Western artists. In other groups, even the popular one, only one or two members will make huge splash like that.

They're really one in a million kpop group that people can break their achievements, but no one will come close to their branding. Having a huge fandom is nothing special anymore now so that's why they stand out so much. The greatest thing about Blackpink is that they have both the general public and a huge fandom, so all their members' names are well known. Even many non kpop fans can easily name and recognize all of them. And they did this with really minimum promotion as a group.

• Well let be honest, they are not really that good individuals, they just became very popular as a group and because of that they became popular is individuals. It will happen again someday, but maybe not at the same level or maybe it will. Who knows

• yeah blackpink is pretty easy to get into i think thats part of the reason why theyre so popular

the members are easy to differentiate and their songs are easier to get into for non kpop fans

• You may not be able to recreate their frankly unexplainable popularity, but you can certainly recreate everything else about BP. Don't believe me? Just ask YG, who are already well on their way to pursuing that very goal. They were created using the same blueprint that was used before them and that will continue to be used long after them. It's a proven formula, but hardly anything groundbreaking.

• You may not be able to recreate their frankly unexplainable popularity, but you can certainly recreate everything else about BP. Don't believe me? Just ask YG, who are already well on their way to pursuing that very goal. They were created using the same blueprint that was used before them and that will continue to be used long after them. It's a proven formula, but hardly anything groundbreaking.

You sound like farts

• Yg is trying to re-create these personalities into babymonster at this very moment.

not really and I'm saying it as someone who likes babymonster I like both for different reasons baemon are marketed differently though like for their vocals for example

bp is anomaly because for many reasons ( besides their personalities) it''s more star quality, brand value and individuality. Blackpink is that group many people aspire to be ( including idols they have them as role models) they are cool, luxurious but at the same time reliable. Also they are charismatic and their music appeal to different people

• Very true. I think it cant be denied. Although i am waging war with most Blinks right now, the Pinks themselves clearly had a star power and a uniqueness that no one else in Kpop could match.

NJ was well on its way to defeating them in terms of group accomplishments (some would argue they already did given Ditto/Hybe Boy dominance in Korea) but no way were they anywhere near the individual star power of a BP member.

I agree, the only "unique" about them is the popularity. But that is more like something get viraual on social media, not that they are that good or that their songs are that great or quailites so much better compared to others. It's more of a viraual phenomenon that is very hard to copy, it's just happens sometimes. They are more or less a more visual stunning version of 2NE1 that helped them go viraual a get more popular than 2NE1.

• I agree, the only "unique" about them is the popularity. But that is more like something get viraual on social media, not that they are that good or that their songs are that great or quailites so much better compared to others. It's more of a viraual phenomenon that is very hard to copy, it's just happens sometimes. They are more or less a more visual stunning version of 2NE1 that helped them go viraual a get more popular than 2NE1.

There's a reason why they're popular like you're saying. It's not like they are popular without any reason. It's the combination of all things that had been said here :cursing: :cursing:

:cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:
    ✴✴✴✴✴ KIM JISOO'S HUSBANDO ✴✴✴✴✴
    b7de288879b59732b5115a93d7f259edd464dd39.jpg2320df8ccb8a4af42b9e108fb34e3d8109964aae.jpg2a8fc619d348ef8f6380880604eb8bb8e97b8105.jpg

• I agree, the only "unique" about them is the popularity. But that is more like something get viraual on social media, not that they are that good or that their songs are that great or quailites so much better compared to others. It's more of a viraual phenomenon that is very hard to copy, it's just happens sometimes. They are more or less a more visual stunning version of 2NE1 that helped them go viraual a get more popular than 2NE1.

You sounds like farts x2

How rare to see usual blackpink haters talking about Blackpink when nobody ask them

• Very true. I think it cant be denied. Although i am waging war with most Blinks right now, the Pinks themselves clearly had a star power and a uniqueness that no one else in Kpop could match.

NJ was well on its way to defeating them in terms of group accomplishments (some would argue they already did given Ditto/Hybe Boy dominance in Korea) but no way were they anywhere near the individual star power of a BP member.

globally bp is unbeatable and heck even today without bp releasing music ( 2 years inactive in i that area ) they were called the most powerful by Korean's forbes above new jeans btw and the highest paid celebrity

• There's a reason why they're popular like you're saying. It's not like they are popular without any reason. It's the combination of all things that had been said here :cursing: :cursing:

My point is that they are not that much better than other groups. If I compare with 2NE1, are BP better? not that much better I would say. BP are better at some things, like maybe a bit better vocals and better visuals for sure. But 2NE1 was better on other things I would say, like stage presence.

• You sounds like farts x2

How rare to see usual blackpink haters talking about Blackpink when nobody ask them

As always people think I hate a group because I bring up things I don't like about a group or things they are not that good at. BP is or at least was one of favorite groups, I just pointing out that if you look at their qualities they are not that speciall, they are just very popular as members and as a group. I doubt they would have gotten that popularity if their visuals was not top ratings on all four members.

• My point is that they are not that much better than other groups. If I compare with 2NE1, are BP better? not that much better I would say. BP are better at some things, like maybe a bit better vocals and better visuals for sure. But 2NE1 was better on other things I would say, like stage presence.

The thread is not about who's more talented or who's better but why bp's popularity is unmatched :cursing: :cursing:

:cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:
    ✴✴✴✴✴ KIM JISOO'S HUSBANDO ✴✴✴✴✴
    b7de288879b59732b5115a93d7f259edd464dd39.jpg2320df8ccb8a4af42b9e108fb34e3d8109964aae.jpg2a8fc619d348ef8f6380880604eb8bb8e97b8105.jpg

• The thread is not about who's more talented or who's better but why bp's popularity is unmatched :cursing: :cursing:

Their peak popularity in Korea has already been surpassed.

Most of their accomplishments in the West have also been matched or surpassed by you know who as well.

Touring is the last major wall. We'll see in 3 to 4 years how that goes.

• The thread is not about who's more talented or who's better but why bp's popularity is unmatched :cursing: :cursing:

It's about BP beaing "the hardest to recreate or even impossible to witness again".

And my point is it's not that hard to create a similar group and we have already seen a similiar group (2NE1), even if BPs popularity and success is greater.

• This thread contains 92 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!