Blackpink will be out the top 10 best selling kpop girl groups by 2025

• screenshot-twitter.com-2023.10.19-09_04_25.png

The current state of kpop makes a statement that would have been nonsensical just 3 years ago possible, it already happened to SNSD the top group on 2nd gen which achievements seemed unattainable to any gg not named twice and blackpink exactly just 3 years ago, their name was wiped out of top 10 by rookie groups with less than 2 years of career an 2 or 3 albums, in the next years some 5th gen girl groups will straight up debut selling million of albums with no justification just like some boy groups started to do this year, a thing only possible in the current fraudulent state of kpop.

There is 8 million seller girl groups approaching their total korean sales, one (IVE) surpassed them just this week with another 2 with confirmed comebacks in next weeks. Blackpink will either officially disband soon or go in a soft disband focusing even way more on solo activities and taking more time to release an album than their usual 1-2 years gap, with all those million sellers 4th gen groups releasing at least 2 albums each year is just inevitable.

As much as i dislike blinks and will enjoy this happen I have to admit how of a joke this is, a group like red velvet who was selling 10 times less in 2020 can sell now 50% of a blackpink album sales and aim to surpass them, somehow we have to believe red velvet multiplied their sales x10 in a 3 years span and blackpink barely x2? Stop Kpop I Want to Get Off!!!!!

• When the other girl groups could surpass and taken over the title "the highest grossing concert tour by Asian act" and when they become richer than the BP girlies then I'll consider them to be more successful... The other numbers can easily be manipulated we all know that!

• When the other girl groups could surpass and taken over the title "the highest grossing concert tour by Asian act" and when they become richer than the BP girlies then I'll consider them to be more successful... The other numbers can easily be manipulated we all know that!

It’s really funny that blinks care so much about the highest grossing thing. In my opinion the attendance is far more impressive. The grossing thing is just over priced ticketing by YG to take advantage of his groups fans. But what’s more impressive is how many people went to see BP perform.

• If they don't disband then for a fact they'll easily remain within the top 10, maybe even maintain their top 3 position. They might still be ranked within the top 10 even if they disband but it'll be a lot less likely.

• It’s really funny that blinks care so much about the highest grossing thing. In my opinion the attendance is far more impressive. The grossing thing is just over priced ticketing by YG to take advantage of his groups fans. But what’s more impressive is how many people went to see BP perform.

It's easier to measure popularity and success based on the gross of the tour since currency is the common factor between different groups and tours. The attendance would vary based on the venues used and price of the tickets. We don't know how much poorer other groups' attendance would be if they had Blackpink prices. Twice already has several non-sold out concerts despite significantly lower prices (info from touring data).

It's not that hard, these groups in 2 years will have more songs that BP in all their career, they just need to tour 3 full years, and they will surpass BP. It's a record not that hard to achieve, they just don't need to stop touring.

• Records are meant to be broken.

Blackpink remains as the 3rd gen GG with most albums sold per release and will be remembered alongside impressive run SNSD had.

The 4th gen GGs will obviously overtake the 3rd gen INCLUDING Twice. It is a matter of time. Especially NewJeans, IVE and LE SSERAFIM. They so far have very promising career run

• Now that I look at the list, I am not so sure.

There are two more 4th gen groups needed for that which are not on this list to actually move them out of this list.

So who would they be? I cannot think of a 4th gen group with a lot of selling power apart from what is here already. They would need a lot of albums to play catch up.

• newjeans include Digital Album Sales or WeVerse Album Sales, Circle keeps those seperate but fans and WIKI count them the same as CD Album Sales, the others are mainly CD Sales.

Why would the weverse albums not counted? They work the same way as tag album (NFC) and kit version released by YG, smini version (NFC) by SM and poca version (also QR) released by GIDLE. Why the discrimination?

• Why would the weverse albums not counted? They work the same way as tag album (QR) and kit version released by YG, smini version (SM) and poca version (also QR) released by GIDLE. Why the discrimination?

CD Albums Vs Digital Albums (Weverse)...

Basically you can put a link to a Digital Album on a piece of Cardboard and sell it for cheaper but CDs can be played without ever needing to connect to the internet, of course you still need the hardware for the CD

• CD Albums Vs Digital Albums (Weverse)...

Basically you can put a link to a Digital Album on a piece of Cardboard and sell it for cheaper but CDs can be played without ever needing to connect to the internet, of course you still need the hardware for the CD

No need to explain to me,i own them all, i know the differences

As mentioned, YG also released tag version (nfc card) and kit version which let buyers access the songs digitally. It is no different from a QR card. Blackpink's born pink, rose, lisa and jisoo solo also included these versions.

Smini from SM are using NFC tech also. This applies to all SM groups.

GIDLE's poca ver is also QR card.

What's so difference about highligthing a QR card vs NFC card?

• All that you mentioned shouldn't be counted as CD Album Sales but it has opened my eyes that it happens and something that more companies need to cash in on

• All that you mentioned shouldn't be counted as CD Album Sales but it has opened my eyes that it happens and something that more companies need to cash in on

It is an answer to the society's demand for more environmental friendly kpop albums. Many have pointed out that kpop fans mass buy albums to get photocards only and dump the albums elsewhere. So companies are coming up with "albums" that contain only little amount of inclusions (no photobook usually, usually photocards only).

In my opinion, weverse ver / QR ver is even better tham NFC/Smini/kit at least

1) cheaper

2) less waste created

Yes, there are chance that album sales are inflated because of these cheaper version. There is a sales index for that purpose(which track album sales with the price)

If want to look at CD sales only, can always just track the regular version. Circle chart have the CD versions, weverse ver (QR), vinyl all tracked separately to facilitate that.

• But buying a Digital Album originally means little enviromental waste (even a Digital purchase leaves an enviromental fingerprint) whereas WeVerse Albums and similar are creating more enviromental waste, they just don't include the CD.

Japanese CD's are the slimmed down version of the Korean CD's where the Japanese CDs are arguably 20 - 30$ less waste because they have f*ck all Photo Abums and Cards but still charge more than the standard Korean CD package. :P I bought 1 and never again

But the real point is WeVerse and similar Digital/Photobook Albums should be treated like DLCs

• It's easier to measure popularity and success based on the gross of the tour since currency is the common factor between different groups and tours. The attendance would vary based on the venues used and price of the tickets. We don't know how much poorer other groups' attendance would be if they had Blackpink prices. Twice already has several non-sold out concerts despite significantly lower prices (info from touring data).

Blinks are still pushing this idea? OMG. It's been pointed million times that Twice tickets are not "cheap" they are literally on part with the industry, aka Taylor Swift and etc. It is BP tickets that are unreasonably expensive and there is no possible way you'd claim BP are bigger than every other artist including Taylor.

• It's easier to measure popularity and success based on the gross of the tour since currency is the common factor between different groups and tours. The attendance would vary based on the venues used and price of the tickets. We don't know how much poorer other groups' attendance would be if they had Blackpink prices. Twice already has several non-sold out concerts despite significantly lower prices (info from touring data).

Spreading misinfo with so much confidence :pepefacepalm::eyeroll-pepe:

First off, only 16 concerts out of 44 have been reported and only 2 weren't 100% sold out (both were still above 95%), one of them was their concert at KSPO Dome and the second one in Melbourne where Live Nation decided to add tickets at the last minute.

• Numbers could be manipulated, but Blackpink and their successful story will be legendary!

Blackpink will be the only global recognised girl group from Korea, also the biggest girl group in the world.

And the BP girlies will remain to be the most successful and the richest K-pop girlies for a long time...

• Wake up bro, it is morning already.

Do you believe that your girlies could buy a house in Seongbuk-dong in CASH like Lisa? Or having a house in California like JENNIE? Are they going to have $20M-30M each in their bank accounts in the next 5 years?

If your girlies could make it better than that then you can talk about how they're more successful than BP members.

Now it's time for you to wake up.

• Do you believe that your girlies could buy a house in Seongbuk-dong in CASH like Lisa? Or having a house in California like JENNIE? Are they going to have $20M-30M each in their bank accounts in the next 5 years?

If your girlies could make it better than that then you can talk about how they're more successful than BP members.

Now it's time for you to wake up.

Well, that's a stupid argument, one is a 9 member group, the other just 4. So Twice should make twice(lol) as much money to be equally as rich as BP. And that's not including the existin wealth, because all of them are coming from different backgrounds some, some we already rich to begin with. And we know for sure all BP members and some Twice members like Nayeon are coming from rich families.

• Spreading misinfo with so much confidence :pepefacepalm::eyeroll-pepe:

First off, only 16 concerts out of 44 have been reported and only 2 weren't 100% sold out (both were still above 95%), one of them was their concert at KSPO Dome and the second one in Melbourne where Live Nation decided to add tickets at the last minute.

No misinfo at all.

The Melbourne and KSPO concerts both had two nights, but they didn't release the individual concert attendance of each night, only the combined attendance. So at minimum two were not soldout, but four is also possible. If we are kind and say only two sold out, that would make the non-soldout KSPO dome date less than 95 percent since the average of the two nights was only 95.3 percent.

Either way, there was no misinfo, just excuses on your part.

• Blinks are still pushing this idea? OMG. It's been pointed million times that Twice tickets are not "cheap" they are literally on part with the industry, aka Taylor Swift and etc. It is BP tickets that are unreasonably expensive and there is no possible way you'd claim BP are bigger than every other artist including Taylor.

No one is claiming BP is bigger than every other artist. Not at all.
    Artists like Taylor and Beyonce for example have significantly higher ticket prices than BP. Taylor's box office figures have yet to be released for this tour, but they sky-high prices did make the news. As an example, Beyonce's tour is averaging about $210 a ticket according to touringdata, higher than BP's ticket prices. So no, BP's tickets are not more expensive than every other artist, nor are they bigger than every other artist. Twice's tickets are only on par with the industry standard if we are looking at low to mid-tier acts. If they knew they could charge more, they would.

• Now that I look at the list, I am not so sure.

There are two more 4th gen groups needed for that which are not on this list to actually move them out of this list.

So who would they be? I cannot think of a 4th gen group with a lot of selling power apart from what is here already. They would need a lot of albums to play catch up.

Depending on yg marketing and strategies I'm sure BabyMonsters will be debuting with at very least 750K and could be way more, in the current kpop landscape selling 2M for a debut album is possible somehow like just happened with zerobaseone.

• No one is claiming BP is bigger than every other artist. Not at all.
    Artists like Taylor and Beyonce for example have significantly higher ticket prices than BP. Taylor's box office figures have yet to be released for this tour, but they sky-high prices did make the news. As an example, Beyonce's tour is averaging about $210 a ticket according to touringdata, higher than BP's ticket prices. So no, BP's tickets are not more expensive than every other artist, nor are they bigger than every other artist. Twice's tickets are only on par with the industry standard if we are looking at low to mid-tier acts. If they knew they could charge more, they would.

You couldn't be more wrong about that. Taylor's tickets started at 50$, we aren't talking about resales or high end tickets here. Twice ticket prices are industry average, [eriod, not gonna argue about that. Even in Japan Twice tickets were cheaper than BP, even though they sure as hell could go higher. So stop this bullshit price argument, if artist isn't popular even free tickets wouldn't fill a theater let alone Stadium.

• No misinfo at all.

The Melbourne and KSPO concerts both had two nights, but they didn't release the individual concert attendance of each night, only the combined attendance. So at minimum two were not soldout, but four is also possible. If we are kind and say only two sold out, that would make the non-soldout KSPO dome date less than 95 percent since the average of the two nights was only 95.3 percent.

Either way, there was no misinfo, just excuses on your part.

Four is still not "several" lmao. It would make sense if those "four" concerts as you're implying were in four different cities but nah, they are in freaking Seoul and Melbourne where TWICE are gonna headline Marvel Stadium, the first Kpop group to do so, in 2 weeks :pepe-toast:

BP have the highest grossing tour but y'all are still so threatened by TWICE, it's hilarious and pathetic at the same time.

• This thread contains 12 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!