Who will next break BTS's best-selling album in SK record after Seventeen and Stray Kids?

• Who do you think will break the best-selling album of all time in Korea next? 45

1. BTS (15) 33%
    2. Seventeen (7) 16%
    3. Stray Kids (7) 16%
    4. Jungkook (6) 13%
    5. BLACKPINK (5) 11%
    6. NCT (full group or sub-units NCT Dream or NCT 127) (2) 4%
    7. NewJeans (2) 4%
    8. Other not listed (post down below!) (1) 2%
    9. Aespa (0) 0%

NEWS
    Posted by Susan-Han 8 hours ago

Seventeen once again surpass a whopping 4.6 million pre-orders with their comeback album 'Seventeenth Heaven'

1697070734-20231011-seventeen.jpg

Seventeen's upcoming 11th mini album 'Seventeenth Heaven' has successfully once again replaced the record for the most pre-ordered K-Pop album of all time, a record previously held by Seventeen's 'FML'.

According to album distributor YG Plus on October 12 KST, a total of 4,673,069 copies in pre-orders have been recorded for 'Seventeenth Heaven', as of October 11 KST. With more than a week still remaining in the pre-order period, this record is likely to expand.

As mentioned above, the previous record for the most pre-ordered K-Pop album of all time was held by 'FML', which recorded a total of 4.64 million copies prior to its release in April of this year.

Meanwhile, on October 12, Seventeen revealed a fresh set of '2:14 Ver.' concept photos for their comeback, delighting fans with a colorful, bohemian theme. You can check out the new photos below while you wait for the full release of 'Seventeenth Heaven', coming up on October 23 at 6 PM KST.

BTS's best-selling album of all time in South Korea's record (for Map of the Soul: 7 in 2020) and best-selling album in the world of 2020 (total sales to-date: 4.8 million) was broken this year by Stray Kids' S-Class album and Seventeen's FML album, the former of which sold 5.23 million copies and the latter of which sold over 6 million copies.

Now Seventeen just broke their last pre-ordering record for FML. According to this pattern, Seventeen will probably break the new best-selling album of all-time in Korea (last set by them) again with their new album Seventeenth Heaven. Thus breaking BTS's best-selling-album in Korea of all time (from 2020), again.

But who will be the next big Kpop act to break BTS, Stray Kids, and Seventeen's record of best-selling album in Korea of all time? Who will be the next recipient of luck of the album sales inflation bubble (that BTS most likely paved the way for with their albums)? Most likely a boy group, although girl groups sales have also inflated by an incredible amount in the past few years compared to the past, with before people saying no girl group will ever break the 1 million mark, to BLACKPINK's latest album BORN PINK selling 2.8 million copies this year, NewJeans impressively selling 1.948 million copies this year in August with OMG the year after their debut, and Aespa's Girls album selling 1.84 million copies in 2022.

Still, anything could happen. So who will be next? Will Jungkook's new debut solo album or a possible V follow-up album break the record? Will some other boy group swoop in and usurp Seventeen's record next, like a NCT sub-unit like NCT Dream or NCT 127? Will NewJeans surprise everyone and outsell BTS, BLACKPINK, Seventeen, and Aespa's record with their next album?

Or do you think no one will break Seventeen's records again until BTS themselves as a group comeback again 2025 after all their members finish their military enlistments? Post your thoughts down below!

• KpopVeteranARMY

Changed the title of the thread from “Who will next break BTS's best-selling album sales record after Seventeen and Stray Kids already did?” to “Who will next break BTS's best-selling album in SK record after Seventeen and Stray Kids?”.
  • TXT their brother group. HYBE will push them when Seventeen Enlist

Interesting idea! TXT have the next best-selling album listed in the Wiki article for "Best selling albums in South Korea" after multiple entries by BTS, Seventeen, Stray Kids, *and one by NCT Dream. Plus they're the only other group in BTS's direct label so I agree naturally seems like they'd be HYBE's next candidate for BTS's next heirs after Seventeen enlists! However coincidentally Seventeen will have to start enlisting in 2025 when their oldest 3 members turn 28 in 2 years, which coincidentally happens to be in 2025, when BTS said they would all comeback as a group! Do you think TXT could go head to head with BTS in 2025?

BTS's fandom seems to be slowly trickling in other directions while they wait. TXT's fandom still has 2 more years to grow before BTS come back. Meanwhile TXT just hit their biggest peak yet with Sugar Rush Ride and its album hitting both digital and physical peaks in Korea and worldwide as well. They're coming back in 8 days on October 20th *tonight with their new single Chasing That Feeling and album The Name Chapter: FREEFALL.

As an ARMY, I noticed BTS's fandom sorta seems to start to be getting a little antsy even with all of BTS's members' solo releases in the past 2 years, with BTS's members' solos not doing as well as expected even with Jimin's debut single Like Crazy hitting #1 on Billboard's Hot 100, with metrics like views seeming to be suffering a lot and most of their album sales, while doing really well are still being surpassed by BLACKPINK's members' solos, but they seem to slowly showing their strength again with the release of BTS's most popular members Jungkook and V's solo releases with V's album finally surpassing Jisoo's by selling 2 million copies and JK's Seven #1 on Billboard Hot 100, 3D #5, and his upcoming solo album in November Golden will probably sell equal amounts to V and probably outsell it.

I can see ARMY going to some other group like TXT if BTS doesn't really comeback around 2025 like promised. But if BTS DOES come back in the same year as TXT, I still predict TXT coming out on the bottom. We'll see if HYBE can follow up on their plans, lol!

Edited once, last by KpopVeteranARMY: *edit for getting TXT's comeback date & the best-selling album after BTS, Seventeen, and Stray Kids wrong due to writing this post at 4am lol ().

• 17 with almost 30 million accumulative sales is still very super impressive but since it’s not across the board re streaming too - it’s def the results of fans buying physical versions to collect.

After reading RM’s recent LIVE remarks, I am just excited for when they regroup and we get new music - what revolutionary music/themes/concept are we getting?!?

Personally, I don’t care re sales or records but it will be sooooo very annoying if BTS doesn’t break the record because we’ll have to go through the BTS in decline posts and think pieces again.

• Actually it's today, in less than 2 hours :beehaw:

OMG I FORGOT, I HAD IT MARKED IN MY CALENDAR FOR THE PAST 3 WEEKS AND EVERYTHING AND I LISTED THE WRONG RELEASE DATE ON THE ACTUAL DAY OF PROBABLY BC I WAS TYPING IT AT 4 'O CLOCK IN THE MORNING~ :waterr:

I'M SO HYPED!! :excited-bee: I actually ran into my fellow MOA sister's room and screamed about it while she was half-asleep when I remembered like 30 mins ago lol~!

• OMG I FORGOT, I HAD IT MARKED IN MY CALENDAR FOR THE PAST 3 WEEKS AND EVERYTHING AND I LISTED THE WRONG RELEASE DATE ON THE ACTUAL DAY OF PROBABLY BC I WAS TYPING IT AT 4 'O CLOCK IN THE MORNING~ :waterr:

I'M SO HYPED!! :excited-bee: I actually ran into my fellow MOA sister's room and screamed about it while she was half-asleep when I remembered like 30 mins ago lol~!

Glad you won't miss it. It's going to be a good one :chicken-dance:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!