Why aren't Uncle fans supporting Illit?

• This group is custom made for Uncle fans so why aren't they latching (damn. Poor choice of words) on to this group?

I hear no male fans in the fan chants at live performances.

This should be troubling for Hybe. They will need the Uncles if Illit is going to have success.

• You think uncle fans are the savior of girl groups? what nonsense. One would think your an uncle yourself with the way you talk about uncle fans.

:pepe-tinfoil-hat:

• I haven't watched their lives yet. Are they not getting male support?

I mean I loved their debut! And I'm an uncle I guess. Lol.

Maybe they're all watching WOOAH!

I've been watching their Blush Lives and they have a lot of male yelling in the fanchants!

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• This group is custom made for Uncle fans so why aren't they latching (damn. Poor choice of words) on to this group?

This should be troubling for Hybe. They will need the Uncles if Illit is going to have success.

They are not F(X) ... you are an uncle fan but what did you do for them?? Bad ending.

• Because old men are too busy obsessed with Twice and New Jeans to care about Ill-it, they're stuck in 3rd gen and 4th gen. Which is fine I guess, we all don't need to keep up with new groups.

Plus, Ill-it doesn't need uncle fans, especially not old men coming to their fan signs like with new jeans with most members being minors. it is okay to go to a fan sign as an older male but just don't be a creep.

We need more aunt fans for girl groups.

✰ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 🌷🌷🌷♡ ♡ ♡🌷🌷🌷 ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✰

c84b43c6d23bf4bc277ebcd8e1c37de5.jpgStory pin image

• Why would it matter?

Most of the top Girl Groups right now aint setting the world on fire in the male demos.

I think only LSF has something approaching even 50% male fanbase

• Nah I think the whole aesthetic and type of sound of this group is specifically targeted at girls tbh. We love the unapologetically cute vibe they are going for. Someone mentioned Lsf, and it makes sense male fans like them the most since Lsf is currently the group that tries to be sexy the most. All the other ggs seem to appeal more to girls for good reason. They're either badass or strongly feminine in a way girls relate to the most.

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• Certain style girl groups need both demos and some don't. Same reason f(x) and Red Velvet did great without a large male following.

Then look at GFRIEND and April. Theres a reason GFriend blewup and April didn't.

Having a female fanbase is far more beneficial to groups than a male fanbase. Boy groups are proof of that. Male fans are too fickle, anything can make them switch faves and drop their current ones. Female fans are ride or die. Look at GFriend... The moment they changed concept, they weren't doing as good anymore. Same thing about Twice, at least not among gp.

JCsIq3Q.gif

• Some groups have the perception of having many minors. Illit is one of them. Plus Magnetic is a girly tween song. So it would be weird if they have a lot of male fans.

Aespa, Lsf and gidle would have more male fans. But gidle has push the feminism shtick too much, [and] their songs aren't doing as well outside Korea.

Edited once, last by K-PL ().

• And that was good for BP because female fans are far more loyal than male fans

I agree female fans are more loyal.

But I see NJ more aimed at girls and Illit aimed at guys. NJ aims at the feeling of just hanging out and having fun with your girlfriends before you grow up adult life changes all that .

Illit aims at look how cute and adorable we are. Don't you just want to take care of us forever?? Even the ending pose of "Lucky Girl Syndrome " is just daring Uncle fans to not fall in love with them.

• I agree female fans are more loyal.

But I see NJ more aimed at girls and Illit aimed at guys. NJ aims at the feeling of just hanging out and having fun with your girlfriends before you grow up adult life changes all that .

Illit aims at look how cute and adorable we are. Don't you just want to take care of us forever?? Even the ending pose of "Lucky Girl Syndrome " is just daring Uncle fans to not fall in love with them.

I didn't see it like that, quite the opposite. Their concept is pretty similar to a type of aesthetic that is currently popular among young girls on pinterest and tumblr, that involves a lot of cute and pink stuff. It's one of the reasons I changed my mind about them being flops and predicted success after I saw their teasers, because it's very in tune with what's popular now among teen girls. I guess men saw the group and didn't felt it was targeted at them because of that (besides, wouldn't it be weird? They seem too young so it's a good thing they have mostly female fans).

JCsIq3Q.gif

• Some groups have the perception of having many minors. Illit is one of them. Plus Magnetic is a girly tween song. So it would be weird if they have a lot of male fans.

Aespa, Lsf and gidle would have more male fans. But gidle has push the feminism shtick too much, their songs aren't doing as well outside Korea.

Absolutely insane thing to try and argue fminism is why i-dle isn't doing well outside korea(which isn't true) considering the gender relation demographics of korea compared to basically every other major country

• Because old men are too busy obsessed with Twice and New Jeans to care about Ill-it, they're stuck in 3rd gen and 4th gen. Which is fine I guess, we all don't need to keep up with new groups.

Plus, Ill-it doesn't need uncle fans, especially not old men coming to their fan signs like with new jeans with most members being minors. it is okay to go to a fan sign as an older male but just don't be a creep.

We need more aunt fans for girl groups.

I think twice is too old for uncle fans at this point.

the reasob why bp is more successful than twice is bec bp was able to get more female fans than male. male fans go to a younger grp or another shiny grp after a yr or 2. and this uncle fans are cringy and why will they want them. no one wants those. female fans of all ages are the best fans in kpop.

• Absolutely insane thing to try and argue fminism is why i-dle isn't doing well outside korea(which isn't true) considering the gender relation demographics of korea compared to basically every other major country

female fans find gidle kinda a bit too extreme i think . in a way a little too fake on their takes abt feminisn. most female fans like bgs for obvious reasons but for them to like a gg , they need to be more trendy , like i wanna wear their clothes, not too sexy, not too sweet/timid but should be pretty and independent like bp. all bp members have different personality so u can just pick one member to like acc to ur taste. like as role model not as preference. 😂its like "i want to live their life" for ggs to get more female fans . the higher they lean towards being chill, modern , independent but remains feminine looking, and fashionable , the more they will attract female fans.

adult male fans( uncle fans) sorry but most of them are weirdos . they like ggs for one reason alone . to fantasize abt them and move on to the next shiny ones when the grp gets older.everytime i see them attending fm/fc, i kinda pity ggs 😭. ul see pretty ladies on bg fms/fcs, mostly look like attending a party but in ggs male fans all look like someone that will do no good. 😭

aunties are the best fans cuz they are harmless and usually treat the artist ( like lim young-woung) as their lost child. very loyal, supportive , competitive and have deep pockets . and no one can really think they can overpower the artist if they do something crazy hence i can say, i would rather have them as fans than the weirdo uncle😂

IMG_4933.jpegIMG_4934.jpeg

Edited once, last by Jackah ().

• female fans find gidle kinda a bit too extreme i think . in a way a little too fake on their takes abt feminisn. most female fans like bgs for obvious reasons but for them to like a gg , they need to be more trendy , like i wanna wear their clothes, not too sexy, not too sweet/timid but should be pretty and independent like bp. all bp members have different personality so u can just pick one member to like acc to ur taste. like as role model not as preference. 😂its like "i want to live their life" for ggs to get more female fans . the higher they lean towards being chill, modern , independent but remains feminine looking, and fashionable , the more they will attract female fans.

IMG_4933.jpegIMG_4934.jpeg

????

Majority of (G)I-DLE's fanbase are women.

Only 4th gen that beats them out on established female demo is NewJeans, who have like the most overwhelming amount of female fans.

Like what are going on about? There've been numbers on most of the top GGs demographic break downs. I-dle's feminism is not pushing women away.

• the reasob why bp is more successful than twice is bec bp was able to get more female fans than male. male fans go to a younger grp or another shiny grp after a yr or 2. and this uncle fans are cringy and why will they want them. no one wants those. female fans of all ages are the best fans in kpop.

ok but for blackpink their success was because the have a well balanced gender ratio and attract a bigger range of fans of different ages as well ( mostly people in their 20's tho) during their early years check my other post there are graphs they are not available but they used to be

edit: here are some examples

n17.PNG

n385.JPG

• Yeah, BP has always had the most balanced Gender ration

They've never been particularly high on the percentage of fanbase skewing one way or the other.

High Female fanbase's

New Jeans

I-DLE

MAMAMOO

High Male Fanbases

Fromis9

Kep1er

WJSN

Early twice

And everybody else is somewhere closer to the middle but either leankng male or female.

Except BP who I think never went beyond 55/45 in either direction

• Male fans are the only reason Twice blew up.

why will u want to be twice? most 4th gen gg have female fans now. and bp the best gg in the world have more female fans than weird uncles. il say target the female demography than male

• But didn't newjeans had a lot of male fans for their fan meeting that one time, and then a lot of female buyers for the album sales.

I feel like the demographic will change depending on what metric you look at it.

• of course they hv more female fans than male cuz they are not attractive enough for male but they are not attracting more fans now. if ur a female fans looking for fun, why will u like them?they have no distinct members like aespa or ive. i know winter/karina in aespa and wy and yujin in ive but not a single one in gidle though i know they are popular in sk but not within kpop bgs fans .they are definitely not nj that attract young female demo .and aunties will never like fake wokes.😂 look at the quality of their female fans ig - they wont sustain their popularity if they are even popular globally🤷‍♀️

Edited 3 times, last by Jackah ().

• But didn't newjeans had a lot of male fans for their fan meeting that one time, and then a lot of female buyers for the album sales.

I feel like the demographic will change depending on what metric you look at it.

new jeans have more casual female stans ( mostly hybe stans ) that buy their albums or little girls so perhaps parents buy the albums oversees . but fans in sk are probably male. as they grow older and get more luxury brand endorsements ( like bp) they will attract more female loyal fans.

• new jeans have more casual female stans ( mostly hybe stans ) that buy their albums or little girls so perhaps parents buy the albums oversees . but fans in sk are probably male. as they grow older and get more luxury brand endorsements ( like bp) they will attract more female loyal fans.

Uncle fans buy albums so they can go to fan events and concert tickets, but they don't listen to their music on melon, that's for sure.

• Uncle fans buy albums so they can go to fan events and concert tickets, but they don't listen to their music on melon, that's for sure.

but they dont need uncle fans if u can attract female fans that like bgs .there is a reason bg can be profitable for longer yrs than gg. thats why labels want the label stans to like their other grps too cuz the most loyal fans are female.

for example, new jeans have more male fans but more female fans are buying their albums. as mentioned, its bec hybe stans buy their albums too which are mostly female so again thanks to hybe😂 they became million seller early. but i think this stats will change and will lean towards female once they become more likeable to female demography -- be more chill, independent , and leaning towards fashion like bp. isnt it what mhj doing right now? u need female fans for concerts.IMG_4935.jpeg

IMG_4937.jpeg

Edited once, last by Jackah ().

• This thread contains 51 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!